HWBOT Community Forums

Some 2D Performances tests of Z87 Motherboard (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Biostar, Asrock)

Pt1t

... just posted some 2D benchmark on ASUS, MSI, Biostar,Gigabyte and Asrock motherboards ^_^

Setup used was :

Corsair AX1200i

Corsair Neutron GTX 120Go

G.Skill TridentX 2933 CL12 (reviewed on PCWorld France Here : http://www.pcworld.fr/memoire-ram/tests,tridentx-2933-maximus-vi-extreme,538875,1.htm)

Noctua C12P

Intel Core i7 4770K retail

Windows 8 64bit

M6E bios 0021

MPOWER MAX bios 1.3B1

XPOWER bios 1.1B5

Z87X OC biosF5q

Biostar Hi-Fi Z87X3D bios 06-11-2013

Asrock OC Formula bios Z87OCF1.43A

Benchmark are : Wprime 32M & 1024M, Super Pi 1M & 32M, Pifast, Intel XTU , Cinebench, Aida & the old CPUmark99 :-)

Intel Core i7 4770K was overclocked to 4.5Ghz (fixed) , CPU ring to 4Ghz and memory to 2933Mhz using CL12 XMP profile (memory timing not set manually).

Z87_motherboards_boxes.jpg

Here you can also find some pictures of Z87 Motherboard.

Gigabyte Z87X-OC

MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX

Asus Maximus VI Extreme

Asrock Z87 OC Formula

Biostar HI-Fi Z87X3D

MSI Z87 XPOWER

:-)

Edited by Pt1t

Gigabyte Z87X-OC

Z87X-OC.jpg

Z87X-OC_GTL.PNG

Z87X OC bios F5q

jw66.th.jpg

a0d.th.png

j5z.th.png

hg97.th.png

7s8q.th.png

x5kj.th.png

u6oc.th.png

9fv6.th.png

afdl.th.png

zz6k.th.png

F5Q Bios seems to have some bandwidth issue with 29.33 divider ... i will rebench all this week-end with newest bios Z87XOC.F5s with 29.33 issue fixed
Edited by Pt1t

Guest Bullant

Hi,I notice some of you thirds and subs timings are tighter on some boards that reflect the better times on 32M Pi,is this due to the board just settings those timings automatically or is this due to you manually setting these thirds and subs and not all boards can pass with same thirds and subs?.I see you wrote timings are Auto,Thanks for results and really nice job,appreciate you time

Bull

Edited by Bullant

All are in auto, so it depends of the board and bios :)

Intel Core i7 4770K was overclocked to 4.5Ghz (fixed) , CPU ring to 4Ghz and memory to 2933Mhz using CL12 XMP profile (memory timing not set manually).

• Crew

Gigabyte has very loose tertiaries at 2933 and above, especially tRDRD and tRWRW are too loose to be efficient. Need to be dialed in manually for better performance. ASRock corrected this for higher efficiency since bios 1.43a. My Xpower doesn't even boot at 2800 with none of my sticks... lots of work required there for the bios team

Edited by Leeghoofd