HWBOT Community Forums

this SHARING has to stop!!

check noname and joecools 05 multi card runs today they are benching at same event with same cards same system and both posting to hbot this shit has to stop or im going to start to let my freind come over and bench on my system and psot to hbot!!

i mean they are at the same event and they even state whos there in the discription and whos overclocking!!!

this kinda stuff by these top guys has to require a 2 week ban as they all know better than this 'you know im right'

i work my ass off for a top 2 standing only to see them sharing crap to pass me by again

not cool at all

I respect both and this is not against there skills as overclocking but come on all ready.

I already posted against some others that did this and there desktops and psots at XS and OCX showed they wher ein the same room but they didnt know thye couldnt do this these guys do.

If oyu dont wnat to be looked at as a worldrecord holder as a team then dont post any results while your at an event 'in public' :)

http://www.awardfabrik.de/awardfabrik/gc2008-erste-weltrekorde-auf-dem-asus-stand-im-3dmark03-u.html

lol and I have pictures of them if thats needed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

Just to remark:

Score from joe_cool was done on the ASUS OCing event at the 19th ot 20th of August and uploaded 21st / 08:41...

No_Names score was done 22nd around 01:00, even with min one different GFX, because one card died:

Nach dem wir heute, wegen eines Grafikkartendefektes einer ATI 4870X2, die CFX Benchmarks während der OC Show vorzeitig abbrechen mussten, haben wir zu später Stunde nach der offiziellen GC Besucherzeit (bis 20 Uhr) einen weiteren Extra Run gestartet. Wir konnten einfach nicht mehr länger darauf warten, haben bis 1.00 Uhr gebencht und wirklich alles gegeben.

Sry, in german, but use a translator...;)

Even without more pics from the setup, don't judge to fast, I tell you, the have much more then two 4870X2...

Sorry guys, i will post you some pics of my hardware later.

We have changed the setup every day, one day we benched with my setup and the next day we benched with Michael's setup.

Overall we have 6 4870x2's - 3 from Michael and 3 from me (one died), 3x QX9650 from Michael, 1x QX9650 from me, 4x E8600 from Michael, 3x E8600 from me, 2x Rampage Extreme from Michael and 2x Rampage Extreme from me and several kits of our own ram.

So don't tell me about hardware sharing.....:mad:

btw. It would be great to ask the person first who made the result, before you block or delete a score. :rolleyes:

Sorry for my bad english.:o

_

another time of "too fast" :rolleyes:

I was there, I thought we had "some" hardware over at the OCZ booth but they topped us out - if you bench on your own mickymouse that's your problem but buying 2 or 3 rigs one does ln2 one does oc is more effective. that's no sharing at all as both clock their own rig while the other one is doing ln2 and maybe giving some hints. I honestly see NOTHING wrong about that. team up and keep up :battle:

@mickeymouse:

This commercialization & globalization of OC scene ruined it all for us. We can't do anything but to piss in the wind. You simply can't compete with someone that has / or is provided with five highest-end handpicked graphics card, five top chips, five top clocking boards, etc, etc...

I'll stop when they cancel the 3M2k1SE support on ORB. This day isn't too far, believe me.

Now i'm back at home....

Here you can see some of my hardware.

http://www.abload.de/img/-2181e6f.jpg

To the same clocks and so on, we made a show at the asus booth and for this we only used some safe settings/clocks.

Because it's not a good show if all the people are looking for hours on a black screen.:D

The real results we will made in the next few weeks at home, there is a lot of more room for higher clocks on cpu and gpu left.;)

_

@mickeymouse:

This commercialization & globalization of OC scene ruined it all for us. We can't do anything but to piss in the wind. You simply can't compete with someone that has / or is provided with five highest-end handpicked graphics card, five top chips, five top clocking boards, etc, etc...

they BOUGHT ALL chips and most of their hardware until now from their own money. if you work for something very hard you get a little bit back what is wrong about that?

what the hell we have to proof in the future? pictures where we are, how many power plugs we have in our house? that's ridiculous guys.

They will have higher scores very soon will you start to argue then again when they do not show every single piece of hardware they have?

they BOUGHT ALL chips and most of their hardware until now from their own money. if you work for something very hard you get a little bit back what is wrong about that?

what the hell we have to proof in the future? pictures where we are, how many power plugs we have in our house? that's ridiculous guys.

They will have higher scores very soon will you start to argue then again when they do not show every single piece of hardware they have?

Start reading, i have written specifically "HAS or is provided with". And please, don't tell me they don't have te opportunity to handpick the best clocking hardware with all those sponsors. :cool: That's OK, but you must understand not many people has this opportunity.

