HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE OC Series is back - GA-Z97X-SOC Force LN2

Computex is starting tomorrow, but that does not mean that the goodies didn’t start to show up yet. As the dragon boat festival takes place today in Taiwan, and GIGABYTE’s press conference is ready to take off at the Brown Sugar club, we took a sneak peak at GIGABYTE’s lates motherboard. And guess what – it is built for overclockers, and not just any overclockers but extreme overclockers. Yaaay!

BTW, maybe you have noticed that now we have lab501 in English too :D

Computex 2014 - GIGABYTE launches GA-Z97X-SOC Force LN2

SocForceLN2-02.jpg

How am I supposed to mount an LN2 cpu pot?

Am I the only one who does not get it or is that board suitable for LN2 mem frequency records only where you can just put the cpu pot on top without mounting?

If that's the point, why so many PCI-E slots? Who cares about gpus when you're going to break the memory records only?

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Actually I wonder since a long time why benchtables with on top mounting are not so popular outside Japan as they can pay off if you have to deal with new sockets (with different mounting hole distances) as well. Example picture (uploaded by Gyrock):

image_id_903237.jpeg

Edited by Hyperhorn
Yeeez, so many typos

The dimastech designt isn't as good as the japanese design or the one that gyrock uses. The supports on the dimastech cover almost the entire rear I/O.

yeah.. it traverses the mobo in the opposite direction.. making it cumbersome to use. I have one for my Dimas.. never used it.