HWBOT Community Forums

RealBench Challenge 2016 - Challenge I Discussion

skulstation

• Administrators

The rules were not changed, maybe you mess this up with formula series. First stage of realbench is limited to 4 cores, it was designed this way and is well balanced as you will see in the end. On graphics cards, only restriction is one graphics core used, so Titan X is allowed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I will check this again to verify. But when I see realbench load on cpu, 30 load is temp you can get on single stage xD

P.S. In the end all will have same limit, but it is of course important to set before people bench for nothing

Edited by websmile

@stivut my cooling is : 360 heatsink + 3x120mm @1600rpm (silent fan, not even beast) + EKWB on CPU + EKWB pump (look like a laing 18w).

You can see it on the picture. Only difference is heatsink was on my windows during night -> 20°C. And it's not even my best cpu, it's one I tested before selling it.

And din't use airconditionner.... so I swer it's 100000% legit, I won't start cheating after 6years and moreover not for an ambiant constest to win a mousse :D . not it will be funny when poele will start to submit 5.2Ghz run with 1.7v on air

• Administrators

OK, 30 degrees was intended to be minimum temp load and idle^^ - I will not handle this too strict, I accept 20 minimum idle if delta to load is OK, but I will not accept chiller temps like menthol offers, 1,5v and 6° is at least apprentice league cooling. Sorry that the rules left room for interpretation.

• Administrators
must the temp monitor run during the benchmark to get "true" max and min?>

Definitely yes, it will be same for all so no advantage or disadvantage for anyone, but I want idle and load, because of this start the monitoring before the benchmark starts