HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2012 Thread

Booj

man the mind go's into overdrive just to try and calculate all the permutations and what hardware need to be found in order to prepare and give your self a chance.
Mine too -)

Actually I was thinking about competing for fun but those terms made me & my teammate senseless. Investments into nothing seem to be too high. Rockfellers' contest. Again, good profit for MSI on high-end cards sells. Seems that in 2012 they've found a marketing director who can earn money on different promos, not waste 'em -)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an option I have been thinking about after seeing the format

before the start, two tickets are already out of reach of the hardware Vivi and I have at our disposal and with the 3rd relying on a lot of "maybes" or "what if" scenarios.

I'm not sure if i can justify spending even more money to get up to 4 cards, find a 5.7 X79 chip then add into the mix the tools we "need" are not available.

man the mind go's into overdrive just to try and calculate all the permutations and what hardware need to be found in order to prepare and give your self a chance.

5.7ghz x79 is a biotch

so 3DMark 11 v1.0.3 and SystemInfo v4.9 required

and Tessellation required correct?

Lightning 680 is eligible?

Should be eligible as it launched last month. Then again ... has anyone seen any retail cards? Haven't seen any in the forums yet.

This is an option I have been thinking about after seeing the format

before the start, two tickets are already out of reach of the hardware Vivi and I have at our disposal and with the 3rd relying on a lot of "maybes" or "what if" scenarios.

I'm not sure if i can justify spending even more money to get up to 4 cards, find a 5.7 X79 chip then add into the mix the tools we "need" are not available.

The 'easiest' way to compete would be the single GPU overall ranking. You'd need a 'normal' X79 chip (or a good Ivy) + 680. Still expensive, though.

Mine too -)

Actually I was thinking about competing for fun but those terms made me & my teammate senseless. Investments into nothing seem to be too high. Rockfellers' contest. Again, good profit for MSI on high-end cards sells. Seems that in 2012 they've found a marketing director who can earn money on different promos, not waste 'em -)

Hahaha ... believe me, MSI is not making any direct profit from sales through MOA. :D

Perica is a shoe-in :D

Looks like its time to bust out the hard mods on these 680s lol

@massman yes it always amuses me the people that say the contests earns msi money.....till they fly about 40 people to taiwan, give them all 680's and motherboards and give cash prizes. Not mentioning hotel accomodations, meals, transport and venue rental :x

... has anyone seen any retail cards? Haven't seen any in the forums yet.

I got mine just today :), but the stock is sooooo limited :(

The real problem is there's no Afterburner Extreme for this card yet (I heard Unwinder haven't even got the card to make the software? but i'm not sure).

Anyway, looking at how things were right now, I have little to no chance getting a ticket from any of those categories, but that won't stop me from trying :P :p (might land me a Lucky draw, or even weekly prize ,who knows LOL)

im taking bets, who is everyones money on for LOC tickets,

Me 10 bucks to Perica :D :D

The real problem is there's no Afterburner Extreme for this card yet
agree BIG problem.

it would be rather interesting if every one is caped to what every the max is, say1.2vgpu but then again it would be rather boring as well. The best cpu would take the ticket

I heard Unwinder haven't even got the card to make the software?

umm not..... good, he can use my card if he can get it back to me by the 27th :D

• Crew

i see drweez said he wanted to find a 5.7ghz 3930k.

i already know of a few people with 5.8's :P. Thats not a category i am interested in!

and as for 4 cards... 4 lightnings! say whaaat

but stage one is going to be awesome. a really sweet battle. i wonder what clocks we will see! i hope 2ghz

Perica is a shoe-in :D

Looks like its time to bust out the hard mods on these 680s lol

@massman yes it always amuses me the people that say the contests earns msi money.....till they fly about 40 people to taiwan, give them all 680's and motherboards and give cash prizes. Not mentioning hotel accomodations, meals, transport and venue rental :x

You think that is the real expense? :P

I got one word for you; liquor

• Crew
Bad thing is that the easiest way to get ticket is the most expensive....

lol yeah, whos got money for 4x 680 though,

i reckon as everyone else is already saying, best way is to not even compete and just book a flight,

perica im saving the couch in my hotel room for you, just book a flight ;)

Will try again to win a ticket, hope to have better luck this time.....But it is good to know that at least I have place to sleep over..

Fight On Bro!! I believe You can do it! ;) ;)

i reckon as everyone else is already saying, best way is to not even compete and just book a flight

LOL soooooo true :D :D

• Crew
Yeah the only reason I was even thinking of entering qualifiers was to go over and meet some dudes

mate if all you want to do is meet some dudes, im sure Jono can introduce you to some nice clubs in Perth