HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC / LN2 Prep / BIOS / Experiences

I successfully flashed this T4 STRIX BIOS to my EVGA 1080 Classified.

It works okay in one aspect -- seen it go over 1.093v for a brief moment....

However not so good in another. No matter what I do I can't get my Classified to draw more than 110w power.

...I think because the power limit has been completely "removed" instead of just "raised" my card is defaulting to a 'fail-safe' low power mode. Either that or the differences in the power management system are too different between STRIX and Classified 1080's.

The STRIX BIOS did allow me to go over 1.093v for a moment and 100% fan on this BIOS also yielded an extra 1000rpm.

I have tried many other BIOS's, the power draw problem seems to be isolated to this one.

The original power limit of the 1080 Classified is 320w when the bios switch is to LN2 mode.

If I could find a BIOS with a high power limit -- but 'with' a power limit -- with the same voltage adjustments as the T4, this would be fantastic. I have spent all week desperately searching for this elusive BIOS lol...

If anyone could point me in the right direction this would be absolutely fantastic!

Or in direction of where I might find a Pascal BIOS tweaker.

At the moment I am limited to testing by locking voltage in MSI AB to 1.093v.

Have a nice day :-)

Nick Peyton

Sorry but this is an overclocking support thread for ASUS Strix GTX1080.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't realise its Asus only.

Anyone know if the mantacore bios will work in my evga SC ? It should as its running an FE bios now and is FE based right?

:)

Mantacore BIOS? I done a google search on this and can't find anything?

If it is volt modified to allow greater than 1.093 I would love to test it for you and report back. I also have a EVGA 1080 but with dual BIOS so I can test safely. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently upgraded my build and am curious if any of you attempted this on air, AND what temps were your readings on max rpm without load. And please include if you have any PWM fans connected.

I have been noticing my temps in the high teens and low 20's with two Noctua 12mm PWM 1500rpm fans. I get in the high teens with the fans at 100%, and low 20's at 50%. I already have NK's new waterblock being custom made for my card, to include a custom plate...SWEET!!!

I would love to attempt this but only on good authority that someone else has already attempted this. It took me a while to afford all these new upgrade's and don't want to replace anything because of something stupid, lmao.

Current setup (still a few more things coming):

- Asus Rampage V Edition 10

- Intel i7 6850k (yes, because i couldn't afford the other two)

- Asus Strix O8G GTX1080

- G.Skill Trident F4-3200C14D-32GTZKO

- Swiftech H320 X2 Prestige (CPU low 20's and high teens)

- EVGA Supernova 1000 T2 Titanium

If there is anything else i left out, oh well. And all the low temps I listed are obviously idle or light load temps.

-Semper Fi

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guys, I have seen a guy claiming his unmodified 1080 (water cooled with stock bios) can pass fire strike at 2302 mhz .... has anyone seen other gpus clocking this high? His gpu score is 8600 so its up where it should be for those clocks.

What do you think?

Hmm...( cough, cough )...BS :)

Started off with a Strix A8G and flashed with the T4 bios.. max voltage is 1.2V, from what I understand 1.24-1.25V is possible ?

The card draws around 350-400W in Heaven Benchmark and my scores is around 3200 with Custom preset and Extreme tesselation.

2088MHz core seems to be stable, I can run Heaven Benchmark with 2126 but it´s unstable and 50% of the runs fails.

The temps are around +70C with the fan at 100%

Shouldnt I be able to reach higher ?! Did I do something wrong when flashing or is there a major difference between A8G and the OCéd Strix ?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, i have a gtx 1080 strix, but i have a liquid cooling and i use a waterblock for this.

I need change my rom, for unlock the core voltage and do a good overclock

My current version is: :86.04.17.00.E3 ID:10DE:1B80:1043:85AA

GP104 Board (Normal Board)

If i use this rom, i have risk to brick my gpu?

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/1d/1dbb56f2_WhatsAppImage2017-05-29at10.39.47.jpeg

• 4 months later...