HWBOT Community Forums

About motivation and support

Hey.

In 2012, I downloaded result to my profile one last time and only after 7 years returned to the hwbot again. A new team has appeared. We have grown up over this time, like our children. We again began to overclocking HW and rejoice at the achievements achieved. And each new member adds points to the team’s piggy bank!

But! Friends. There are two points that reduce our motivation and raise questions.

Since April of this year, we have been waiting for Achievements to appear on the team. Now it flaunts "0". I wrote about this in a personal message to one of the members of the hwbot team. But so far we see "0".

2. viper-rd joined the team three days ago. But team points are still not recounted. At the same time, the team’s profile shows that in TPP it has “0” - (hmm, I’ve already seen this figure somewhere ;) ) - and in its profile is 6.016.1

And if you manually calculate all our TPPs, you get 20.803 (this is 57th place on this day). But hwbot still shows that we have TPP 15.803 and we are in 72nd place.

Friends, please deal with this. This directly affects our motivation. You bench, invest resources and time - but there is no progress)
Maybe I can help you with something? Because I relate to hwbot not just like some kind of resources. And as to something dear already. We have been with you for 12 years!

We even want to order t-shirts for bench sessions )  https://gyazo.com/142241462fc41521cba89bda62e7833b

Edited by SArd
  • Like 1

• Crew
2 hours ago, SArd said:

Friends.
Nothing happens.

I've pushed a recalculation of viper_rd's submissions, but it seems to have no effect.
Sorry, but there's nothing else I can do for you right now.

22 minutes ago, MrGenius said:

Dude...the site is so fucked up now after the latest update it makes me wanna kill people. Too much shit to list...

"If it ain't broke...keep fixing it until it is!"

Please do list everything, but please also keep in mind that this site is being operated by enthusiasts that also have a job and a private life.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Don_Dan said:

Sorry, but there's nothing else I can do for you right now. 

And who can?
I feel some hopelessness from what is happening!

P.S. Thanks for answering. It seemed that you are writing in the void.

I guess that is quite an old issue. At least I remember me and Ananerbe were checking all my results and recalculate those individually when I joined Team Russia (and that was five years ago?). Once you join the team, go and recalculate all the results manually - although it will take certain time that is the safest way. Sometimes you may need to edit results (with no actual changes) to trigger recalculation.

3 minutes ago, TerraRaptor said:

I guess that is quite an old issue. At least I remember me and Ananerbe were checking all my results and recalculate those individually when I joined Team Russia (and that was five years ago?). Once you join the team, go and recalculate all the results manually - although it will take certain time that is the safest way. Sometimes you may need to edit results (with no actual changes) to trigger recalculation. 

Thank you, TerraRaptor.
Good advice. We will try.

• Crew

As mentioned before in the several PMs it has already been reported to the developpers/programmers, Only they are aware how high this particular bug is on their priority list. 

I already did several manual recalcs  of all your Team's subs, however it does not help with the achievements or correct ranking.

We are no programmers, but moderators and also OCers. There's nothing we (me, Don or George) can do about it than to sit it out and wait till it finally gets fixed.  

The programmers are having HWBOT as a side project. Whenever time permits they might tinker with it. We all wished this place would be hassle and bug free, sadly that might not gonna happen in the near future even if you are willing to pay for it, it doesn't change a thing....

Edited by Leeghoofd

• 4 months later...

Hey.

Do you have news for this request?

1. Since April of this year, we have been waiting for Achievements to appear on the team. Now it flaunts "0". I wrote about this in a personal message to one of the members of the hwbot team. But so far we see "0".

• Crew

HWBot is been taking over by Thermal Grizzly, now once the paperwork is completed the site will have a dedicated programmer who can look into things… Till the transaction is completed nothing will move, Expect a transition period of maybe even half a year before things get moving forward... just hold on....

Once things are finalized a press release will pop up....

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 1 year later...
  • Crew

Wrapper is reaching completion, for new points. Though full resources are focussed on one of the main sponsors, to ensure that the site will support their next big thing. I wished too it all would have gone faster, but the programmer is only allowed to work for us in the weekend... i hoped with half a year most stuff would have been sorted, a lot of big issues have already been adressed but 2021 will become a full transition year ....

Also it already has been decided that the point system will be the last thing that will be fixed on the current code, Tim will be building a new Bot from nearly scratch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Wrapper is reaching completion, for new points. Though full resources are focussed on one of the main sponsors, to ensure that the site will support their next big thing. I wished too it all would have gone faster, but the programmer is only allowed to work for us in the weekend... i hoped with half a year most stuff would have been sorted, a lot of big issues have already been adressed but 2021 will become a full transition year ....

Also it already has been decided that the point system will be the last thing that will be fixed on the current code, Tim will be building a new Bot from nearly scratch

Understood. Thanks for the news.