HWBOT Community Forums

Mr.Scott - Radeon HD 2900 GT 256 Mb @ 851/1200MHz - 38317 marks 3DMark2001 SE

daimons

and are you special? not like everyone else? compliance with the rules for the design of screenshots is not for you?

in my team, such screenshots were deleted without explanation. just for inconsistency. are all equal in the community?

Edited by daimons

Daimons, you just kill your reputation with this. The score is in line with other results and all necessary settings etc are visible. Can you please advise what cheat can Mr.Scott hide behind that "highlightened in red" part? You can't? Then why report the score? Can you post a sample screeshot for the result that was deleted in the past for your team? I guess it is a bit different (hides settings etc).
  • Thanks 2

TerraRaptor, your prejudiced attitude to the opinion of participants from the former USSR has long been clear to me. you initially do not believe what we say and definitely support the other side. this is unpleasant and incomprehensible.
it is precisely because of this attitude towards us that this dispute arose.
if there are rules for the design of the screenshot with the highlighted mandatory free areas - there are individuals who do not?

because there is nothing easier than re-shoot the screenshot according to the rules?
is this position of the moderators?

Edited by daimons

So no evidence with screenshots of what was removed from your profile? I'm dead sure none of your results were removed just because the result window was somehow blocked - except the case where the settings of the 3DM01SE were hidden or the score itself was invisible. 

Actually, you are wasting mods time by reporting the same score several times. My statement is that this result is fully okay.

Saying I' have " prejudiced attitude to the opinion of participants from the former USSR has long been clear to me " is just funny. The only time I've took part in discussion was a recent topic on cpuz bug. Go on and find another evedence I'm acting like an asshole to people from former USSR. Or that is just another claim you cannot confirm? FYI, I won't be on someone's side just because he is from my country/team etc. What I like about hwbot is that it is not about politics and here we have an examplary cooperation with guys all over the world (hello, guys from Iran!) no matter what happens in the world. That is you making drama thinking that someone has preconceptions because of your origin.

9 minutes ago, daimons said:

I want to understand - what did Mr.Scott lack to make a screenshot of the rules and why this result is special ???

He did the screenshot that contains all the necassary information and nothing substantial is hidden. What's wrong with you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 минута назад, TerraRaptor сказал:

Что с тобой не так?

1 час назад даймоны сказали:

Я хочу понять - чего не хватило Mr.Scott, чтобы сделать скриншот правил

here a certain result is discussed. the screenshot does not comply with the rules. this for laughing is not visible?

Edited by daimons

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

All we need for verification is there, the benchmark which was ran, the bechmark settings, the score, the subresults and all the CPU-Z and GPU-Z details... move on... 

you confirm the possibility of placing the windows on the highlighted red area for graphic tests, while the digital and information data will be readable?
or is this only relevant for this screenshot?

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Everything that is required for validation is in the screenshot.

What about the rules? My result was blocked when another window a little covered red area? Here is screenshot from rules, look at the size of red area "3D marks window". And daimons reported now, not after the end of the competition as some users do-)

3DMark2001%20SE.png

• Members
18 minutes ago, Gumanoid said:

What about the rules? My result was blocked when another window a little covered red area? Here is screenshot from rules, look at the size of red area "3D marks window". And daimons reported now, not after the end of the competition as some users do-)

Do you still have your screenshot to compare?

The rule about not covering any of the rendered scene has been in place for a few months at the very least, if this run was done and subbed recently then there is simply no excuse.

Also, since the subject entry of this thread had already been determined as "Valid" yet it got reported more then once AFTER the staff determined it to be OK, that's not a good thing.

I do hope this wasn't a "If you can't beat 'em, report 'em" tactic because that's just not cool if so.

3 minutes ago, Bones said:

I do hope this wasn't a "If you can't beat 'em, report 'em" tactic because that's just not cool if so.

I've used that tactic before, but only because people are lazy when they sub intel hd graphics and don't bother to match to the correct gpu. Really hard to compete in low end hd graphics (sandy bridge) when the number one score was on a 4770k ;) 

16 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

I've used that tactic before, but only because people are lazy when they sub intel hd graphics and don't bother to match to the correct gpu. Really hard to compete in low end hd graphics (sandy bridge) when the number one score was on a 4770k ;) 

That's a valid report though. Wrong category.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Everything that is required for validation is in the screenshot. I have no clue why you always report it

fasten it on the rules page.
or ask everyone to observe what is fixed there.
and in the news on the change and on the actual rules page.
We do not have crystal balls to understand the views of the moderators.
there are rules on the page. and we believe that they work for everyone alike.
I repeat - I have long had similar situations. the results were deleted. I checked with a screenshot of the rules and did not protest. apparently in vain.

7 hours ago, Bones said:

The rule about not covering any of the rendered scene has been in place for a few months at the very least, if this run was done and subbed recently then there is simply no excuse.

Do you re-read the rules every time you visit the site? I do not argue that formally the screenshot does not comply with the rules just like the screenshot in this submission. There were no notifications about changing the rules, neither on the main page nor on e-mail. If you see that the user does not know about the changes in the rules or does not know completely why not to say?

7 hours ago, Bones said:

This is me you're asking about this ore someone else? In second round OSIBS Leeghoofd saw that the submission does not comply with the rules and instead of saying that there are inconsistencies and how the screenshot should look just removed from OSIBS. After this in his private messages, he explained the reason, I corrected everything, but he did not want to restore the result. Due to the removal of these two results, our team did not take the overall third place. And everyone knows that the results are right, but formally did not comply with the rules. Where did the normal relationships between people that were several years ago have gone? For me, this is wild.

Edited by Gumanoid

• Crew

Look I hate to quote stuff but this was your last pm I received:

I understand everything, but the essence of the competition is to get results. You know that my result was correct, I admit that the rules did not finish reading. Everyone can make mistakes. I did not follow the goal of deceiving someone. You need to be loyal. I got nitrogen on the last day of the competition and did not have time to understand the nuances. But if you track all the results you could not help seeing my wprime32 result with cpu-z screenshot. Rules must be respected, but in some cases, you can make a demolition. After such a simple desire to do something in the future OSBIS disappears...

My fault was that there was no time to follow up and some incorrect scores (screenshot wise)  stayed in several compos too long...