HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2022 Planning Thread

yosarianilives

As team cup 2022 draws to a close it's a good time to start proposing stages. I went through the team cup ones and kept the ones appropriate for cc as a starter but please comment with ideas for stages or risk getting laughed at when you wait until after comp starts to complain about stages. https://docs.google.com/document/d/18iCZWy45BrKM_on_K0JxEzWEizkrR6AX12JhDywwNd0/edit?usp=sharing

• Thanks 2

could use some more multi gpu, maybe fermi sli?

might be fun to have some terascale gpus in there as well

hedt (x58, x79, x99, x299) single core stuff (32m, pyprime) might be interesting especially since you can't disable cores

some more legacy gpu stuff would get my vote as well, maybe clock limited 03

most of the am4 suggestions sound good but I especially like ref frequency, and zen 1 3dm11 physics

Edited by exaberries
forgot multi gpu suggestion
  • Like 1

Am4 max ref clk

true ref. clock, or cpu ref clock?

If true ref., sounds bad, we have no way to distinguish it from cpu ref clock (cpuz shows cpu ref clock on AM4) and we will see a lot of 120mhz results, once everybody figures it out.
If cpu ref clock, boards with external bclk AND ref. clock target switch (for example, crosshair 6 and 7) will dominate the stage, which also doesn't sound great.

35 minutes ago, denvys5 said:

true ref. clock, or cpu ref clock?

If true ref., sounds bad, we have no way to distinguish it from cpu ref clock (cpuz shows cpu ref clock on AM4) and we will see a lot of 120mhz results, once everybody figures it out.
If cpu ref clock, boards with external bclk AND ref. clock target switch (for example, crosshair 6 and 7) will dominate the stage, which also doesn't sound great.

W8 they're not linked? And I think we'd do it by chipset so at least c8 would be out cause x570 sux

25 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

W8 they're not linked?

They are linked. On most boards. But, there are exceptions:

1. Crosshair X370
  2. Crosshair X470

Those boards have a feature to unlink bclk from cpu ref. clock and clock them separately. Cpuz registers one tied to cpu. 

It is easy to check manually in cpuz valid, attention to memory clock.

25 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

And I think we'd do it by chipset so at least c8 would be out cause x570 sux

120mhz should be doable on most boards, with unlocked specific bios options (to disable the chipset :D ), so the only other option become boards with external bclk that do not have 120mhz limit (no idea which would fit here, C8 maybe? giga x470?)

Edited by denvys5

posting this here as well as in the discord

more stage suggestions:

• gts 450 3dm 03
  • fermi firestrike, socket 1150 only, no gpu count restriction
  • superposition on some older gpu gen
  • 3dm 11 extreme terascale gpus
  • x265 4k per core, by socket (1366, 2011-1, 2011-3, 2066), probably no kbl-x for 2066
  • Like 1

I like the kepler stage, maybe 8 core instead of 6 core? opens up a few more options

maybe narrow the crossfire to just 3000-6000 so its just terascale no gcn 

and like I said in the discord channel:

32m per intel hedt socket (1366?, 2011-1, 2011-3, 2066) (no kblx)

zen 1 (am4 only) 3dmark 11 physics (per core?)

• Like 1

• Crew

Last year someone (unity?) proposed a Skylake farewell stage, like SuperPI 32M for Core i generations 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 and I liked that idea.

Or Geekbench (3/4?) Multi Core Intel 4- (or 6-)core CPUs with different sockets.

Or Cinebench R20 AM4 Zen 1, 2, 3 & AM5 Zen 4 8-core CPUs

Also 3DMark Port Royal or even the new Speed Way?

Edited by Don_Dan