HWBOT Community Forums

Cheapaz Chips 2019 Bench Selection

yosarianilives

Bench Selection For Cheapaz 2019  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What benches should we use for Cheapaz 2019 on HD 5450?

• Skydiver
    • Unigine Heaven Basic
    • 3dmark11 performance
    • 3dmark06
    • 3dmark05
    • Other (Comment suggestion)
  2. 2. Should we allow rebrands? (5450, 6350, 7350)

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/26/19 at 07:03 PM

Creating new thread for this poll so that people can vote in it:

Okay, looks like we're gonna go with HD 5450. For benches I have a couple ideas for ones that should be gpu bound, mainly newer 3dmark. Although to make sure that the contest is not about cpu OC I think we should do like previous comps and set something like a 5 ghz quad core limit (I'd be open to allowing downcoring but for simplicity probably better to say only native quads). For benches I'm thinking that something like Skydiver, Unigine heaven (should be weak enough to not need xtreme), 3dmark 11 performance, or 3dmark06/05 although definitely comment with suggestions. Ideally we'll target the top 3 unique benches (we won't do both 3dm05 and 3dm06, etc)

Also do we want to allow rebadges? On a hardware level HD 5450, 6350, and 7350 are identical. 

Edited by yosarianilives

I think allowing rebrand will not make this cheaper. As you will need to sort prob 50 versions of the card that all have different mem sizes, versions and memory interface width. 

Good luck reselling rejects too. All you buy is literally a money burn. 

To people that said 1030 was expensive at $80 well they were also available new so u could bin through newegg or Amazon ??

Edited by Splave
  • Like 3

Alright guys, gonna leave the poll up for another day so speak now or forever hold your peace.

So far looks like top 3 benches are 3dm11 perf, unigine heaen, and 3dm06 by a narrow margin. So if you'd rather bench skydiver than 3dm06 make sure to vote now.

The vote for allowing rebrands is relatively close with allowing them in the lead

18 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Can't close a poll when two benches have the exact same number of votes ? Unless there will be four stages? 

Poll was set to close at a specific time, although in light of how it ended I think we should just use the top 4, I don't see that having  a particularly negative effect on the comp.