HWBOT Community Forums

Ivy Bridge LGA1155 Z77 BIOS, facts, stats and list of mainboards

Massman

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope there will be a good BIOS for GA-Z77X-UD5H soon.....

I think someone in BIOS team was listening to Mr.Trololo while improving the BIOS.... I cannot get into windows at DDR3-2600 after updating, same settings, awesome, I was looping benchmarks before, lol... :-)

EDIT;

F9D F9e, both are alot worse than F8...

Edited by M.Beier

Thanks, will probably take it for a spin later today, if I dont get too pissed at the mobo ;)

perhaps you need to enable CPU PLL OV as it was added in for users to change with F9 betas. They are BETAs, so just use F8 if you have issue, F8d is best.

Edited by sin0822

perhaps you need to enable CPU PLL OV as it was added in for users to change with F9 betas. They are BETAs, so just use F8 if you have issue, F8d is best.

PPL enabled, but..... A few changes when swapping to this board for a test...

5ghz 1.46v as well (for benchmarks), but, instead of 4c/8t, I can only run 2c stable, 1.452v actual during load, which is about same as before...

Performance has been alot lower, especially in 2D tests...

- This in compare to ASRock Extreme6.

F8 was capable of handling DDR3-2630 8-12-8-27 1T 1.955v, while all the F9* I've tried have not been able to pull same at DDR3-2600 flat, and also it appears that less is more with the F9's, above 1.925v things become very unstable, actual voltage has been same for the settings....

Using LLC 'extreme' with all the BIOS, as it actually gave me 7mhz in first place...

Perhaps it is the 'Auto' VTT that is slightly different in the F9-series, no matter what it is, it is for the worse with PSC.

Maximus V Extreme BIOS 0010

http://www.mediafire.com/?4w0qg0s9ocy5skd

Adds:

IGPU force disable under System agent config/ graphics config/ option -> internal graphics

Adds:

Pause and rest your CPU/VGA during benching with OCKEY ->

CTL + F1 = pause

CTL + F1 = unpause

If reboot during a pause phase, shutdown and use OCKey to unpause and turn on again to make sure it boots properly without being paused.

Maximus V Formula BIOS 0001

http://www.mediafire.com/?shdbwhkkn3ddr6j

Adds:

IGPU force disable under System agent config/ graphics config/ option -> internal graphics

Edited by stasio

Warning;

F9d for GA-Z77X-UD5H

DO NOT KEEP VCORE AUTO WITH BOX COOLER !!!!!!!

I did not pay attention, which I should have...

Noticed maximum temp in realtemp hitting 89, opened CPU-z..1.44 -> 1.62v..... Ehm? Great BIOS!

Edited by Christian Ney
double post