HWBOT Community Forums

Christian Ney - Celeron M 540 @ 3360MHz - 13049 marks PCMark 2005

aslanwas

As for result.txt its not in the official rules page.

Nice Mr.Moose imitation. You're supposed to know better. ;)

http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=204965&postcount=1

Since October 24, 2012 - New

Until the wrapper are ready

1. Futuremark link -ORB-required for all top 20 submissions either global or hardware.

2. For all non-top 20 submissions either Futuremark link or Pcm05 Results.txt required via screen shot.

3. Include real pictures of your rig, specifically storage and cooling.

This is Mandatory for all submissions in PcMark'05

If you use ORB link, screenshot basic is equally mandatory

Edited by Mr.Scott

Because you dont know how to do high TW without FD2 and still have windows displayed.

As for result.txt its not in the official rules page.

Welcome to our world.

The official rules pages have little meaning, you have to read every single post of every single thread on the forum to actually know the real rules.

EDIT:

There's a list of the TW caps for single / dual / triple / quad core chips around here somewhere. Last I heard anything over the cap was considered cheating.

Edited by Bobnova

• 2 weeks later...

How is this result still here when it clearly violates the rules in the official thread?

Others have been held to the rules in that thread and other threads. Hell half the HWBot rules are or were only in threads, despite being enforced rapidly.

Its right here, in the first post of the clarifications, it even has a "since this date, this is required" line: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59009

It's in the main rules page now, too.

I'll even quote it for y'all:

Since October 24, 2012 - New (thanks SteveRo)

Until the wrapper are ready

1. Futuremark link -ORB-required for all top 20 submissions either global or hardware.

2. For all non-top 20 submissions either Futuremark link or Pcm05 Results.txt required via screen shot.

3. Include real pictures of your rig, specifically storage and cooling.

This is Mandatory for all submissions in PcMark'05

If you use ORB link, screenshot basic is equally mandatory

• 2 weeks later...

With the chatter in the clarification thread as well as above surely it’s time to delete this submission. It must be seen as a continuing embarrassment to all concerned? Massman himself has stated categorically:

Result.txt is an essential part of the verification screenshot and the ORB validation link is not an alternative. I think the official rules also say this (if not, let me know how I can make it more clear).

I would be pretty confident in stating that irrespective of mods starting this rule back in October, I am sure that even though the official rules page is dated Jan 1 the page was previewed publicly before Christmas - Ignorance of rulings is rarely an excuse. I have to assume its one rule for all and this sub alone makes a mockery of that statement.

It's not hard to read a rules thread that says results.tt is required as of october.

Nor is it hard to notice that everybody is being held to that rules thread as law.

It's even easier to notice when one (1) person is NOT held to that rules thread as law.

It's quoted in post #11.

Or are you saying a few other people got a free pass too?

EDIT:

Alternatively, feel free to educate me/us on why your submission was not held to RULES posted in a thread in october, while other submissions were being deleted for violating that same exact thread.

Edited by Bobnova

That's the point: I am not the one guy that got a free pass.

During the last 3 weeks there were like 100+ PCMark05 submissions reported due to report.txt missing. As it has been added to the rules page only on 01/01/13 all submissions done prior this date have been approved.

Therefore I am not the one guy whith what you call a "free pass". I (and they) am not off rules.

HWBOT Official Rules Page /= Forum Thread. First of all I didn't follow this thread at all and as Massman publically posted on the front page that rules (including PCMark05) have been updated I just read them and submitted according to them.

Rules in threads => complain official rules not updated

Update official rules => complain the real rules are in threads

The official rules can be found here, everything else is discussion stuff. The Result.txt was suggested by some people around 24/10/2012, obviously you can't make it a rule instantly without annoucement.