HWBOT Community Forums

ROG OCS Team Edition: Team can be created for the occasion

rtsurfer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams can be created for the occasion.

What this means is that members from different teams can unite (by creating a new team and join it) to compete for this competition.

Thus allowing members from different teams to compete together.

This may backfire, someone can join a team just to "steal" the stage prize. Maybe team captains should have the right to reject scores done by an "unwanted" team member after comp is ended.

Also, maybe to be eligible for a stage prize the user's team should have to submit in all stages?

Edited by Rauf

• Administrators

It should be clear that you can only play for one team in the competition and that you can also only submit for one team, but I see the problem you adress.

On stage 4, please submit mainboard refrence clock, aka fsb, bclk whatever, busclock of the mainboard - not! cpu clock.

http://hwbot.org/news/1588_application_18_rules

For Stage 1 XTU, is submitting two scores with two different cpus by the same user, count as 2 out of 3 top scores, when calculating the points ?

Or do the top 3 scores for that Stage by a team, have to be by 3 different Rookie or Novice users in that team ?

Teams can be created for the occasion.

What this means is that members from different teams can unite (by creating a new team and join it) to compete for this competition.

Thus allowing members from different teams to compete together.

Hi Ney

what about xeon and 2 or more cpus mainboard? is allowed? I don‘t see any rules to limit cpu model and numbers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please add pictures of your rigs to the submissions, this is mandatory.

Temperature monitoring is mandatory for some stages(Hwmonitor or hwinfo), please check the rules :)

all results with screenshots need at least cpuz cpu, mainboard and memory tab, 3D stages also GPUZ

I advise again, check the rules in deep before you bench, it saves time and avoids troubles

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

OK, I made a first check on all results, a few decisions are still pending which means one or two results might be readded to the competition depending on decisions after discussion. Thanks for the great participation and good results.

On a side note for people who wonder why their results were removed - main problems were missing temeperature monitoring of any kind at stage 2, missing tabs (mainboard for example) and sometimes even missing rig pictures. I handled the rules quite strict, on stage 5 I did accept results without sensor tab only because we did not need temp monitoring and if they had working frequency reading at the FM link.

Thanks again, tomorrow we will have the final result most likely and announcement will come soon :)

• Administrators

Result is final - there will be no adjustments made anymore, I will make a few notes at the end though

1. LOD was never! allowed for time spy - we had a clarification at rules at 24.11.2016 to add this explicitly as well as file editing prohibition, but even before this, only results with valid links were accepted (was already part of the first rules draw), this means LOD or Tesselation were never allowed for time spy.

2. It is futile to send results or report them because of temps at stage 3 because there was no obligation for temperature monitoring. Some people did for information purposes, idle temps or load during run, if they are below 25 or show only temps after run it doen´t matter.

3. LOD settings are detected by FM reliable with the driver settings that are scanned, I did ask for a check at FM for such results and they could show me the detailed LOD setting used at driver level. If you install a new driver but don´t change settings at nvinspector, open and change a single setting and hit apply, your old still dialed in settings for LOD will be applied as well, maybe this is helpful for some guys who wonder how it can happen that LOD is detected...

Thanks to Asus for making this competition happen and thanks to all participants, not all was easy to handle with Ryzen for example and the big amount of submissions, but the concept worked mostly :)

Nice,

by the way guys.. you need to reconsider to use H265 with Kaby Lake, Ryzen and SKX a KBX and ambient monitoring, because it is not officially supported and according to developer the temp reading in H265 is ignored due to bad reading :).. just for info :).

I must say I did not understand Ryzen and H265... was not able to tune it @Max FPS.. getting always about 11FPS like something is really bugged here.

Edited by cagej
ambient missing

There will be an evaluation next days about stage winners and mvp, mvp is guy who contributed most points overall to his team seeing all five stages

Sorry if I missed it, but when will final positions and MVP be announced?