HWBOT Community Forums

The Official ROG OC SHOWDOWN 2016 - FORMULA SERIES ROUND 1 DISCUSSION

KaRtA

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@websmile: Please remove raules009 from the comp, because he's desturbing the rankings.

Thanks again:)!

^This guy!

That is gold!

stivut, I am sure that Michael will see what and where at the correct milestones for the competition. Not sure he needs a running dialogue of incorrect submissions along the way.

• Administrators

All results checked at stage 2 and 3, raw precheck on xtu - please watch the rules, screenshots for gpupi and x265 have to obtained with integrated tool and be part of the submission file ;)

Also, mainboard tab is needed and temperature monitoring during! the run. Thanks for the attention, and have fun at benching :)

• Administrators

Utilization tab is not mandatory and can be bugged if you use an OS that was installed on another socket board or different cpu. The result you talk about was checked by head of moderation. We found no proof of broken rules

Edited by websmile
btt, anger is never a good advisor

• Administrators

Sorry if I was a bit harsh, but the result was indeed checked by me, I gave it to Christian Ney for a second check as well to confirm if it is possible and according to the rules. We do not handle this easy going, the guy had a delta of above 50° from idle to load, and we agreed that this is a clear sign of monitor run during benchmark and practically impossible to get at low load. We have no reason to let invalid results stay at a competition, and load shown can be bugged for several reasons, which is why we go with temp first and take this as a hint if first point gives us doubts.

Edited by websmile

my score of 1695/4 cores xtu gets only 1 point but scores like 1582, 1611 etc are getting two points. also points are not in the pattern mentioned in the rules like 5-4-3-2-1. can some one explain for my understanding. also if you can show the bonus points(additional points) separatedly that will give a better understanding of scores.

• Administrators

Ranking at xtu is messed up, the 1/2 point issue is most likely because of bonus points. I asked if we can show extra point seperatley already, but there are technical issues that have to be dealt with before this can be done (if it ever comes, stuff like this is hard to implement)

• Administrators

Please start hwmonitor before you start the benchmark, let it monitor temps during the run, and afterwards let it open for screenshot. You can minimize it during benchmark or whatever, but if I can not check the difference from idle to load at temperature, I will remove the runs from the competition. This is the last time I make a heads up on this, I think logic should also tell that´s the way to handle it. Thanks :)

Guest itabellaOC

please, explain the scores of stage XTU

why there is a higher score with the same proccesor, but the point score higher xtu is lower

Ex :

6700k xtu score 1680 --> 2 point

6700k xtu score 1795 --> 1 point

Edited by itabellaOC