HWBOT Community Forums

Futuremark Benchmarks

I thought every result MUST have a screenshot?

"2.1. General verification rules

Underneath you will find the links to all the different benchmarks, which contain the specific rules for each benchmark. Read them through and you’ll find them to be very easy to remember. In fact, most of you will only have to pay attention to one or two rules, because the other rules are so obvious. In general:

For Futuremark benchmarks (3DMark/PCMark): top 20 global (HOF) requires a valid FM ORB verification link

For CPU-Z: only valid verification links

All benchmarks require a validation screenshot, unless specified otherwise"

Yes the screenshot is required for PCM05 but for the 3DMarks it should be fine if the link is available.

edit: Just an example: http://hwbot.org/submission/994172_kingpin_3dmark_vantage___performance_2x_geforce_gtx_480_50992_marks

Vince always just posted the verification link in the past and it was always fine. He is the only one I remember doing that :D Result is 3 years old tho.

I could be wrong tho. Not 100% sure at the moment to be honest.

edit2: In the past it was written like that:

have a valid screenshot (see example below): clearly show 3Dmark score, 3Dmark subtest scores, 3Dmark settings, processor in CPU-Z, videocard in GPU-Z, unless if you provide a futuremark orb link

I agree on the "All benchmarks require a validation screenshot" part but does it still apply if the link is available?

Edited by der8auer

The moderation guidelines say that we can approve scores even if the verification is not 100% correct as long as it's not suspicious or a highly ranked wr run.

the question is whether we accept results which have a link but no screenshot. I'm fine with both ways but we have to judge the same way.

Interested in this as well (likely for the same reason as xsuperbgx).

One issue that has popped up though is it looks like futuremark has changed (or deleted/removed?) the old submission links so some submissions with only links from 3dMark05 in 2008 (for example) no longer work.

Just to clarify, since November 1st (link) "it is mandatory to accompany every score submission with a verification screenshot. This screenshot must suffice to the specific verification requirements of each benchmark. One exception: for CPU-Z validations, a screenshot is not necessary"

Just to clarify, since November 1st (link) "it is mandatory to accompany every score submission with a verification screenshot. This screenshot must suffice to the specific verification requirements of each benchmark. One exception: for CPU-Z validations, a screenshot is not necessary"

Thanks for the clarification Massman!

Yep, same thing appløies to HWBot prime, Multicore Linpack and Multicore Pi. You can use whatever tab you like in CPUZ, and place it everywhere, including over the score field. For HWBot Prime the "save" box covers the score. It's still included in the file, so not sure how important it really is...