HWBOT Community Forums

SB-E 3930K/3960X Batch and Serial Numbers

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 other guys told me they never used higher than 1.25 and chips already degraded WTF?

damn my 5600 C1 is dead too no more good chips here....i pass for IVY this time

It's really strange. With regular SB and C1 SBE, I had no degradation whatsoever (even with 5800+ 26K), but with C2 ... no idea. Mind = blown.

How's your chip doing, Viss? Can you still run the same frequencies?

Why would vtt be the cause, it might help but i do think vcore + Vantage cpu tests are the biggest problem.

it's vtt

i benched 1.35 /1.40 on some chips before all with def cpu freq, only testing ram, just one boot at +55XX 6/12 but 1.20vtt and 24XX ram(no vantage no wprime only boot), the day after cpu can't boot over 1.25 vtt(1.26 00 error on R4E debuger) checked cpu freq and fluck -200MHz.

It's really strange. With regular SB and C1 SBE, I had no degradation whatsoever (even with 5800+ 26K), but with C2 ... no idea. Mind = blown.

How's your chip doing, Viss? Can you still run the same frequencies?

same here, i have a SB here 58XX and never degraded, same for my C1 benched a lot of times at 1.40vtt and +1.65 vcore

Hm.

Why are we using upto 1.2VTT anyway on SB-E? I remember for regular SB, I never used that much VTT or VSA because it was highly unrecommended. What's different for SBE?

higher it's only for 26XX memories no need higher than 1.20/1.25 for 24XX

Hm.

Why are we using upto 1.2VTT anyway on SB-E? I remember for regular SB, I never used that much VTT or VSA because it was highly unrecommended. What's different for SBE?

Intel states 1.4v on either VCCSA or VCCIO is max, which is heavily raised from the Sb limits.

Brother I have a same problem,

I tried several i7 3930k C2 and one of them happens to me,

At 5300 h2o boots and passes all tests, but after days SS try to see if Yanomami up more and can run at 5300,: (

Like everything in the bios but I can not go from 5000mhz: (. Never gone from 1.2 vtssa, I think it may be another problem and not the vout or vtt. By h2o 5300 than before and now can not run?

(That chip I have already sold)

Also say that other issues are just not alone with this,

A gradient of 4 chips: (

3960X C1 (?)

SR0GW

Costa Rica (again...)

3133B439

2V118196A085

Air:

51x 1.5V - hangs up in windows

51x 1.55V - hangs up on desktop

~50°C - hot bastard, last one was 5-8°C colder...

SingleStage:

54x max boot, 55x freeze, no reboot possible

5450 with 6 cores not ht max for old 3D benches, 6/12 not testet

not too bad, good for some tripplecard scores and testing the next ;)

preparing single stage...

Edited by SoF

3820 seem to be crappy chips - my first one did 5074...

that degrading issue is hard to investigate - only thing I could remark until now: single stage will still give you 20-30°C+ on the cores according to realtemp during vantage, while the "CPU Socket sensor" shows 5-10°C...

Same issue as like 10 years ago....the cores will heat up much more than the "general cpu temp" sensor. With 6 cores it is much more complicated. You think you have -40°C on your stager but in real the CPU get's much warmer...