Besides, if you have nothing valid to add it is better not to post at all or to play advocate. Joe & NoName are grown men who can both speak and defend themselves, don't you think? Joe already explained everything, so why did you have to rush to yell at everyone who reasonably doubted about HW sharing? It has been proved that they both had their own HW, so what do you want to flame on? :rolleyes:

Benchmarking lost it's charm with all this sponsored OC events, i tell you that.

Edited by tiborrr

an interesting posting.. well i am at the same situation too, coz i cant afford to have the best hardwares and bench like some overclockers i know, hmm, they even have the chance to pick and also share sometimes... well most i know are sponsored. But well, for an amateur overclocker like myself, limits are lower and soon my interests would go.... without more money :)

Anyways, guys, we are one big community, and lets continue overclocking to the extreme with passion. Chill!

• Crew
And please, don't tell me they don't have te opportunity to handpick the best clocking hardware with all those sponsors. :cool: That's OK, but you must understand not many people has this opportunity.

No, we DON'T have...

No_Name talked several times to INTEL Germany, but there is no interest in support...

No_Name just bought by himself at least min 5 E8600 and pict out the best...

I had luck and just bought two...

Same in the past, I bought a least 4 QX until I got a good one...

He (we) only have sometimes the chance to get hardware for shows, which is not selected.

Here in Germany we don't belong to the privileged people in the States, Asia, Greece or northern Europe...

I agree with tiborr somewhat... the heavy sponsorship of those at the top makes it very hard to compete for someone with a normal situation (cant spend 10K+ per year on hardware and no sponsors). The popularity of OC'ing is a double edged sword though. More people OC'ing means hardware manufacturers pay much more attention to our market segment. We get mobos with all the tweaked out options we ask for, etc!

But... A certain few lucky people seem to get all the sponsorships... Nothing against those people since most have worked very hard to get where they are! But it would be nice if companies sponsored some less well known names, since the big shots will always get their hardware. Im not saying start giving out 4870x2's to everyone, but maybe just spread the love a little. Would make competition a little more interesting at least (not to mention I might actually receive something lol).

I would love to get just 1 motherboard for testing/review purposes in a year... there are many who receive 1 per month! In addition to RAM, CPUs, GFX Cards, etc. But oh well, life's not fair, and the only way to change something is to go out and do something about it right? Many companies are open to sending out review samples if you have an avenue to publish a review (blog, review site, forums, etc). So maybe try that? Work is involved, but it can pay off with free hardware!

Here in Germany we don't belong to the privileged people in the States, Asia, Greece or northern Europe...

Not as easy as you may think to get sponsored in the U.S.

Ive talked to many companies about doing reviews for hardware (Intel, Apacer, STT, etc etc etc) and get stonewalled many times (review site isnt big enough, they already have all samples sent out, every other excuse you could think of).

I think you Germans get the mushkin love though dont you? And you got the cool LN2 delivery truck guy! :)

once a friend told me, if im good enough ppl will come to me and sponsor me. I dont have to ask them for sponsorships. Companies now want a win-win situation for themselves as well.

With overclocking it is obvious, that a lot of money is involved to get the right things, especially when we r on top flight, but someone did enlighten me that, we can still overclock with older hardware, like what Masell is famous for. The only investment would be on your time and on cooling, i suppose :)

Just a thought

If you don't have the cash to buy a dozen chips, just make sure you get a good one when you buy. If you buy from newegg/komplett etc etc (where they just pick one for you) it's your own fault.:o

Those who have sponsors got them for a reason. If you get some nice results with limited resources, someone will notice. That's how the game works (I think).

Find and make the challenge for yourself.QUOTE]

True, true...

I just love the challenge goin after the top dogs with what I have..,

exampel: I have not the opportunity to mod my gpu´s.., I must keep them "out of box"...

I also (damndest thing) cant do LN.., due to the deal I have atm.., wich also includes airruns with same hw..

Thats a real handicap when I have to run gpucores of 700 against 1000mhz beasts.. :-)

No LN speak for it self.., SS and Cascade is doin the job for me... :-)

So.., I dont have ONE result made with LN or modded gpu´s...

.., but I dont care.., I have fun and I try to get as close as I can.., above mentioned has become my challenge and sweet it is.. :-))) (just hold on when my deal changes.., :-))))

Edited by fubarswe

your approach is completely wrong; should never ask for free hardware; if I were PR manager for a company I would deny every request for free hardware too:)

Well its a good thing your not a PR manager then :). I dont ask for free hardware, what do you think im daft? I do legitmate review that get published on my website and local magazine. All I was saying is its not just as easy as that, since there are many respectable review sites all looking for review samples. Ive gotten tons of freebies from cold calling companies and offering to do review for new products... so unless your approach is any better (im waiting to hear it) then please....;)

Also I'm not some hardware wh0re who give a 5 * or 10/10 rating just for getting some gear. Which is another reason its not that easy if your an honest reviewer, because you reivew a product bad and your chances of getting something else from a company goes down...

