HWBOT Community Forums

The official ROC OC Showdown Formula Series Round 3 thread.

Christian Ney

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the video, did raise some questions as I haven't seen the setting in bios that hides the volts, and the throttling was strange. Can you share so we can see for ourselves? My CPUz has had no problems showing voltages in any windows version.

Also noticed your temp going below the 20deg min by the looks, but hard to see. Could be wrong.

Slow mode is a bug/tweak. Not a true run, but allowed none the less.

The option is cpu svid support .

It was a fresh win10 install .

Now everything is ok . It s either because i updated win 10 or because i removed cpu rog connect and aisuite .

I couldn t install turbo vcore at first ( io driver error) . After updating and removing softwares it was possible and now voltage is accurate in cpu-z

There s no limitation for xtu except 20°C load .

Strange. I might try and replicate myself.

Also

Esport rules tab show 20 min, this thread says max temp >20. Needs clarification. The rules for this have been very cloudy, I hope in future they make it clearer with less chance of fabricating temperature results.

Yes,the problem is that both of you are cheaters and should be disqualified in this contest for breaking the rules:

FORMULA SERIES

No extreme cooling (<20°C) allowed.

Only Rookie, Novice and Enthusiast leagues are eligible

Overclockers that participated in offline international competitions are not eligible.

You cooling temperatures are way lower than 0 celsius and your results are made by benching at minus temperature,stopping coolant,warming up,screenshot ... Nice played gentleman...

Screenshot from Raules :

http://hwbot.org/submission/3055983_raules009_geekbench3___multi_core_core_i7_6700k_22604_points

5200mhz @ 1.63v .My cpu can do it with 1.58v .Therefore he s benching x265 at 5200mhz when i can only do 5070 .

mini_741781Capture.png

Can't u see there 's a problem ?

Saw the temp rule clarified in the discussion thread. I'm happy your score in XTU is fine for the comp, but I hope you can understand why the hate/questioning. Mods can handle the rest.

The more transparent and clear you show your results, the less ???? after. Take better full rig pics, not close ups and be honest about it all, and screenshots no matter what, will also help silence. Hiding stuff makes you look guilty.

Raules, ????? That is another that needs serious attention.

Good score.

I don t like when rules are changing too .

when i asked the first time Massman answered it was 20°C load for all benches .

I benched xtu and x265 with idle temeprature below 20°C .

I sent the x265 screenshot to Christian Ney for clarification about frequency .(almost 5.2ghz if i remember)

Then they changed the rules for stage 2 and 3 and i had to rebench .

Aerotracks asked for a full rig picture at the last minute that s why i edited my submission with this picture but i didnt have to because it s not required , same for screenshot .

Guest george.kokovinis
Yes,the problem is that both of you are cheaters and should be disqualified in this contest for breaking the rules:

FORMULA SERIES

Overclockers that participated in offline international competitions are not eligible.

You cooling temperatures are way lower than 0 celsius and your results are made by benching at minus temperature,stopping coolant,warming up,screenshot ... Nice played gentleman...

Yes sir:ws:

Alex said it ALL.

Guest george.kokovinis

Competition rules are at least inadequate, incorrect and confusing.

So confusing that they are subject to the interpretation of each individual.

And if you add here the "elasticity" of the ethics of some members, things turn ugly.

What does ambient competition mean ???

Either if you live in Siberia or Libya, minimum Ambient Temperature UNDER ALL CONDITIONS AND BENCHMARKS should be 20 degrees. Period.

Not one rule for one benchmark and another for the other.

Yes, the results will be lower, but competitions are not made to promote

the products of a company.

An equal chance must be given to all.

A full system picture MUST be shown and chillers, ice buckets and the rest forbidden.

THAT IS AMBIENT !!!

FORMULA SERIES

Well at least you don't beat around the bush. Of course that is what they are doing, I don't understand why they continue to insist they are just watercooling. I'm not up on the rules for watercooling but I thought chillers were allowed for enthusiast.

I think the video posted by NvidiaForever2 speaks volumes about how normal watercooling reacts to 1.6v on Skylake, it hits the thermal throttle in 3 seconds. That might be fine for XTU, since it acts like a slow mode and doesn't affect the score, but how exactly does hitting the thermal throttling in 3 secs provide a good score in Realbench?

