HWBOT Community Forums

Fixed the 23/26 POST codes, was related to wrong CBB voltages. Does anyone else have issues setting maxmem with B-die? I'm on BIOS 1102 and I've tried lots of different maxmem settings on different O.S.es (Server 2012, Win 7, Win 10) and none of them work.

On 3/31/2018 at 11:37 PM, unityofsaints said:

Fixed the 23/26 POST codes, was related to wrong CBB voltages. Does anyone else have issues setting maxmem with B-die? I'm on BIOS 1102 and I've tried lots of different maxmem settings on different O.S.es (Server 2012, Win 7, Win 10) and none of them work.

Maxmem only works up to W7 / 7 Embedded. Por 8/8.1/10/Server and all those you need to use the "remove memory" command my CMD

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OCX.Chile said:

Maxmem only works up to W7 / 7 Embedded. Por 8/8.1/10/Server and all those you need to use the "remove memory" command my CMD

Thanks for the tip but I was having this issue also in Windows 7

3 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

Thanks for the tip but I was having this issue also in Windows 7

Im using the same elevated CMD command in W7 since is easier to reach a fixed RAM amount. MaxMem works but sometimes gives random values.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:00 AM, elmor said:

BIOS

0030 Updated LN2 profiles for LCC and HCC CPUs. Added Vccin Tracker option under Tweaker's paradise, enabled means "phantom throttling" is on.

0026 Latest BIOS, based on official 0802. Supports Windows XP with Kaby Lake-X. No throttling due to Vccin.

0038 Supports Windows XP with Kaby Lake-X. No throttling due to Vccin.

@elmor - which of these is actually the latest BIOS with XP support? I tried 0038 based on the naming but am seeing worse memory OC than latest official. Is 0026 actually newer?

1 hour ago, unityofsaints said:

@elmor - which of these is actually the latest BIOS with XP support? I tried 0038 based on the naming but am seeing worse memory OC than latest official. Is 0026 actually newer?

On my m7i xp worked fine on the latest bios, so it should work on any bios for z97

1 hour ago, yosarianilives said:

On my m7i xp worked fine on the latest bios, so it should work on any bios for z97

This is a x299 thread. Did you get lost? ;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, unityofsaints said:

This is a x299 thread. Did you get lost? ;)

Just a bit, seen too much spam about z97 and xp the past few days from others to think that there are other platforms that can run the OS. ;)

Edited by yosarianilives
  • Haha 1