HWBOT Community Forums

Team CP sharing 7950GT in April Challenge

OptyTrooper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed. gpu looks really identical. wish it had a software id so we can discriminate which is which.

could a cheat like this have been avoided?

maybe make a rule for this sort of competition that the hardware of team mates must be completely different?

B/c it's the same damn card.

• Crew
Im not sure how the rules apply in this case, as there is a huge difference between this competition and regular rankings: here only the best score counts, so the others who ran it gained NOTHING for their team, or themselves (only two members ran this model and submitted the scores for boints).

Agree - the competition doesn't give you any improvement in boints and the sharing rule was exactly about that. And this situation came up only because a GPU benchmark is ranked by CPU.

It's like we've made a PCMark05 run with different videocards as stages but without dividing by CPU.

So it's up to the crew to think about such a case.

Agree - the competition doesn't give you any improvement in boints and the sharing rule was exactly about that. And this situation came up only because a GPU benchmark is ranked by CPU.

It's like we've made a PCMark05 run with different videocards as stages but without dividing by CPU.

So it's up to the crew to think about such a case.

Again allowing it only encourages further such behavior.

I doubt they'll provide it. I was personally informed by one of their members the card pased from Paco bc/ he couldn't take the top to StoneAge no go still and on to Mr.Scott. A lot of these guys I consider friends but cheating is cheating period.

If and when you quote someone make sure you quote it EXACTLY as it was said...

I NEVER told you I lent StoneAge my card. He's not even competeing.

It's true, the 7950 I'm using in the april comp is Frank's (MrPaco), all the other equipment is my own. As I understand, the team type monthly challanges encourage team members to use the best of what they have as a team to enter. It's not the same as benching for personal points, and I have not benched this card for anything but this monthly contest, and will not. I know what the rules are.

@ AN (Opty) - You just couldn't stand the fact you couldn't get by me could you? So you try to pull a bitch stunt like this? You should be ashamed of yourself. I thought you were bigger than this.

Opty, aka "ANM", to the best of my knowledge no one on our team has used the same piece of hardware on the same benchmark as any other team member. There is more than one nvidia video card in the world and more than one ATI card, too for that matter.

This problem you are having is beneath you. AFAIK, even if what you say were true, it is no violation of the rules for this competition.

This is a "Team Competition", not an individual competition. Only the best score is counted for each team. Please let the imagined non-fraction go. We'll all (and that includes you, my friend) be happier as a result.

Opty, aka "ANM", to the best of my knowledge no one on our team has used the same piece of hardware on the same benchmark as any other team member. There is more than one nvidia video card in the world and more than one ATI card, too for that matter.

This problem you are having is beneath you. AFAIK, even if what you say were true, it is no violation of the rules for this competition.

This is a "Team Competition", not an individual competition. Only the best score is counted for each team. Please let the imagined non-fraction go. We'll all (and that includes you, my friend) be happier as a result.

as long as rules are followed, this issue is solved then.

You're a bit late Barton, Mr. Scott already laid out that he's using Mr.Paco's card.

Isn't this a clear cut case?

Sharing hardware for points is illegal, plain and simple.

If you're both/all submitting 3d benches with the same 3d card in the same bench and getting HW points out of it, that's breaking the rules for HW sharing.

If you're only submitting for the contest and not getting any points it's a gray area. Given the wording of the rules it's illegal, as the rules talk about "submissions" rather then "submissions for points". I personally have no issue with this though, it's a team contest after all!

Honestly though I doubt anybody will do anything regardless, enforcing rules doesn't seem to be HWBot's style lately.

If any points are involved, I have no problem submitting for no points, as it was not my intention for benching this. My intention was for my team to win the April Challange, that's all. I could care less about the points structure here. Being mostly grinders, we get screwed anyways. The last revision cost us 1400 or so team points, this revision change will un-doubtedly cost us again.

It's true, the 7950 I'm using in the april comp is Frank's (MrPaco), all the other equipment is my own. As I understand, the team type monthly challanges encourage team members to use the best of what they have as a team to enter. It's not the same as benching for personal points, and I have not benched this card for anything but this monthly contest, and will not.

@ AN (Opty) - You just couldn't stand the fact you couldn't get by me could you? So you try to pull a bitch stunt like this? You should be ashamed of yourself. I thought you were bigger than this.

Who resorted too name calling Scotty? And who says I already didn't pass you. I'm better than @ socket A on my worst you know it and so do I. Hell the only reason your doing so well is I sold one of my NFII's for a song. The only time I personally referenced you was as a friend so shame on you sir.

This wasn't hating it was clarification now that it's clarified so be it.

I'm not going to make this decision alone, as this case isn't that clear. Strictly speaking, it's not allowed to pass the card around like that (- VGA may not be shared for 3D Benchmarks). However, in this competition sharing doesnt give much of an advantage as only the best score pr team counts, so basically all other submissions are worthless. The only way you can gain something here is to get that one score that matches the VGA to the best CPU and perhaps the bencher who can get the most efficient run - which IMO is not against the spirit of this month's competition at all, it's about team effort and not personal gain.

If any punishment is to be given, I'd say a warning + removal of all except one of the 7950GT AGP submission is enough. It's pretty clear that this was done in good faith. Maybe we need to add a paragraph about this type of sharing later, to avoid more problems like this.

Now, stop fighting and shake hands - both of you have valid arguments, the error here is on our side.:)

I hope this made sense, it's almost 3 AM and I've had a damn headache all day...:P Gnite!