HWBOT Community Forums

ROG OCS Team Edition: Team can be created for the occasion

rtsurfer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Result is final - there will be no adjustments made anymore, I will make a few notes at the end though

1. LOD was <span style="font-weight:bold;">never!</span> allowed for time spy - we had a clarification at rules at 24.11.2016 to add this explicitly as well as file editing prohibition, but even before this, only results with valid links were accepted (was already part of the first rules draw), this means LOD or Tesselation were never allowed for time spy.

2. It is futile to send results or report them because of temps at stage 3 because there was no obligation for temperature monitoring. Some people did for information purposes, idle temps or load during run, if they are below 25 or show only temps after run it doen´t matter.

3. LOD settings are detected by FM reliable with the driver settings that are scanned, I did ask for a check at FM for such results and they could show me the detailed LOD setting used at driver level. If you install a new driver but don´t change settings at nvinspector, open and change a single setting and hit apply, your old still dialed in settings for LOD will be applied as well, maybe this is helpful for some guys who wonder how it can happen that LOD is detected...

Thanks to Asus for making this competition happen and thanks to all participants, not all was easy to handle with Ryzen for example and the big amount of submissions, but the concept worked mostly :)

Love the final caveat in your otherwise direct and to the point post "... but the concept worked mostly".

I can't imagine the number of complaints you mods handle. Thanks! And it was a very well thought out bracketed competition. :)

Yes, it is but it is the way Asus wants to promote new blood, I think it could be worse :)

Interesting to see that these days "new blood" is worth more than people who have worked hard over the years. Sad reality eh..

I hope ASUS does a survey after sometime to see how much of this new blood is "real". :rolleyes:

<blockquote><span style="font-weight:bold;">websmile said: </span>Yes, it is but it is the way Asus wants to promote new blood, I think it could be worse :)</blockquote><br/>

<br/>

Interesting to see that these days "new blood" is worth more than people who have worked hard over the years. Sad reality eh..<br/>

<br/>

I hope ASUS does a survey after sometime to see how much of this new blood is "real". :rolleyes:

Recidivism rate? ;-) It's low, but non-Zero.

Lol - I wouldn't go near bracketed 1/4 mile if I were you then... you have to sit there while the guy in a Pinto gets a 6 sec head start against your 650bhp C4T! But is does bring in more racers in the long term.

You see, the issue with new-blo0od-only-stages is that, one can be a rookie, then become another and another.

At least 3 results look hideously the same sans the CPU from 3 different new guys which I believe is technically done by a single guy..

Well, at least he's a new guy :D

P.S.

rookie mistake SS and rig pics

You see, the issue with new-blo0od-only-stages is that, one can be a rookie, then become another and another.

At least 3 results look hideously the same sans the CPU from 3 different new guys which I believe is technically done by a single guy..

Well, at least he's a new guy :D

P.S.

rookie mistake SS and rig pics

which one?

Im afraid hwbot cannot guarantee that someone will make new account to become rookie.

EDIT: See that - STAGE 2

JASTAS & Dressed4succes = 100% the same.. white background, same GPU and cooler D15... Really ??

Tibom2000 is also cheating my guess, 0,567V on air Noctua fan and 4200+ MHz core FQ! No bunnying way! Even temp is hidden.... God knows what temp is showing... And GPU PI super slow I cannot believe it as proper submit.

Guys open your eyes, I have already reported this submit.. this is not air cooling...

Edited by cagej

• Crew

Well guys we had this setup running in the shop (hence the same background) were we had a small workshop with the rookies (people from the shop itself).

For your info the same mobo to clock the memory (CH VI), mem, gpu and OS was used (as we had no clue how to get them temp readouts working.) The clocking itself was done by these persons (not that Ryzen is difficult on air).

If you look at the earlier submissions by eg Jastas you can see he was running his daily 6700K( XTU score), though this score was not be enough to compete in Stage 1 nor 2. So we organized a session at the shop to get up with the other Ryzen scores. Heck I even drove off to a few members to help them to get it all dialed in and working right before Computex.

