HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Z97 Last Hurrah Ambient Challenge thread.

phobosq

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It did enter, I had to remove it from competition, I would propose you rebench - xtu shows no frequency, monitoring shows 4,1ghz on top, use latest xtu-version, if the problem remains change to english for language if not done now or try fresh install on OS. I can by no means accept this result as it is submitted now, it will go again at final check for sure, sorry, I have no choice

It did enter, I had to remove it from competition, I would propose you rebench - xtu shows no frequency, monitoring shows 4,1ghz on top, use latest xtu-version, if the problem remains change to english for language if not done now or try fresh install on OS. I can by no means accept this result as it is submitted now, it will go again at final check for sure, sorry, I have no choice

Sorry I use an older version (5.1.0.23)... I'll rebench with the new one.

I really hope z97 soc force ln2 is not allowed because this is same situation like es hardware,i never saw this card retailed in my country or Europe . why i ask because it has a couple of points lead in xtu llc so would not be fair to rest of us who can't purchase it...

• Administrators

Sure it is limited edition and use is not fair because it is no normal retail board and gives higher result bc of short traces at rtls, it cannot even be used for normal build, but ES is not ruled out by Competition rules. I asked Christian to check this with Gigabyte, but the rules of this contest were not good at all anyway so I am pretty sure you will have no chance if you report.

Oh,i see the use of ES cpu not harmfull to competition since it is frequency capped and performance is the same but you can't allow a board that was not released in retail and known for having short traces ==>lower rtl==>higher memperformance==>higher xtu performance compared to normal variant.... Just my 0.02$,pretty sure no one at hwbot will give a ****

• Administrators

I made my opinion clear on competition rules for this contest long before, officially and internally, I do not approve these and stated also protest which was in fact useless. I am happy that Gigabyte gave good chance to benchers to compete in nice comp anyway. To be sure about the es board issue, I made another request as said

On es cpus, there are cpus especially binned for imc for example, so this matters as well...

P.S. Just for the record so that you can see someone did care

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=139888

SOC Force LN2 was available for retail purchase, nothing on my board declares it as ES.

I did not see an inherent lead in scores at all. I spent lots of time and effort making my OS more efficient to get a little edge. Seeing a 1094 score with 1300 8-12-8 on regular board should show where it's at (not the board).

PSC memory that has a chance of running 1368 8-12-8 all day in a prime95 based benchmark was never available for retail purchase for anyone that started overclocking with Z97, that is fair in your opinion?

Edit: FYI, I don't have access to extreme cooling, even if I wanted to I couldn't participate in the extreme challenge. I was moved to extreme league when I won a slot & participated at ROG live comp.

Edited by aerotracks

• Administrators

On the ES matter, I do not care, I said what I wanted to say a while ago, so if ES is not ruled out I will moderate it this way. It is safe to say that lots of people had no access to this, but you cannot have it all.

On your other remarks, if you feel uncomfortable at xoc, do what lots of others did as well, disable subzero subs (delete or make pointless) and return to EL. The PSC argument is a joke because tons of these were sold all over the world as retails, you can´t blame others that you started oc after sales of these at shops ended, second hand market is big btw, and if I follow this I might complain as well that I had no chance to buy brand new retail FPM to compete at old school comp because they were sold around 2000 - for someone who has 1368 capable kit like you it is no go argument anyway, I cannot remeber I asked you when you started oc when I sold it to you^^

• 5 weeks later...