HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2012 Thread

Booj

Heading back to MSI this afternoon, I'll try to replicate the issues so you guys have a good working platform for MOA :D.

Btw, the memory should be able to do 2400+

SPEC.png

Are you using 3960? and not having any issues?

When I try to up clocks in control center like you suggested, its tells me I need to restart before the settings will take effect...even with change multi enabled in OS setting...

Tested both with 3960X C2 ES and 3930K C2 retail, couldn't reproduce that specific issue.

Hi fellas,

Anybody hear anything from MSI about the fix for 'locked' 1500Mhz memory clock on the 680 Lightning? Or have anyone found the method/utility to change it?(aside from changing the BIOS it is)

I've been contacting them for this but still no reply T_T

Regards :)

I'll ask this afternoon as well.

bios 1.4 (MOA) when I enable direct oc buttons in bios my board refuse to boot :D

FF or 88?

Issue was found yesterday in HQ too, I think.

2400, xmp and oc buttons on, the issues only happens with one of my bios chip (the one active with the switch to the left).

All 1.4 bios or some 1.3?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading back to MSI this afternoon, I'll try to replicate the issues so you guys have a good working platform for MOA :D.

Btw, the memory should be able to do 2400+

SPEC.png

Tested both with 3960X C2 ES and 3930K C2 retail, couldn't reproduce that specific issue.

I'll ask this afternoon as well.

FF or 88?

Issue was found yesterday in HQ too, I think.

All 1.4 bios or some 1.3?

Only at 1.4X BIOS.

Hi fellas,

Anybody hear anything from MSI about the fix for 'locked' 1500Mhz memory clock on the 680 Lightning? Or have anyone found the method/utility to change it?(aside from changing the BIOS it is)

I've been contacting them for this but still no reply T_T

Regards :)

There was an issue with Afterburner before. It couldn't change the memory frequency. Since stock is 1.5G, that would explain the 'lock'.

You should have gotten an updated VGA bios that solves that problem, right?

There was an issue with Afterburner before. It couldn't change the memory frequency. Since stock is 1.5G, that would explain the 'lock'.

You should have gotten an updated VGA bios that solves that problem, right?

Massman, did you mean there was another version of the 1500 P0-state BIOS?(in which we can change mem freq)

Massman, did you mean there was another version of the 1500 P0-state BIOS?(in which we can change mem freq)

No.

P0-state bios couldn't change memory frequency because P5-state wasn't present. The new BIOSes have P0, P5 and P10 states + 1500MHz GPU frequency. These ones can OC the memory again, but you need to force the P0-state with ThermSpy (which you will also get at MOA).

Drop a PM with your email and I'll fwd the contact info to test that BIOS.

Anyone else having issues with the 1500MHz memory clock 'lock'?

88 code

Yeah, issue confirmed yesterday.

Im running the kingston genesis 4x2gb kit, 9A or 63/67 if I try to boot 2400...maybe its a 1.3bios issue will try 1.4 today again.

Any ideas why Control Center II is telling me to restart before the settings will take place mass? REALLLY appreciate your help with all this man, its been crazy trying to get this board to run and any feedback Ive sent to the motherboard dude there has been no response. (Probably because his inbox is full)

Edited by Splave

9A or 63/67 (b3 or b7 maybe?) should be VCCSA or memory related. I was trying to replicate the voltage issue with 4x 4GB GTX7 (which failed) and had 9A a couple of times too.

Did you enable "adjust CPU ratio in windows"? What about the Power Technology under CPU Features: custom or disabled?

9A or 63/67 (b3 or b7 maybe?) should be VCCSA or memory related. I was trying to replicate the voltage issue with 4x 4GB GTX7 (which failed) and had 9A a couple of times too.

Did you enable "adjust CPU ratio in windows"? What about the Power Technology under CPU Features: custom or disabled?

I enabled adjust in windows but I have power technology disabled, maybe should be custom?

I enabled adjust in windows but I have power technology disabled, maybe should be custom?

I'm using custom, but disabled doesn't seem to affect anything. Please test custom, though. You never know. Also disable 'direct oc button' and 'advanced turbo mode' and all that stuff.

Is it the BCLK you can't adjust in OS? Or also other settings? Trying 1.00x or 1.25x strap?

Still trying to verify your voltage issues. I know they are real as I had them at Campus Party as well, but can't remember how to fix it. Have you tried different memory kits?

Massman do you know if MSI will contact us about the updated 1500 VGA BIOS? Or I should ask them??

Do you know if we will receive more mods besides the thermal shutdown and memory OCP that we received with the first 1500 bios?

I think they're trying to confirm there are no issues with the 1500 bios before sending out, but they should all be out shortly. I'm not aware of any 'more' mods, but then again ... I'm not aware of any mods at this point.

Left the office at 21h and I'm going back in on monday to give the entire MOA platform a test and see what you guys are supposed to be hitting in terms of scores :D

Hi Massman,

Is there any way to request a particular tweaking or utility software to be added on the MOA 2012 software list? For example, I would like to request AIDA64(trial is fine) or Maxxmem, to quickly measure our system memory bandwidth.

Also, do you happen to know whether our 3960X CPU will be Engineering sample stepping C1 or C2? And will it be pre-binned(at least multiplier)?

Thanks man,

Edited by Lucky_n00b

Hi Massman,

Is there any way to request a particular tweaking or utility software to be added on the MOA 2012 software list? For example, I would like to request AIDA64(trial is fine) or Maxxmem, to quickly measure our system memory bandwidth.

Also, do you happen to know whether our 3960X CPU will be Engineering sample stepping C1 or C2? And will it be pre-binned(at least multiplier)?

Thanks man,

If I could choose, I would like to have D3DOverrider and hexus pifast on my system.

Hi Massman,

Sent request - wait for an email later today for confirmation

Also, do you happen to know whether our 3960X CPU will be Engineering sample stepping C1 or C2?

3960X C2 ES

And will it be pre-binned(at least multiplier)?

Thanks man,

The should be pre-tested, yes. Just told them I can do it too if they don't have time for it.

Does anybody know if we will have two cpus to use there? At Operation Vegas last year we were allowed only to use one. That makes a lot of difference...

2 CPUs, yes.

Massman do you know if MSI will contact us about the updated 1500 VGA BIOS? Or I should ask them??

Do you know if we will receive more mods besides the thermal shutdown and memory OCP that we received with the first 1500 bios?

MSI will contact you for the BIOS. You should get an email today.

No extra mods. Do you need more mods? If yes, which?

If I could choose, I would like to have D3DOverrider and hexus pifast on my system.

Rivatuner/D3DOverrider already confirmed yes. Asked for Pifast as well.