During Computex we constantly checked our scores and ranking, motivating people to rebench. Admirably 12AX was still benching his X48 with Oldscarface a few hours before the deadline.

edit: Ow yes maybe I forget too reply too the 0.576 Voltage... really guys... Maybe the slow pi time explains he is still a real Rookie that relies mainly on clocks than tweaks...

Edited by Leeghoofd

Lets just say you are right...... but

You are mistaken, HW sharing is not allowed and it is banned...

Sorry I just do not believe that 0.576V is not under LN2 or some ICE..... cos Ryzen is super-sensitive with low TEMP... lower temp = much higher clock.. how big believer I am I don't believe it.

CPU-Z is reading CORRECTLY Vcore for months... not now in June... OK I was not able to correctly tune H265 bench (much harder to tune) with Ryzen (new platform), but I have much much much faster GPU PI with very same clock... and do not tell me, that when he reaches more then 4200 MHz with H265 he was not able to run 4300+ on GPU PI... I just cannot believe this bunnyextraction.. And his Vcore is out of thing air 1,49V@4250 MHz what I believe is true. He has slow mem timings, so low score...

Well guys we had this setup running in the shop (hence the same background) were we had a small workshop with the rookies (people from the shop itself).

For your info the same mobo to clock the memory (CH VI), mem, gpu and OS was used (as we had no clue how to get them temp readouts working.) The clocking itself was done by these persons (not that Ryzen is difficult on air).

If you look at the earlier submissions by eg Jastas you can see he was running his daily 6700K( XTU score), though this score was not be enough to compete in Stage 1 nor 2. So we organized a session at the shop to get up with the other Ryzen scores. Heck I even drove off to a few members to help them to get it all dialed in and working right before Computex.

During Computex we constantly checked our scores and ranking, motivating people to rebench. Admirably 12AX was still benching his X48 with Oldscarface a few hours before the deadline.

edit: Ow yes maybe I forget too reply too the 0.576 Voltage... really guys... Maybe the slow pi time explains he is still a real Rookie that relies mainly on clocks than tweaks...

quote :)

Edited by cagej

• Administrators

Sigh - it is no hwsharing if you use different cpu at 2d benchmark on same board and mems. And if you don´t disable power savings on windows and BIOS, you get slow score and readout in idle of lowered vcore with powerstates. This is not the first time we have group sessions and team sessions at team competitions, romanians did it 8 years ago iirc first time and australians did it all the time for country cup. What is new is that we see "rookies" that run 5,5 ghz xtu and 4100 memory... that´s a problem I am much more disturbed by.

In the end this is the advantage if you live in a small country and work at a shop, you can recruit new guys for hwbot easily and hardware is easily available

P.S. I saw a thread about x265 monitoring as well - I wrote 10 times to use work9ing external tool if the integrated tool does not support your hardware like ryzen, and people did. So what´s all the problem here about? ;)

Edited by websmile

I don't think this can be ever worked out. TEAM benching from it's nature really suggest that people might bench in the same room, will have almost identical photos of rigs, even same non-core-stage hardware. If different CPUs were used that is really depending only on conciousness.

@websmile you might rethink about the advantages of working in the shop with hardware, maybe you can find 5,5 GHz CPU there. After all it's not that hard to load up some WR profiles on Apex board and bench...

• Administrators

If you can bin them and delid and get the right cooling, sure. But when I see big criticism about team session with normal results I guess the fact that a "rookie" has a 5,5 ghz xtu cpu, 2050 12-11 mems and can run it xtu is a bit more suspicious than someone running a cpu within normal parameters with low ram settings and noob BIOS dials^^

OK so no HW sharing he explained... lets just say....

and maybe you are right with balanced power mode and his 0,576V and 4250 MHz (1-2cores only then showing CPU-Z)..

EDIT: OK, finally I found out, package is always CPU tCase Temp... and GPU without fan is showed as Temp GPU :)...

OK

Edited by cagej

• Administrators

I hope this is cleared now, if you find stuff suspicious reporting is always an option. But we check the results that are reported, as well as we check comp results, so if they stay they usually stay with reason, We are all not perfect, but we doi not make that much mistakes :) Some of the problems are part of the concept, I too wonder how many of the rookies will stay, but only the future will tell. Asus did a good comp, new concept, we all learn and see what the future will bring ^^