HWBOT Community Forums

Mr.Scott - Radeon HD 2900 GT 256 Mb @ 851/1200MHz - 38317 marks 3DMark2001 SE

daimons

4 hours ago, Gumanoid said:

1: Do you re-read the rules every time you visit the site? I do not argue that formally the screenshot does not comply with the rules just like the screenshot in this submission. There were no notifications about changing the rules, neither on the main page nor on e-mail. If you see that the user does not know about the changes in the rules or does not know completely why not to say?

2: This is me you're asking about this ore someone else? In second round OSIBS Leeghoofd saw that the submission does not comply with the rules and instead of saying that there are inconsistencies and how the screenshot should look just removed from OSIBS. After this in his private messages, he explained the reason, I corrected everything, but he did not want to restore the result. Due to the removal of these two results, our team did not take the overall third place. And everyone knows that the results are right, but formally did not comply with the rules. Where did the normal relationships between people that were several years ago have gone? For me, this is wild.

To point 1, I DO check the rules when comps start to be sure I haven't overlooked anything. Even by doing that I've gotten it wrong before, instead of wasting effort griping I just made sure the next time it was done right.  My first sub in the DDR part of this comp is the latest from me, was done and such BUT I forgot to include a closeup of my sticks. Even though all the rest was fine it wasn't a "Correct" entry so it had to be thrown out... And I'm good with that and will get it right the next time whenever this happens, doublechecking the rules being part of that process.

Like everything else they are subject to change and it's the bencher's responsibility to be aware of and to comply with said rules. This was established long ago as just being "How it is" so we all have to play by that. 

To point 2, it's nothing about you -  This was about Damion reporting a sub ALREADY said to be fine yet he continued reporting it..... Multiple times at that. This is just part of what I had said here earlier, this relating mainly to part 2 of this post: https://community.hwbot.org/topic/175335-hwbot-rev71-point-recalculation-in-progress/?do=findComment&comment=507791

Edited by Bones
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your opinion.

You are all adults and you can open the rules yourself and see the requirements for the design of screenshots.

Due to the fact that the official rules for creating screenshots for submitting the result now do not have any force, but are interpreted by the moderators "this is right" or "it's wrong" our team will not take part in the HWBOT Team Cup 2018.

• Members

So the issue seems to be the example screenshot showing larger areas as 'needed' than @Mr.Scotthas shown, however moderators have taken a common sense approach rather than following the example screenshot to a T (which I agree with), so perhaps @daimons would be pleased if the example screenshot was changed to show that only the number of the 3dmarks is really needed, rather than the larger area currently in the example screenshot? ( @Leeghoofd)

Or of course I could be completely mistaken haha.

7 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

So the issue seems to be the example screenshot showing larger areas as 'needed' than @Mr.Scotthas shown, however moderators have taken a common sense approach rather than following the example screenshot to a T (which I agree with), so perhaps @daimons would be pleased if the example screenshot was changed to show that only the number of the 3dmarks is really needed, rather than the larger area currently in the example screenshot? ( @Leeghoofd)

Yes. I wrote about this two pages.

and common sense?
if there are rules and there is time to make a screenshot of the rules?
you need to either change the rules for everyone by specifying the required mandatory red field or demanding from all its compliance as it is now.
that's the only common sense.

• Members

I can see where you're coming from, since cinebench changed to 100% enforce the red box around the render whilst others are flexible. The rules/example screenshots could be updated and if so would need to be posted on the home page or similar so that all members will easily see they have been updated. But I think that might be something only @richba5tard might be able to do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

I can see where you're coming from, since cinebench changed to 100% enforce the red box around the render whilst others are flexible. The rules/example screenshots could be updated and if so would need to be posted on the home page or similar so that all members will easily see they have been updated. But I think that might be something only @richba5tard might be able to do. 

therefore, it is necessary to highlight exactly those areas that must be on the screenshot necessarily.
and all will be good and simple.
it does not give different interpretations of the same "violations"

• Thanks 1

• Crew

Nice clarification, @GeorgeStorm!
I thought general sense was enough to understand that each requirement has been added for a reason and to understand those reasons. Why was CPU-Z memory tabs added, GPU-Z, 3DMark windows and certain details on them. And why was Cinebench enforced (I got hit by this one though didn't know the cheat before obviously).

But maybe since there are people that don't understand why certain windows are required and what info on them is essential, maybe it's worth specifying.
@daimons, I've got a whole lot of such screenshots: http://hwbot.org/submission/3834865_ (not full memory page)
http://hwbot.org/submission/3831473_ (not full CPU page)
http://hwbot.org/submission/3831472_ (not full motherboard page)
And a whole lot more, usually I don't put the full memory page on almost all my subs. Will you try to report them all?

Edited by Antinomy

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:44 AM, Antinomy said:

Вut maybe since there are people that don't understand why certain windows are required and what info on them is essential, maybe it's worth specifying.
@daimons, I've got a whole lot of such screenshots: http://hwbot.org/submission/3834865_ (not full memory page)
http://hwbot.org/submission/3831473_ (not full CPU page)
http://hwbot.org/submission/3831472_ (not full motherboard page)
And a whole lot more, usually I don't put the full memory page on almost all my subs. Will you try to report them all?

It would be very nice and right if you took all your incorrectly designed screenshots yourself, since they themselves revealed it. After all, you are a person, to whom all are equal and to whose opinion they are listened.
You should be ashamed to take screenshots that do not comply with the rules that are not even in the news column, but by a direct link to the description of the test.

by the way. It repeatedly sounded that once again making a test is also a trivial matter. if you want everything to be by the rules, and not according to the opinion of the moderators or your own

Edited by daimons