HWBOT Community Forums

ROG OCS Team Edition: Team can be created for the occasion

rtsurfer

Stage 2:- Isn't 30C idle too high? 23-25C is more normal, IMO.

Stage 5:- Non Asus VGAs allowed?? ;):D

Important update on ROG OC Showdown Team Edition

Teams can be created for the occasion.

What this means is that members from different teams can unite (by creating a new team and join it) to compete for this competition.

Thus allowing members from different teams to compete together.

Edited by websmile

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Needs more rules and restrictions IMO

Will try to implement some more - seriously, feedback is welcome, simply say what you don´t like, at least for upcoming comps we need opinions. This is a new concept, we will all have to see how it will work

Agreed on the league limitations. Extreme/Elites Ocers are basically useless. :(

Oh well, it is what it is.

On stage 2, we will reconsider this, I thought I already made similar comment. Nontheless, rules will be same for all :)

on stage 5, the general rules answer your question, asus vga only :)

Stage 2:- I guess I missed your comment. Sorry. :(

Stage 5:- Yeah I knew it would be like that, but was hoping maybe Asus/Hwbot were feeling a bit lenient this time. All good. :D

Dont like elite is only good for 1 stage. Dont like that if your team doesnt have any apprentice etc members you will take zeros. Dont like the high ambient temp like rtsurfer said. 18c Idle is easy with LM and normal water.

And lastly an extra special F you to elite members by giving the MVP a bonus prize where we can only sub in 1 stage. :D But hey! New blood right? Screw the current benchers since all we do is whine at the foolish competition rules that are made. It couldn't possibly be because we are correct could it?

• Members
It couldn't possibly be because we are correct could it?

Certainly not :D

I agree with it making elite/extreme members feel a bit useless as they can't help much.

Then again I don't have any usable ASUS motherboards at the moment so I wouldn't be able to help much anyway :P

I think this excludes too many teams. How many teams have 3 rookies/novices? We are a top 20 team but have 0 active rookies and 0 active novices. Not so strange as new members by default are placed in "rookies of XXX".

The idea to focus on newcomers is good, and to mix in some extremes and elites could be a good way to get the two parties to connect and collaborate. But right now I'd have to switch teams and then I could only do one stage. So you can see that it is not gonna happen...

Also, 1080 on ln2 is yet another F you to the elites/extremes :)

In general I agree with Splaves post as well

Edited by Rauf

I think it would be much better when rookie/novice/apprentice ranks would be good for some additional points. For example: All Stages are open for all leagues. But if you are rookie u get a leage bonus of 5 Points in Stage 1. If Novice u get a league bonus of 5 Points in Stage 2 ect ect. This enables a better chance for smaller Teams to be able to participate. Oh and for elite league "ES" and 1080ti and Titans should be allowed.

Just my humble opinion =)

• Administrators

OK, thanks for the feedback - we will change minmum temp to 25 for the affected stages, on the other topics adressed, it is a new concept as said, and Asus wants to check it, give it a chance. We have opened a lot of competitions to all leagues now to give elite and extreme also chance to compete there, this one ficusses a bit more on rookie, novice and enthusiast :)

While a minimum idle of 25C is nicer, I feel it's still too high. Why? A lot of people have their house thermostats at 18-20C (68-72F), and even a 240mm AIO/CLC will usually only be a few degrees above ambient temperatures - let alone those having a decent custom water loop, where idles are only 1-3C deltas.

Then add in the "usual tactic" of putting a radiator in a window to draw in fresh air alongside the fact it's spring or fall and that brings lower temperatures..... One would have to rely on a hefty amount of voltage in order to actually meet that 25C idle temp.

Additionally... Are we talking after having idled for two seconds, or STABLE idle temperatures, which can take a few minutes to be reached? The two are very different beasts.

• Administrators

X265 has an integrated monitoring function, test it and your qustions will be answered, minimum tmeps are what is displayed at the tab, it has to be active before, during and after run until the validation file including cpuz screenshot (integrated in the file) is saved

Ok so I guess I should go hunt down all the i7 owning rookies and novices in my team. Stage 2 allows Ryzen CPUs correct?

I like the no 1080Ti/TXP rule. 1 because I don't nvidia. 2 because they are extremely expensive. Also Nvidia just launched an even faster TXP2 so the 1080Ti might end up being too slow and who ever buys a new 1200$ card is gonna win.

Also about this rule:

For each stage, overclockers from a same team will have to use either different CPUs, chipsets or GPUs to count in the Average scoring / Team. I.e. For Stage 1, the average top 3 scores for Team A is calculated as:

It mentions different chipsets so would Z170 + 7700K and Z270 + 7700K count as different enough?

• Administrators

Stage 1, XTU, is a cpu benchmark so you have to use different cpu models and stage 2 allows Ryzen, yes. Under the rules tab, you will also find more information including a table which shows more detailed information. Happy rookie hunting :D

So how do i show temps in hw monitor with a ryzen cpu? :P might work by the end of the competition but doesn't work right now.

I've found using HWInfo v5.50-3130 and the CPU (Tdie) shows correct (I believe). Happy enough to rely on it myself anyway.

Try hwinfo or another tool and show what you have got^^ - we can find a solution that fits. Internal tool of x265 does not work for ryzen?

ok. i havent found anything that can read mine yet :(

I've found using HWInfo v5.50-3130 and the CPU (Tdie) shows correct (I believe). Happy enough to rely on it myself anyway.

i will try that one later tonight. thanks.

I'm planning to start out with LN2 in the next month or so, so I wondered how that will effect my submissions...

If I enter stages 1 and 2 on H2O as a Rookie, and then once I have started using LN2 I enter a later stage (so will then be in the Extreme League) does it void my Rookie scores or will they still stand?