HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2012 - SC2:

Radi

default run = default settings of the benchmark = loading it and pressing run.

> Splitting the work into 64 equal amounts instead of 2 does not change anything.

it changes two things! 1) the running time of the benchmark 2) the score!

I get a boost from 485 points do 627 in one run only by changing default into running it with 64 Threads.

its simply unfair against all others who think "default run" means running the benchmark and klick go.

I think moderators should react soon on this! otherwise the stage becomes a bad joke!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember someone reporting me in the last stage because i did not include the "optional" mem tab, and i had to rerun my results.

This is an overclocking competition and not a "who finds the best arguments to bend the rules to his needs competition".

I remember someone reporting me in the last stage because i did not include the "optional" mem tab, and i had to rerun my results.

This is an overclocking competition and not a "who finds the best arguments to bend the rules to his needs competition".

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.;)

http://hwbot.org/submission/2278860_robot_3dmark06_2x_geforce_8800_gtx_27387_marks

No subtest details in SS, no ORB link.

Edited by Mr.Scott

> Splitting the work into 64 equal amounts instead of 2 does not change anything.

it changes two things! 1) the running time of the benchmark 2) the score!

I get a boost from 485 points do 627 in one run only by changing default into running it with 64 Threads.

its simply unfair against all others who think "default run" means running the benchmark and klick go.

I think moderators should react soon on this! otherwise the stage becomes a bad joke!

Then we have to block maybe 50% of all 3DMark scores posted on HWBot, very few run 01 in the normal run order, include cpu tests in 3dmark03 and 05 - for example. Default enough to be verified by FM, but still not 100% default.

I agree that this is not an ideal situation, but the admin of the site already said this tweak is OK. Still 10 days for people to rerun if they need to.

Since when did the mem tab become optional? AFAIk it has been mandatory since 2008 at least.

Where does he say that ?

i know the tweak and i have all my results twice. But don't you think it is totally unfair for all who look in the "normal rules" and take part in the competition. I think it is!

Then at last the admins should do an announcement on the cup page and edit the rules!

Since when did the mem tab become optional? AFAIk it has been mandatory since 2008 at least.

The rules page says its optional in 3DMark but it is no longer.

Sorry i forgot to say that it was about 3DMark and not UCBench.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.;)

http://hwbot.org/submission/2278860_robot_3dmark06_2x_geforce_8800_gtx_27387_marks

No subtest details in SS, no ORB link.

Yea, sorry for that, i am quite new to all this "Hwbot rules".

I am not talking about doing the screenshot 100% right here. It was just an example that on the one hand people are taking correct screenshots serious - that is good - but on the other hand the rules are not clear to people who do not read all the threads in the forum.

I just say someone from the hwbot-staff should take care about this, and just set the rules clear on the Team Cup Page.

Yea, sorry for that, i am quite new to all this "Hwbot rules".

I am not talking about doing the screenshot 100% right here. It was just an example that on the one hand people are taking correct screenshots serious - that is good - but on the other hand the rules are not clear to people who do not read all the threads in the forum.

I just say someone from the hwbot-staff should take care about this, and just set the rules clear on the Team Cup Page.

You missed the point. The point was, instead of b1tching and complaining about the rules, and being so quick on the report button to try to get submissions removed, one should be a little more concerned that one's own submissions conform to the rules.

When in doubt, ASK somebody first.

That last step of the logic is not correct. The default benchmark is whatever calculation has to be completed before getting a score, but obviously in this little world we try to optimize in any way possible to get a better score. We

- set cores manually in Wprime

- change run order in 3DMark01

- adjust affinity settings for Aquamark3

- disable feature tests in 3DMark Vantage

The UCBench 'benchmark' does not change when only selecting SSE3 or manually adjusting thread count, hence both are legit. It does change when you would change the bench-mode to time-based or password-based, hence it's not allowed to change that.

Did any of you guys actually rerun the benchmark? I tried it using my q7700, and I didn't get the boost in the same spot both times... rofl.
Could you please post a photo that's showing the IHS?

I've never heard that Intel produced a Q7700!?

Hearing exactly from you that i am "b1tching" and quick on the report button is the joke of the year!

Keep it up. There are quite a few more of your submissions that don't conform to the rules. If I reported them all you'd have like 2 points left.:battle:

Keep it up. There are quite a few more of your submissions that don't conform to the rules. If I reported them all you'd have like 2 points left.:battle:

If you have nothing better to do feel free to report all my "standard stock clocking runs" with bad scores and make yourself ridiculous.

And please go through all the submissions in the core 2 stage that don't have correct screenshots too. Would save us all a lot of time ;)

I also would suggest you as "screenshot prove guy" for Hwbot, you can look for not 100% correct screenshots all day then!

If you have nothing better to do feel free to report all my "standard stock clocking runs" with bad scores and make yourself ridiculous.

And please go through all the submissions in the core 2 stage that don't have correct screenshots too. Would save us all a lot of time ;)

I also would suggest you as "screenshot prove guy" for Hwbot, you can look for not 100% correct screenshots all day then!

Not interested.:P

Just proving a point is all.

I'm done with this conversation.

Allright, I seem to have screwed up a couple of subs by not having the launcher visible... it's listed as mandatory. However, why is it mandatory? It's just a launcher, and AFAIK all info can also be found in the verification link. Is it fair to say that if you've got a verification link then the launcher isn't really that necessary after all, as the same info can be found there? (IMO the launcher not needed in any case, there's no relevant info there that's not covered by CPUZ).