HWBOT Community Forums

yosarianilives - Radeon HD 3850 AGP - 6910 marks 3DMark06

yosarianilives

17 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

a newer bios failed with "this bios isn't for this board" error and did not allow me to force it

There are quite a lot options you may try - find awardflash that accepts /nab key (non-award bios - will flash any binary without questions). Other option is uniflash. Actually, I was using asrock board as backup-hotflash board when playing with bioses for p5w64, I flashed 2MB bios of C5F in REX that originally uses 1MB bios. Just find the right software and check available secret keys (may not be visible through help of the executive but still listed at many websites like rom.by).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mickulty said:

Remind me?  I just remember the athlon FX that was at legitimately high clocks on LN2, with DDR2-400 mem.

Athlon FX? 6400+ :P

I know what you meant tho

As for fx 32m last year he's talking about how I made the mistake of saying I was gonna get an 8 Ghz 32m score then looked really silly when I didn't, not to mention it was single channel although that was a whole Nother issue 

1 hour ago, yosarianilives said:

Athlon FX? 6400+ :P

I know what you meant tho

As for fx 32m last year he's talking about how I made the mistake of saying I was gonna get an 8 Ghz 32m score then looked really silly when I didn't, not to mention it was single channel although that was a whole Nother issue 

See, I was just talking about magical inefficiency with good hardware.  Sessions go badly for everyone.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:28 PM, yosarianilives said:

This isn't a problem of how I set it, the bios wouldn't hold any higher clocks and flashing a newer bios failed with "this bios isn't for this board" error and did not allow me to force it

You can force flash with Asrock's Windows BIOS tool.

Just uncheck the "check motherboard version" or w/e. This works for flashing Core2Dual to 775VSTA as well.

12 hours ago, mickulty said:

Do you mean 4CoreDual?  And if so, why would someone do that?

:P I was paying attention, you know what I mean.

5 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

There was no checkbox in the tool I got from their site

Hmm, I defintiely remember doing it that way with my board.

18 hours ago, mickulty said:

Remind me?  I just remember the athlon FX that was at legitimately high clocks on LN2, with DDR2-400 mem.

AMD CC superpi stage per socket so AM3+ result required. Yos uses his 8+ GHz valid 9590 to run off a 7.2ish GHz 32M run while he has a fever. It's singlechannel, and efficiency and CPU-Z show that but Yos insists it's dual channel because "he saw it in the BIOS" or something along those lines. This is in respose to @Bilko's 9590 8G 32M gold btw. 

Edited by unityofsaints

3 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

AMD CC superpi stage per socket so AM3+ result required. Yos uses his 8+ GHz valid 9590 to run off a 7.2ish GHz 32M run while he has a fever. It's singlechannel, and efficiency and CPU-Z show that but Yos insists it's dual channel because "he saw it in the BIOS" or something along those lines. This is in respose to @Bilko's 9590 8G 32M gold btw. 

No it definitely ran single channel, but for some reason it saw all the ram which was put in the board in a dual channel configuration of slots. This is a semi common behavior for some fx chips under cold, which usually means your board needs to be cleaned better. That session ended up having lots of issues...