HWBOT Community Forums

The official ASRock FM2 OC Competition thread.

Lucky_n00b

i know some guys can modify MSR to get AMD internal clockgen bug . And cpuz will identify wrong value.

Asrock FM2 extreme6 doesn't have external clockgen. So the maximum bclk is 136 , cpu ratio is 63.

If anyone posts the cpuz record over this range . It will be considered as bug result , i will ask HWBOT to remove it .

Edited by NickShih
  • Like 1

So HTT values I had today (in MHz): 275, 180, 41, 33, 75, 166, 685

All validated by cpuz and valid.canardpc

Also this latest bios seems so bunnyed up, whatever multiplier I set I have another value displayed in CPUZ.

I set 55, I have 34

I set 34, I have 21

Sometimes i even had 5x, 6x and 11x

Wasnt even logic, full random values for HTT and Multi.

Wasted 16 hours and LN2. Turned out it wasnt me but the BIOS 1.02X. Too late to test older ones maybe Roger will tomorrow. I am out, I give up, Screw you guys I am going home!

Edited by Christian Ney

So HTT values I had today (in MHz): 275, 180, 41, 33, 75, 166, 685

All validated by cpuz and valid.canardpc

Also this latest bios seems so bunnyed up, whatever multiplier I set I have another value displayed in CPUZ.

I set 55, I have 34

I set 34, I have 21

Sometimes i even had 5x, 6x and 11x

Wasnt even logic, full random values for HTT and Multi.

Wasted 16 hours and LN2. Turned out it wasnt me but the BIOS 1.02X. Too late to test older ones maybe Roger will tomorrow. I am out, I give up, Screw you guys I am going home!

if u use all software together ... u will make this happen

bcz each software use different way to set the ratio and bclk

Just checked the CPU MSR Register, If value is out of range , it will became the lowest = 90MHz. the MSR value is correct if during 90-135 HTT. DID and FID Value seem incorrect if internal clock out of range, only 91-135 is correct if MB haven't External PLL Clock Gen.

I heard what sort of end results there will be in this contest, so I put my scores up already :D

Too bad that I did not get any candy money, but it was fun to bench IGP anyway.

Good luck to the ones who are still keeping backups and congratulations for the winners!

Well, gess this is the dead end now :) It was great to participate on this run! Thank you ASRock for this contest :) At least I've got a CPU-Z week win :) 5 CPU's have died, so I wasn't able to improve my scores, nor even understood how to work with PSCheck :(

Thank you ASRock, again and thank you NickShih for all the supert!

Cheers!

Board dead now, fortunately the cpu is still alive....Still can't figure out why my vantage gpu score is so low though..

Was actually wishing to spend some more time to play with the board , but I had my share of APU fun so it's OK :D :D

Congrats for the winners, really tight competition and a lot of crazy score ! Respect :ws:

Also thanks to Nick Shih for the BIOS , really helpful ;)

See ya around guys :)