HWBOT Community Forums

Teams in Rev6

Massman

Hey all,

So here's the second part of the R6 plans. Again I've added everything in a PDF and it's a fairly long read. Any feedback is always welcome! PS: just to make sure you all get it - this will not replace the existing Teams League. Just additional.

PDF: http://news.hwbot.org/revision6/rev6doc_teamcoefficientExplained2.pdf

For who go tldr, here's a video we used internally to explain this system.

With two active team rankings, how will you now define "World's #1 overclocking team"?

Are you asking how we are going to market "best oc team" ? :P

PJ, the person behind the camera is sometimes difficult to hear.

Yeah, we're recording with that device I have in my hand. This video was mainly for internal usage, but we noticed that it's good to explain the whole thing better.

Sorry :(

Basically it's gonna be the same thing again.It will not be about the "poor" people who can afford a i3 and a low end graphic card ,because even in that division somebody ,who has ln2 cooling on both ,it il win it.

Woudn't be better if you make a better differentiation between enthusiast league and the others ?

For example what is on air/water not to be compared with the results off extreme ox/pro-oc league .There are many submissions(3d) where the user use special cooling on cpu,but air or water on videocard and you see the result on the Air/water category,of course you cannot compare with that....

You have 38183 enthusiasts,in my opinion this is the segment on which you have to work on,in order to attract many more.

Are you asking how we are going to market "best oc team" ? :P
Shouldn't there be an "obvious" (i.e. noob-understrandable since all you care is new blood) point (i.e. "why should I bother submitting") behind any ranking or you like having more rankings just for the sake of having more rankings?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t watched the video so I might have missed something; the txt version is a little vague as to what constitutes a division. My general concern is how being locked in a particular division might affect how I spend my hobby’s monies and would like to get an idea what impact if any this might be to my future hardware purchases for league and present team activities.

A division is constituted by hardware restrictions. In the example, Division I is only for Core i7 CPUs and GTX 770.

As for your hobby purchases for team activity, there are two ways: 1) HWBOT Teams League, and 2) HWBOT "eSports" Team Coefficient.

For 1) the activity is the same is it is now. For 2) you can pick the division you want to be active in and support your team by doing well in the five stages each round. For example, you can go for a Core i3 class and try your best for the team in that class.