HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z690 Tachyon

12 hours ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

Seems is want the best of two worlds..

Its easy to get my Kingston Fury renegades 6400Mts up to 7000 on F6 bios. simply using the 6400 Hynix boost profile and increasing voltages to just above 1.5 Volts. I can do 6800 without touching anything. I could even clock it bclk up to 7300. However for some reason or another the Cache frequency on the F6 bios does not want to go beyond 4700 no matter what i turn off or on.

Meanwhile on X3k and X3i i am lucky if i can boot on 6600 and usually would need much higher voltages. 1.55  or above and wont be stabile.

Does anyone know what is blocking the cache on the F6 bios as seemingly it would otherwise be the best for me ?. im still using my 12900ks

I don`t use Tachyon in my main system, only for OC and testing on Air.

Usually you can boot without any problems with 6800, with good IMC and right mem-settings are also 7k possible.

Try these settings: SA 1,250 / VDDQ 1,25 / VDD2 1,35 / Mem 1,575/1,525 (my settings for 6800 with KS)

• Like 1

am sure but we dont have the same ram. Seemingly i have Richtek PMIC and it behaves different. All i can say is its sad to see a marvel of Hardware being held back by flaky bios solutions. How can a formal Bios F6 be not overclockable for cache neither in bios nor in GTL with a superficial block at 4700Mhz.  i believe i have a great IMC. otherwise i would not be doing 6800 T1  on 1.515/1.545 v. There is no way to do this with the good ram i have on X3i nor X3k bios.  or maybe its time for a X3l bios that actually let us unleash the Tachyon to its real potential ?

Edited by Matsglobetrotter

5 hours ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

am sure but we dont have the same ram. Seemingly i have Richtek PMIC and it behaves different. All i can say is its sad to see a marvel of Hardware being held back by flaky bios solutions. How can a formal Bios F6 be not overclockable for cache neither in bios nor in GTL with a superficial block at 4700Mhz.  i believe i have a great IMC. otherwise i would not be doing 6800 T1  on 1.515/1.545 v. There is no way to do this with the good ram i have on X3i nor X3k bios.  or maybe its time for a X3l bios that actually let us unleash the Tachyon to its real potential ?

If you use sub zero, take x3i or x3k bios, these are for extreme oc but you can use it also for air/water tests. With x3i or x3k you can change RTL`s and set these tighter, this is not possible with F6 bios. And yes, you can`t go over 4700 with cache with F6 bios (not in bios not in GTL), for higher cache you should use X-Bios. All bios versions on Giga homepage are for "normal" user and not for extreme-oc. This is also why I test all different bios versions and upload it here.

Why we don`t have X3L or X3M bios? becaus X3i and X3k are perfect for extreme OC, don`t need to update bios if it works good.

You can check all my scores, I don`t have any problems with x3i and 12900k/ks also with all core settings (12Gen comp). GTL works perfectly and I can change settings in bios or later in OS with GTL.

Regarding Mem, on air it`s hard to boot more than 6800 also with good CPU but as soon your cpu is cold, you shouldn`t have problems with 7k+. Very important, set all your timings manually and not XMP. Take my uploaded profile, you can see all my standard settings for Mem on Air. With cold CPU and cold Mem I can start with 12900ks 7800 with 30-42-42-28 and it`s also stable ;). Haven`t tested A-Hynix so far, will see how it will works as soon I can get one kit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sergmann said:

If you use sub zero, take x3i or x3k bios, these are for extreme oc but you can use it also for air/water tests. With x3i or x3k you can change RTL`s and set these tighter, this is not possible with F6 bios. And yes, you can`t go over 4700 with cache with F6 bios (not in bios not in GTL), for higher cache you should use X-Bios. All bios versions on Giga homepage are for "normal" user and not for extreme-oc. This is also why I test all different bios versions and upload it here.

Why we don`t have X3L or X3M bios? becaus X3i and X3k are perfect for extreme OC, don`t need to update bios if it works good.

You can check all my scores, I don`t have any problems with x3i and 12900k/ks also with all core settings (12Gen comp). GTL works perfectly and I can change settings in bios or later in OS with GTL.

Regarding Mem, on air it`s hard to boot more than 6800 also with good CPU but as soon your cpu is cold, you shouldn`t have problems with 7k+. Very important, set all your timings manually and not XMP. Take my uploaded profile, you can see all my standard settings for Mem on Air. With cold CPU and cold Mem I can start with 12900ks 7800 with 30-42-42-28 and it`s also stable ;). Haven`t tested A-Hynix so far, will see how it will works as soon I can get one kit.

Sergmann, I am not an extreme nor elite user. I can easily boot 7000 Mhz mem on F6 bios day in and day out and even boost it up to 7300 with bclk on normal airtemps and reaosnable voltages barely above 1.5 V. Actually the RTL comes down once other parameters are tweaked in there too in F6. no LN cooling, no cold rams needed but i can barely get 6600 mem in X3i and X3k bios. you can ignore the request despite the fact that on Gigabyte home page its clear F6 was adjusted to cater for more ram and it mentions Kingston in particular.. Stating that X3i and X3k are perfect simply makes no sense in such a scenario. I would believe most users who buy a tachyon are not necessarily LN overclockers. nor are they limiting themselves to gigabyte produced RAMs. That you dont have any problems does not necessarily mean its universal... why compare LN2 cold with air. yes i wont reach your scores on the tachyon as i dont compete with LN2 but i believe i am getting good efficiency despite being held back by.... bios..... to the tune of 400 Mhz on ram... for which there are a solution in one bios already but not in the OC bios..  not sure thats what we call perfect ...

Sorry if you can't get what you get with F6 on the mem with i or k bios, I can get the same scores with both Gigabyte, G.Skill, Corsair and Adata, haven't tried Kingston yet. Send me your F6 profile, then I can compare it and maybe transfer it to i or k bios. I just can't boot my mem settings from X-Bios over 7k with F6 Bios ;).

At the moment the priority is on new platforms coming out in a few months, so it will be difficult to have the F6 bios changed to X with all OC adjustments in the short term, if a new bios comes out, I would upload it as usual.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 9:10 AM, sergmann said:

CPUs with Biscuit from 93 are suitable for Extreme-OC. However, it is also possible that these CPUs (12900k) only achieve 6.6 GHz in Cinebench R20.

Oh that's the reason why my kf is soo good ? 

20220912_224355.jpg

Edited by Zarok77

2 hours ago, sergmann said:

Strong! For on Air/Watercooling of course. For LN2 it must be tested. Sometimes is high Biscuit value not so good with LN2.

My KS is 95 ?

Good for both ?

It can do 6.9 r20 on ln2 all day along at less than 1.6v load. Also single core 7.4ghz np. On apex i had it do 6.970mhz r20, i think is capable of it with a some good mount ?

Ofc not as good as that ks you have but pretty close 

https://hwbot.org/submission/5078292_

Edited by Zarok77

1 hour ago, spl said:

Hello everyone 

Yesterday was my first approach with this gigabyte and all the time till 5400mhz I had the same problem 

Can someone help me please

Thanks 

Qual'è il problema? Downclock ?

Disabilta c-state e cpu eist, metti al massimo i power limits