HWBOT Community Forums

Intel 12th gen non-K OC capable boards / bios versions

On 12/1/2022 at 2:04 PM, Pavlinius said:

I'm with bios 5.01 that states it supports 13th gen intel CPUs and non-K oc is working fine. Benching i3 12100f at 5.4Ghz. There's a really recent 6.02 bios that haven't tried yet.

I have information that this ASRock PG Riptide B660 does not support overclocking on non-K processors of the 13th generation, due to the Intel ban. Is it possible to check the overclocking of the 13th generation on this board?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, phobosq said:

Some necromancy here, I'm getting Asrock B760M PG Riptide as I was happy with the one on B660 and this one is also promised to deliver non-k OC, will keep posted.

Yeah. I wonder if it has the same problem as the b660 pg riptide where if you enable the bclk OC function you loose the Sleep option in Windows. 

1 hour ago, phobosq said:

Some necromancy here, I'm getting Asrock B760M PG Riptide as I was happy with the one on B660 and this one is also promised to deliver non-k OC, will keep posted.

You are just mooving from DDR4 to DDR5 (that's the only main difference).

• 1 month later...

Anyone who has msi b660m mortar max - do you have problems with exiting sleep mode with bclk non-k oc? I know that this problem also is very common with asrock b660m riptide. On my mortar max mobo I dont have this problem without bclk oc. But can be sleep mode fixed without ruining overclock?

• 2 months later...

Just updated my ASRock Z690 PG Velocita to the latest bios as of today (I think it supports 14th gen CPUs as well) - 18.05 and can confirm that bclk OC for non-K CPUs setting is till there and works. 

I recently bought this board because I wanted to switch to DDR5 and wanted the versatility between having the BCLK OC for non-K CPUs and Z690 chipset so that in future I could OC a K CPU as well. Found it pretty cheap on newegg for less than $200. 

I will keep my ASRock B660M PG Riptide for my other PC.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the MSI Z690i can be flashed to the latest modded bios from the latest OEM bios? I'm thinking about picking one up off of eBay, I've always wanted one just not bad enough to spend $400, hell even $300 on one or any motherboard for that matter. Most of them on eBay are flashed to the latest bios for Intel 14th Gen. My CPU is the i5 12500 which is an H0 stepping chip.

10 hours ago, y_zass said:

Does anyone know if the MSI Z690i can be flashed to the latest modded bios from the latest OEM bios? I'm thinking about picking one up off of eBay, I've always wanted one just not bad enough to spend $400, hell even $300 on one or any motherboard for that matter. Most of them on eBay are flashed to the latest bios for Intel 14th Gen. My CPU is the i5 12500 which is an H0 stepping chip.

If MSI utility doesn't let you flash an older file , you can always try the FPT tool ?

MSI Z690i - is v124 modded still the only BIOS that supports bclk OC'ing for non-k chips beyond 102.9? Asking for my i5 12500 (H0) What is stopping MSI from releasing an official BIOS with support besides wanting to kiss Intel's a$$? If ASRock can do it why can't they? (B660m PG Riptide official BIOS supports it beyond 102.9) Bigger Balls? Wait, doesn't the MSI Mortar Max WiFi support it officially?

@Birilio @skullbringer

1 hour ago, mcmanus9442 said:

My z690 Maximus hero has the newer bios that does not have bclk oc. I tried flashing back the older bios, (with older bios flashback enabled) and it won’t accept the older bios. It flashes the led for about 3-4 seconds then goes solid. The ME has been updated also. Am I screwed?

You can just mod the bios to use the older microcode that supports it.Here is one from latest bios

Alternatively, you can use an EVC or other spi flasher to force flash the older bios, that worked for me.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, Birilio said:

I would like to add the two first bios for the z690i unify aren't working, v111 and v122. Retail v124 bios isn't working either, only the modded v124 from skullbringer is bclk oc capable for H0 chips only. 

Are there any newer bios versions that support non-k bclk oc or still only the modified v124? I wonder why MSI didn't enable it, they did on that Mortar board.

• 3 months later...