Edited by TheKarmakazi

if I were PR manager for a company I would deny every request for free hardware too

Then you would eventually fail and get fired....

First of all...nothing is free in this world...so for a piece of hardware received, some guys do reviews, tests and so on. That is called work, and it's either paid by a magazine, or a site, or rewarded with a free piece of hardware. Of course, all review-ers should be honest, but It makes my laugh when I see this reaction when 99% of the sites that do reviews are full of marketing bull.

Second, do you think that hardware producers care about overclocking? Do you think they give a damn about overclocking and pushing the limits? Some of them do, but those are usually overclockers themselves, but most don't. So why do you think they care now? Because it helps keeping the market share, and it helps them build up their brand. Because nowadays...overclocking sells. Overclocking is just another marketing tool for them. So...giving hardware to overclockers is a must for most hardware producers...It's called direct marketing, and it helps them get directly to the target while spending VERY few funds compared to a normal advertising campaign...Just look at Foxconn BlackOps, Biostar TPower I45, and so on....The best examples of state of the art direct marketing accomplished with the help of overclockers...Funny thing is that Biostar is a great motherboard too, but BlackOps is unfortunately still shaky. But...2-4 months ago everyone would have killed for that board...

Third....I know very well how it feels to bench with hardware that you cannot mod, I know how it is to make sacrifices to buy one piece of CPU and get stuck with that, and so on...And then I know how it feels to compete against guys that have it all for free...But I know that they didn't had it for free from the beginning, and that they also had to struggle until they got a name for themselves. So...it might be easier in some countries, might be harder in others, but in the end you have to work a lot to get a sponsorship...So we all have to do that. And just for the record, a cascade costs 10x times more then benching LN2, so I don't see why somebody which has a cascade takes pride in not benching LN2, when it comes to money....

4th....

When you post a score with hardware identical to that of somebody who benched at the same gathering you should provide all proof from THE START that it is not hardware sharing.

I am sorry, where is that written in HWBot rules? I cannot find this paragraph...

5th... I am sick and tired of all this hate, this really has to stop at one point. Now it's fashionable to make HW sharing threads about people that you don't like...this is childish no matter where it comes from. I guess people will always have something against each other, BUT HWBot rules should fix that, by being more clear and specific. There has been talking about this here over and over again but nothing happened. You have all our understanding and support, but at one point all these things that have been a problem for months should be fixed.

Edited by Monstru

Now i'm back at home....

Here you can see some of my hardware.

http://www.abload.de/img/-2181e6f.jpg

To the same clocks and so on, we made a show at the asus booth and for this we only used some safe settings/clocks.

Because it's not a good show if all the people are looking for hours on a black screen.:D

The real results we will made in the next few weeks at home, there is a lot of more room for higher clocks on cpu and gpu left.;)

_

Hi Joe,

If the results posted by you and No Name were run on the same system, the results should only be posted to one account. The number of chips, cards ect. does not matter at all. HWBot prefers in any joint bench session(s) that the results are posted to a team account so they are categorized properly. Alternatively, they may be posted to a single user account, but never more than one account.

Thanks,

maxi

Third....I know very well how it feels to bench with hardware that you cannot mod, I know how it is to make sacrifices to buy one piece of CPU and get stuck with that, and so on...And then I know how it feels to compete against guys that have it all for free...But I know that they didn't had it for free from the beginning, and that they also had to struggle until they got a name for themselves. So...it might be easier in some countries, might be harder in others, but in the end you have to work a lot to get a sponsorship...So we all have to do that. And just for the record, a cascade costs 10x times more then benching LN2, so I don't see why somebody which has a cascade takes pride in not benching LN2, when it comes to money....

Monstru doesnt like me.. :-( :-)))))))

.., here it is..

I paid like 1000 euro for my cascade.., I did it with money I earned fixing broken computers.., (a lot of them...)

LN cost bout 30l/100euro.., that would bring me 300L LN and okay.., I can do a lot of benching with 300L.., but when last drop is gone.., what do I have then.., Nada...

Taking pride in my effort (only cascadebench).., well.., If You have a prob with that.., more the pitty... I would suggest a suitable "workout" for you to loosen up a bit.., but I guess I could get hammered for that.. :-)))