HWBOT Community Forums

The official ROC OC Showdown Formula Series Round 3 thread.

Christian Ney

No, the stated rule was 'min temp must be greater than 20c [in hardware monitor]' until a day or two ago and since hardware monitor won't read 20.1, to use your example, many of us have tossed bench runs that fell into the 20c range or lower to stay within Mr Ney's rules. Not a big deal at the end of the day for myself as I don't have the build at the moment to place high anyway. But in an effort to keep these competitions on as level a playing field as possible, I thought it was worth discussing and I'm having way to much fun to 'take my ball and go home' yet

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the XTU Limitation say this : Limitations

-The CPU load temperature must be higher than 20°C

-a motherboard manufactured by ASUS

-Only members of the enthusiast, novice, rookie league may participate.

-Must use commercially / retail available components. Engineering samples are not allowed.

-Provide sufficient verification for your CPU temperature by showing HWMonitor information. (RealTemp and CoreTemp are not OK)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Make sure to check Rules tab and Discussion thread for detailed rules and update

I see no screens for XTU with HwMonitor !!!!

There is a lot of impossible in this comp. I think the mods need a good look, especially at the chips doing 5.2-5.3 @ 1.6v+, would be very hard to keep at the temps they have. Mine at 4.9 hits 80 with delid, CLU, 1.52v and 20deg idle. It's very real.

Not calling anyone out in particular, just some scores seem off. Very good scores though, however they managed to cool it.

I still beleive these comps aimed at the ambient classes should have CPU speed caps, makes it more competitive that way, and not just for those that have the money to bin a heap of CPU's or cheat on cooling to get there.

One last thing, rig pics, close ups aren't satisfactory. You can't see the full extent of cooling. Yeah this too can be faked, but could reduce the question of legitimacy.

Edited by KaRtA

One last thing, rig pics, close ups aren't satisfactory. You can't see the full extent of cooling. Yeah this too can be faked, but could reduce the question of legitimacy.

I think this is a great idea. I doubt I'm alone in wondering how you keep a 30c delta under watercooling at 1.6v+, this could be very valuable information since my phase often sees 30C drops in evap temps when running 1.6v+ under a 4c/8t. Likely an enthusiast league secret but I would love for someone to share.

As for the moderation, the contest closed just a short time ago. It can't be easy going to through all the submissions, everyone can see the ones missing things from the stated rules but the moderation team will catch them and I'm sure make an announcement when its complete and the final results are ready.

As for the moderation, the contest closed just a short time ago. It can't be easy going to through all the submissions, everyone can see the ones missing things from the stated rules but the moderation team will catch them and I'm sure make an announcement when its complete and the final results are ready.

Thanks Rasparthe :celebration:

The mod staff will process the results as soon as possible. Please stay tuned.

Wow, that video even makes me wonder more. Why are the CPUz volts disabled? As I would have expected your load starts up and hits the thermal throttling quickly, is this just a variation of using slow mode for XTU? How did this setup provide such a good score for Realbench if it hits thermal throttling in under 2 seconds? It would have been interesting to see what is to the right of the rig as the picture doesn't pan that far to the right and what the run score was. Thanks for the video though, I wonder if discussions about video of all runs will start up again?

there s an option in the bios if u set it to disable u won t see any voltage on cpu-z .

Voltage was set to 1.6v

I have a bug where cpu-z is only showing vid

My first video is here u can see settings in aisuite 3

And yes it s slow mode (oc panel) . u don t need to run full speed to have a score on xtu .

Edited by nvidiaforever2