As far as I can tell, they will get their prizes because they fall within the stated rules, and unless chillers are expressly not allowed in enthusiast, its legal. I'm sure it took its own amount of tweaking just to get it to fall within the ranges needed so I guess they can be proud of their work? Personally, I find it a little shady but since HWBOT allows it, how can it be criticized now?

At the very least, I hope that this gets HWBOT to finally make a class between Extreme and Enthusiast for this type of overclocker. Its blatantly unfair to the ambient overclockers, especially since as long as they are cooling liquid into a loop, it could be done with LN2 or DICE or even a phase cooler. There used to be a day when honor rules could hold but I'm afraid once prizes get involved it degrades into this.

Guest george.kokovinis
Well at least you don't beat around the bush. Of course that is what they are doing, I don't understand why they continue to insist they are just watercooling. I'm not up on the rules for watercooling but I thought chillers were allowed for enthusiast.

I think the video posted by NvidiaForever2 speaks volumes about how normal watercooling reacts to 1.6v on Skylake, it hits the thermal throttle in 3 seconds. That might be fine for XTU, since it acts like a slow mode and doesn't affect the score, but how exactly does hitting the thermal throttling in 3 secs provide a good score in Realbench?

As far as I can tell, they will get their prizes because they fall within the stated rules, and unless chillers are expressly not allowed in enthusiast, its legal. I'm sure it took its own amount of tweaking just to get it to fall within the ranges needed so I guess they can be proud of their work? Personally, I find it a little shady but since HWBOT allows it, how can it be criticized now?

At the very least, I hope that this gets HWBOT to finally make a class between Extreme and Enthusiast for this type of overclocker. Its blatantly unfair to the ambient overclockers, especially since as long as they are cooling liquid into a loop, it could be done with LN2 or DICE or even a phase cooler. There used to be a day when honor rules could hold but I'm afraid once prizes get involved it degrades into this.

Cheapo cheating. For 500$.

Not even worth putting your hands in sh*t for it.

Furthermore, ridiculing a whole community to thousands of unregistered readers and potential members, who see this garbage and wonder if it is worth it to participate.

I m tired to answer to people who doesn't know what theyre talking about . Throttle? lol .

U don t even know what is slow mode and how to use it .

Your absolutely correct, never used it before. If you think that makes me a worse overclocker you are welcome to the opinion. I won't even disagree.

Just be truthful about what your using to cool your liquid, all these closely cropped pics and carefully engineered screens make everyone very suspicious. It certainly makes me glad I'm not competing in Enthusiast.

Good scores though, I can't imagine the efforts you must have gone through to meet the contest requirements.

Your absolutely correct, never used it before. If you think that makes me a worse overclocker you are welcome to the opinion. I won't even disagree.

Just be truthful about what your using to cool your liquid, all these closely cropped pics and carefully engineered screens make everyone very suspicious. It certainly makes me glad I'm not competing in Enthusiast.

Good scores though, I can't imagine the efforts you must have gone through to meet the contest requirements.

I was a bit hard on you sorry but u can understand i m upset .

It s not temperature throttle u can see on the video it s just me who triggers the slow mode .

People really thinks i m going to cheat on a 5 points benchmark when i could have benched stage 2 and 3 at 5200+ mhz with ice bucket too ?

I benched h265 at 5200 mhz before they changed the rules for stage 2 and 3 and sent the screenshot to Christian Ney for verification . It was at the beginning of the competition

I showed u 5.23 ghz xtu with regular watercooling at ambient temp and it s still not enough .

Any way i feel comfortable about this cause i can rebench any day with the same frequencies and temperatures .

Edited by nvidiaforever2

That's all? No final results? No moderation? No new anouncements?

Gratz to all, it was an amaising battle:)!

Finaly, it's all about the money! To have or not to have ultra high-end cooling solution and a OC Panel to enable slow mode onthefly:)!

Still think the lowest temps ware faked by the users from the 1-st to 3-rd place.

Bytheway...what make difference between me and KARTA in ranking? We have the same amount of points! He has the highest score, and I have 2 better sores then hi's. Explenations...?

Guys, it has had that for the results since the end.

I don't think it's final yet. Christian hasn't been online since it finished. Let's wait for a confirmation here, nothing has helped with scores that don't comply with the rules. I'm with you that there is at least one questionable score, the mods have to look at.

For the record too, Stutvit and I are on the same points, we should both get prizes, otherwise it's not fair at all.