Massman

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Crew

Hi Gen

I like the wrapper, the info in it is great and the integration is great, it is moving in the right direction, however the scoring is very inconsistent

We played around last week with it, and from run to run we can see 20K variance, just re-running it can be 10K higher or lower.

I think any further development on the wrapper should be to lighten it and improve the score consistency.

Hi Gen

I like the wrapper, the info in it is great and the integration is great, it is moving in the right direction, however the scoring is very inconsistent

We played around last week with it, and from run to run we can see 20K variance, just re-running it can be 10K higher or lower.

I think any further development on the wrapper should be to lighten it and improve the score consistency.

Ty Dino. Unfortunately as I have explained before, this behavior (especially on nvidia) has no link to the wrapper. This was the case with the original wrapper, the original v2, and the new rewritten version. As you might have noticed, the wrapper uses as much resources as having a mspaint window opened during the benchmark. There is no watchdog (a la XTU) that might interfere with the benchmark, its sole purpose is to make sure you start the benchmark with the default settings & files and that you don't alter the screenshot.

If you have any suggestions as to what might trigger this behavior I'm more than happy to listen and fix/implement the changes.

What am I supposed to see there? That he ranked twice with same card? Don't blame the software for a website bug. That he has two cards detected in wrapper, out of which one is not properly installed?

It's about the second question you notice.

Is that wrapper BUG or just wrong detection of hardware?

The video card detection is provided by GPU-Z. It's not a bug, it simply detects a second card (most likely the integrated one?) which has no driver installed, so it doesn't affect his score.

For now I've blocked his score (again) for missing the gpu-z window (again).

@GENiEBEN

I have 2 more question:

Does integrated card (if has properly installed driver) affect on aquamark score?

Second one is about how AQ calculate final score. GFX + CPU score.

Look at these two SS:

http://img.hwbot.org/u25693/image_id_1143825.png

http://img.hwbot.org/u15712/image_id_1063741.png

1. GFX=83479 - CPU=38764 - final score= 406162

2. GFX=84349 - CPU=39052 - final score= 405530

Lower GFX score and lower CPU score gives higher final AQ score.

How it is possible?

Dependencies where installed with installer (unless there was some error). Check your installed programs list for VC2008 v9.X and VC2010.

Will check it, thanks.

Can you also try on a fresh system? What config is it btw?

It works random-like. I'm using Norton GHOST images for benching. One time wrapper works well, other time - not. Searching dependencies... Does system date matter?

Config is:

Windows XP (Russian)

Asrock Z87 OC Formula

Core i7 4770K under SS (different clocks, including 800 MHz)

G.Skill Flare 2x2 GB

SSD Kingston SSD NOW 120 GB

And a lot of different VGAs :-)

System date shouldn't matter for wrapper, but website or openssl might care, so I advise keeping up-to-date. Is it possible for you to test using an English variant of XP?

The problem seems to be on the website part tho, it basically complains that one of the fields it tries to read is not in the form it expects it to be. Will have to check with RB on this, hold on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
@GENiEBEN

Second one is about how AQ calculate final score. GFX + CPU score.

Look at these two SS:

http://img.hwbot.org/u25693/image_id_1143825.png

http://img.hwbot.org/u15712/image_id_1063741.png

2. GFX=84349 - CPU=39052 - final score= 405530

Lower GFX score and lower CPU score gives higher final AQ score.

How it is possible?

2. Interesting, I will have to look over the code and see if there's something wrong, although I remember being a bug fix in between 2.51 and 2.55 regarding scores.

Here we go again.

Last night I played with Aquamark, and i got some interesting results.

aq4061621.jpg aq4061622.jpg aq4061623.jpg

Yes, I got 3 times the same results.

GENiEBEN, how you explain this?

2. GFX=84289 - CPU=39170 - final score= 406162

3. GFX=84244 - CPU=39176 - final score= 406162

If you need, I have .hwbot files for upload.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...