HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge July 2011 thread.

Massman

Originally I was going to allow 3-Way and 4-Way too, but that would require too much money to just play (and people would end up running air cards). 2-Way will be interesting, though. Especially because the benchmarks are quite GPU-limited (with those low-end cards) :D

Forgotten to mention this one:

Originally I was going to allow 3-Way and 4-Way too, but that would require too much money to just play (and people would end up running air cards). 2-Way will be interesting, though. Especially because the benchmarks are quite GPU-limited (with those low-end cards) :D

Pieter, I suppose you killed the "anti - too much money to just play - idea" for GF8/9/200 series by choosing Vantage. It is much more platform-dependent than any other popular benchmark for this graphics (SR-2 definitely rocks here and it costs much more than extra GF8/GF9 -)).

Competition list should be updated. Forgot to 'unhide' the July competition :D.

Finished competitions stay up for 3 days so everyone has the time to check the scores.

p.s. Massman I just tried some links to the older competitions and they currently do not work. Will you turn them back somewhen? Hope there will be a HWBOT challenge list when you fix all the bugs of the current project version.

Hm, they should all work.

Good idea about the HOC list! I'll look into it!

Forgotten to mention this one:

Pieter, I suppose you killed the "anti - too much money to just play - idea" for GF8/9/200 series by choosing Vantage. It is much more platform-dependent than any other popular benchmark for this graphics (SR-2 definitely rocks here and it costs much more than extra GF8/GF9 -)).

Even with the older cards? IIRC, Vantage is so GPU-limited with the older cards that SR2 doesn't really add that much to the final score. Even with Sandy Bridge you should be able to compete with 980X.

We could disallow SR2, I guess. But I don't think it's necessary.

The CPU score isn't weighted hugely, but it's enough to make taking top spots in older slow cards quite easy with a 980x. The 4k+ CPU score drags the total score up quite a bit even with a three digit GPU score.

That was my experience at least.

Even with the older cards? IIRC, Vantage is so GPU-limited with the older cards that SR2 doesn't really add that much to the final score. Even with Sandy Bridge you should be able to compete with 980X.

We could disallow SR2, I guess. But I don't think it's necessary.

At least with GF 200 it should really matter.

Anyway don't think it's an option to prohibit the SR-2 usage. Let the people have fun and go for some records if they want to :P