HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT NEW POINTS ROLLOUT

Leeghoofd

• Crew
Due to new competitions starting mid February we took the decision to implement the new Boint system already this weekend. Pretty short notice but at least this give us time to get everything sorted before we host any official competition.

maintenance-1151312-1280.png

First step is to move the current scores/records to the UAT server ( a less powerfull Test server with limited graphicals ) So you can still bench and verify scores (take note that there are no screenshots! on UAT)

Do not submit any scores to UAT, these will be lost !!

2nd step will be that HWBOT site will go offline for this weekend, to test if we don't get any unexpected hickups. Besides the new point setup, other bugs will be adressed too. The Forum/Discord will remain accessible.

However to keep HWBOT up and running we decided to do the point recalculation in small steps, this to avoid the site being offline too long. Starting off with the latest hardware gens first. This implies that user profiles/team rankings could be sort all over the place till the full recalc is done.

Some usefull links:
  • Thanks 6

• Crew

yes people hammering the recalc button to ge tit updated, that will delay our point calculation process...

We can tell people 1000 times press recalc button ONCE, than refresh the page a few seconds later... what will they do: press recalculate button 10 times till it updates, meaning the Bot will do a recalc 9 times for the same score....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Crew

New recalc will only start this weekend after we adjusted the globals first.

There will not be any algorithm introduced on the existing code, it's too slow, resource hungry and way to buggy. Hence why we opted for this workaround. Maybe we can implement your idea on the next gen in 2023

I did a recalc of the  3 processors you listed... It seems to be quite fair with the new points versus the older complex one...  Is it perfect? Ofcourse not, but its fast and it runs on the production page and therefore no longer stresses the Database server. Plus in most cases its far more rewarding than previous revisions, especially for the ambient guys, which is the biggest chunck of the HWBot community

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Digg_de

Imagine 1st Place will get always ~50 hwpts.... 
Lets say i am going to bench a GPU and there are only 7 Submissions...and i am hunting for Points, had fun enough. Is it worth to bench these Cards? No.
Imagine how many Ppl would bench every GPU they can get, when you can get 50 hwpts even when you are first submitter.
But now the Pointsystem holding back Benchers i guess.

1 hour ago, Digg_de said:

Lets say i am going to bench a GPU and there are only 7 Submissions...and i am hunting for Points, had fun enough. Is it worth to bench these Cards? No.
Imagine how many Ppl would bench every GPU they can get, when you can get 50 hwpts even when you are first submitter.

this is why i look foward to more cheapas challenges. maybe propose some hardware you have in that forum then we get more takers and more points hehe. Then maybe there should be extra points for gold cups as then even with not enough subs it still could give and an interesting yield

Edited by Matsglobetrotter

• Crew
1 hour ago, Digg_de said:

no clue what you are on about... read it 4 times still don't get it... you get accredit way more points than in the prev rev, even for low number of subs...

He probably meant that if you bench less popular hardware, you have no progress in ranking in the league (career or season).

Only in Hardware Masters ranking you can make progress (but who cares for HW King :D)

Edited by E-mil
  • Haha 1