HWBOT Community Forums

Aquamark3 Wrapper V2 BUG Thread

Massman

HW bot Aquamark wrapper crash each time on Core 2 Extreme X6800 CPU. I'm reasonably sure, that it is because of the CPU for these reasons:

- same mainboard, OS, ram & GFX card (everything) + Pentium 4 650 = it worked

- it does not matter what clock the CPU is running or what GFX card are used (FX 5600XT, R 9600 XT)

- on the very same machine the original Aquamark 3 is working well:

Aquamark_alone_works.jpg Aquamark_alone_works2.jpg

I also tried not installing it (eg. reinstalling it, after windows reinstall) - it only lose the nice black skin, yet it still crash each time with this message:

hwbot_aquamark_fail.jpg

No idea, what to do... but pls hit me with sobe debug version or something... because I feel like that I can break some records. Already own few there:

http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/radeon_9600_xt/

...and hoping for more :P

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this is before its run.

I have traced this back to d3doverrider, I believe it was corrupting AM3, despite working through other futuremark benchmarks on the same OS. I have downloaded another copy and managed to get it working I think.

Unrelated Pieter, Is there already a place where we can upload applications for use by everyone? I had a hell of a time finding a place where I could still download d3doverrider. The application is hardly a secret, could it be hosted on hwbot for example, along with other "tweaker" applications, for instance OCX Tweaker (for copy-waza) and nvidiainspector?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the same problem as reported here before with some old AGP cards, Aquamark3 runs fine when starting it from its own launcher or when runing it from "Manual" run mode in the wraper, but when trying to run in auto mode to get a score to submit it tries to start before closing down and giving the "None-Default setting" message.

The wraper worked fine with FX5200 and newer cards but doesnt work with the Geforce4 MX440 I run now, anyone got any hint on how to get any results that can be uploaded out of this older cards?

Or would it maybe be easier to remove the requirment of using the wraper for those old ones?

• 3 weeks later...

Why I get message: "invalid data file: unable to parse the datafile"?

http://forum.hwbot.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=3152&stc=1&d=1438300580

cpu: AthlonXP - barton core (downclocked to 500Mhz)

gpu: FX 5200 (downclocked to 125/100)

Am3 ver: 2.55.110 installed normally, run normally, saved score & data file normally.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

varachio

I'm aware of the problem for those cards, you can run without the wrapper 'the old fashioned way' and just send me the screenshots to build you a scorefile.

I take that offer too. Sending PM, reached 179 ATM after 12h+ long run. Very disapointed, wanted lower. Taking steps to change that... :)

Noproblemo! My best score with nVidia Vanta LT is, after going for 2 days, in 1170th frame out of 5200. I think I can wait... LOL

Glad you respond, that counts! :)

(I starting to think that time-lapse camera could be quite good thing there (but my old Nikon 4300 did not qualify, sadly), the total run lenght might get to 5 days or so)

If you really need the Vanta LT to fix the wrapper, then I could borrow it to you for that :)

...no update overnight, 2247 frames stuck :( Damn. Too low ram clocks, probably. Or the lacking cap that was torn-off from the card? Dunno. So pls make at least the two scores already done, w/o the caches it is probably too slow to pass these hot days even with fan on it...

...no update overnight, 2247 frames stuck :( Damn. Too low ram clocks, probably. Or the lacking cap that was torn-off from the card? Dunno. So pls make at least the two scores already done, w/o the caches it is probably too slow to pass these hot days even with fan on it...

Thats a shame on what could have been an amazingly bad run, it seems to be a rough frame for some reason tho.

I had 2 crashes on frame 2247 and 5 crashes on frame 643 when testing tweaks and underclocking. Happy I didnt combine them for super slow times when testing.

74 marks... wow. Congratulations! Sadly I cannot underclock mine nVidia Vanta LT to lower that 25MHz. It still IMHO have the potencial of extra low score, but I have to give up on 30MHz on the RAMs, as the RAMDAC need more, seems. That is why it stoped working...

Thats a shame on what could have been an amazingly bad run, it seems to be a rough frame for some reason tho. I had 2 crashes on frame 2247

Yep, yep. I think I know the reason, so... next time. I try stability of the mainboard first, Super Pi 32M test. Started today, 17:15. With these preliminary calculations about speed:

quite_slow_Super_Pi_32_M.jpg

So, roughly 24 iterations, 5h each = 120h = 5 days. If it make this, then I'm sure the aquamark was ram problem - or perhaps RAMDAC is not that stable w/o the capacitor? Could be. Normal Riva Vanta LT have 2 caps:

http://kraftsound.com/oscommerce_st/catalog/images/nVidiaVantaLT8MB.jpg

http://www.vgamuseum.info/images/vlask/nvidia/vantaltfb.jpg

http://kraftsound.com/oscommerce_st/catalog/images/MS-8830-LP.jpg

(the last one closely resemble my cards)

...but mine have both torn off. I sourced one good cap for the small cap on the left to replace, but still waiting on the bigger one... Could be the reason why it failed. 25/30MHz is IMHO into safely high margins to not fail. No idea (unless ATI Tool helps, but IIRC it fail to work with Vanta LT) how to get lower anyway. Managed to run FX 5200 at 8/70MHz, tough score was shockingly high 309 :(

Bump for the completed scores :D