HWBOT Community Forums

TerraRaptor - Celeron 420 @ 4000MHz - 12min 10sec 516ms SuperPi - 32M

27 minutes ago, George_o/c said:

Have you removed one memory channel completely?

Nope, just removed secondary slots for each channel = board still runs dual channel. I removed them to avoid water in unused slots - I leave in city with high humidity and it is always an issue (it is still an issue but gives me 1-2 additional hours when running ss on ram). I have also soldered external spd to unsoldred slot 1 to emulate spd for slot 2 - vddspd pin in slot 2 is burnt a bit and was giving me issues.

2 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

Nope, just removed secondary slots for each channel = board still runs dual channel. I removed them to avoid water in unused slots - I leave in city with high humidity and it is always an issue (it is still an issue but gives me 1-2 additional hours when running ss on ram). I have also soldered external spd to unsoldred slot 1 to emulate spd for slot 2 - vddspd pin in slot 2 is burnt a bit and was giving me issues.

Oops yeah I phrased myself poorly, didn't mean that you removed one memory channel, just the secondary slots from each one. Interesting way to bypass the burnt pin in slot 2! 

Loving all the effort you've put in 775. It would be really interesting to see a SuperPi 32M comparison with Hypers at 1000 6-7-6, BBSE at 1000 5-8-5, 1125 7-9-7, PSC at 1100 6-9-6 and D9GTR at >950 7-6-5. 

Edited by George_o/c

5 minutes ago, George_o/c said:

It would be really interesting to see a SuperPi 32M comparison with Hypers at 1000 6-7-6, BBSE at 1000 5-8-5, 1125 7-9-7, PSC at 1100 6-9-6 and D9GTR at >950 7-6-5

Will try to do it this week, have everything (d9gts dual-ranked only) to make such test

• Like 1