HWBOT Community Forums

CPUz 1.74 and later

I'm having major issues with CPUz freezing the system at about the 12 to 15% point whilst detecting processors. Version 1.50 works fine but I can not get a validation link and therefore can't compete in the % overclock round.

Any ideas would be appreciated, I'm trying to use an Athlon XP 1700+ for this round.

• Administrators

Have you tried to disable dmi detection for example at the ini? Sometimes conflicts there can cause this (drivers etc), maybe you try to disable some detections one by one to find the problem, it might help you to get correct detection nontheless, not all is necessary what is enabled at cpuz detection process

• Administrators

I have personally no problem if you use older cpuz for this oldschool round, but I would recommend you try to fix it nontheless (way to try is described above). At competitions for big prizes or team and country cup on which the cpuz version is mandatory you will not be able to participate in the future if you can´t slove the problem..

I'm having major issues with CPUz freezing the system at about the 12 to 15% point whilst detecting processors. Version 1.50 works fine but I can not get a validation link and therefore can't compete in the % overclock round.

Any ideas would be appreciated, I'm trying to use an Athlon XP 1700+ for this round.

I had the exact same problem.

Disabling DMI or sensors or whatever in cpuz .ini didnt help.

All cpuz versions that need to install into program files were causing me freezes.

Only the old , stand alone cpuz versions were working.

I uninstalled all cpuz versions i had in my os and restart.

Then i removed all registry entries (regarding cpuz-cpuid) and restart.

Installed 1.78.1 and it worked.

Have you tried the "portable" version from the beginning and DMI disabled + XOC enabled? I never install it, always use the one from provided zip.

PS: I see you got 1.78.1 working, should be fine to use. 1.78.3 really is strange even on AM2 cpu/boards on XP, just look at the div VII submissions.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

I have got 1.78.3 working but it is very unreliable. The core voltage is miss reported off and on and it still freezes but only when I have a good score to screen shot. Back to 150 version of Cinebench and 3d mark submissions if that is OK.

This old shit is starting to cause me to lose hair.

Hi. I've got a question with CPU-Z. It's not reading the DRAM frequency and the FSB : DRAM. Both of the fields are blank.

CPU-Z is v1.78.3

CPU: intel celeron 2.4GHz (nortwood) ( I'm not participate in the old school challenge )

RAM: noname 2X1024 ddr 333MHz (PC2700)

For what reason can't reading the values? What can I try to fix it?

I appreciate any ideas.

Edited by hubip

Collection of bioses: Index of /AMD_k7 There you have the Mantarays, but I really only use my own bioses. I was using one of the latest Merlin's bioses (one of TaiPan ones) before that, never really liked the Mantarays XT.

My old link to ClassicPlatforms' bios archive is not working anymore, not sure if not hidden already. Perhaps Scotty could help.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

I'm now at a point where i can open CPU-Z once, then i have to reinstall OS, regedit disabeling things in .ini don't yield me anything... only 1st time after fresh install CPU-Z works... Any ideas? (this is with standalone version)

I'm now at a point where i can open CPU-Z once, then i have to reinstall OS, regedit or disabeling things in .ini don't yield me anything... only 1st time after fresh install CPU-Z works... Any ideas? (this is with standalone version 1.78.3 (can't find 1.78.1))

Edited by TAGG

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I not found the .1 nor .2 version. I find always the v.3 for download.

I did try some old versions, like 1.77; 1.73; 1.65.1; 1.43; (I choosed them randomly) and I tried change the DMI and XOC as I read above. Still the same issue..... :(

Edited by hubip