HWBOT Community Forums

Nvidia Inspector help needed W8.1

This program works really nice, you need to have your install media plugged in and point to where it says on the link. So download from first link and read second link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-E2IRjLOeFwYUhPYWhwcXgwWGs

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Offline Installer for Windows 8 and Later - AskVG

Or you can mount or extract your iso and use command line which shows you commands at bottom of this link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2785188/how-to-enable-.net-framework-3.5-on-windows-8-in-offline-mode

I didnt use the above installer websmile posted because I didnt want internet but if you already installed internet than that might be easier. I feel like it didnt work for me but I might be remembering wrong.

Edited by Strong Island

This program works really nice, you need to have your install media plugged in and point to where it says on the link. So download from first link and read second link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-E2IRjLOeFwYUhPYWhwcXgwWGs

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Offline Installer for Windows 8 and Later - AskVG

Or you can mount or extract your iso and use command line which shows you commands at bottom of this link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2785188/how-to-enable-.net-framework-3.5-on-windows-8-in-offline-mode

I didnt use the above installer websmile posted because I didnt want internet but if you already installed internet than that might be easier. I feel like it didnt work for me but I might be remembering wrong.

Most of that is beyond me, but the last option leads to hours of this bar scrolling on the screen. :D

Inspector%208.1%20issue%203_zpsyotzrblo.png

Most of that is beyond me, but the last option leads to hours of this bar scrolling on the screen. :D

Inspector%208.1%20issue%203_zpsyotzrblo.png

I would use the program, all you do is open the program and point the installer to the place they show which is your usb drive with the install media and then it's done in like 2 min or less. All you do is open the program and click the drive letter where the install media is under installation settings and then click start installation and it does it for you. it's like 1-2min. The program is that first link in my google drive, the second link is instructions but just do what I listed above.

So

- download program

-open program

-under "Select windows install media" click on the drive letter where your usb drive is plugged in. (must still be plugged in) You shouldnt have to touch the second drop down, it should change itself once you select the drive letter in first drop down.

- then click start installation

I think I downloaded the program because I had same trouble as you. It was the only thing that helped me.

Edited by Strong Island

The app worked!

Thank you.

Why do they make it so difficult?

I dont know, I think it's some sort of bug but I am a little software challenged. I went thru exactly what you did and was so happy I found that app, maybe there is a better way but it's the only thing that worked for me. Plus it works without internet. Glad you got it going.

• 2 months later...

sorry for the delay......net 3.5 is included on original iso!

plug in the usb key with on win 8 or 8.1 or 10, and digit on terminal with admin rights:

Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:X:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Replace X with the letter of Windows Usb Key

Edited by barbonenet