HWBOT Community Forums

Devils Canyon and Pentium K Batch numbers!

Vivi

tomorrow i receive my second and last 4790k.i'm done with this haswell bunnyextraction

another bunnyextraction 4790k L420B765 stock vid 1.08v and turbo was only 4.2 ghz@1.13v, i enhanced turbo and goes 4.4ghz@1.2v

can do only this on water with Phobya G-Changer 360 V2 Radiator.

wprime 2.10 /c states disabled/ only vcore and /vccin 2.0v

4.5Ghz@1.19v 1024m temps max 61/61/63/58

4.6Ghz@1.19v 1024m temps max 62/61/64/59

4.7Ghz@1.23v 1024m temps max 67/67/69/64

4.8Ghz@1.28v 1024m temps max 70/72/75/66

4.9ghz@1.42v crashes around 30% with temps on 92 on highest core

Hello,

I saw your post and it seems I got the same batch number as yours. I haven't opened the box yet (brand new), still waiting to get CM N600 in the end of the week. Haven't purchased a CPU cooler yet (I'm going to buy Noctua NH-D15, the best one from this company; review #1 / review #2 / D15 club). Curious if I need to return the CPU to the store (it will take 30 days to receive the money, few hours ago have been delivered to me) and purchashing the same CPU from other store or to unpack it and use this one (with N600 and D15)?

tried one shop from germany and got 1 epic fail 4.7@1.2 and a 4.8@1.35v,waiting for the 3rd and last one,then i'm done.

It's not clear what was the first batch number, store name/country, temps/clocks and the 2nd batch number. The quoted posted above not clear if the results were for the 1st or for the 2nd.

Regards.

Hello,

I saw your post and it seems I got the same batch number as yours. I haven't opened the box yet (brand new), still waiting to get CM N600 in the end of the week. Haven't purchased a CPU cooler yet (I'm going to buy Noctua NH-D15, the best one from this company; review #1 / review #2 / D15 club). Curious if I need to return the CPU to the store (it will take 30 days to receive the money, few hours ago have been delivered to me) and purchashing the same CPU from other store or to unpack it and use this one (with N600 and D15)?

It's not clear what was the first batch number, store name/country, temps/clocks and the 2nd batch number. The quoted posted above not clear if the results were for the 1st or for the 2nd.

Regards.

what can i tell you(my opinion if ur looking for 5ghz,but most 4790k do 4.8 without problems if interested) is to send back ur cpu,cuz L420B7xx are bad (most of them) i mean bad not reaching 5ghz,but you can be lucky and maybe is a 5 ghz but is a very small % that can be good.

yes,the results above are from my 2nd chip which is L420B765.1st chip was L331C518 and did 4.7@1.2v only, no more scaling.L means malaysia,3 means year which is 2013, 31 means week 31 from 2013.

all bought from the shop that a user posted above.

HV got high price for shipping internationally and less methods. Better choice is meinpaket.de - PP, cards, bank transfer + free shipping (to DE addresses). If you use a 'mail forwarding service' in DE (with DE address that forwards the packets to your country, IT) - then it's the best way and the cheapest. Direct order with direct international shipping from ANY DE/UK site cost sooooooo much money for the shipping.

Alright, will think about. The local store have a policy '15 days return in original box, unpacked, no question asked'.

Don't forget about this comparison site. Hope it helps and saves ALOT.

HV got high price for shipping internationally and less methods. Better choice is meinpaket.de - PP, cards, bank transfer + free shipping (to DE addresses). If you use a 'mail forwarding service' in DE (with DE address that forwards the packets to your country, IT) - then it's the best way and the cheapest. Direct order with direct international shipping from ANY DE/UK site cost sooooooo much money for the shipping.

Alright, will think about. The local store have a policy '15 days return in original box, unpacked, no question asked'.

Don't forget about this comparison site. Hope it helps and saves ALOT.

already know that site for comparison.12 euro still cheaper than 15 euro here in italy and they need 3/4 days before shipping.on german site bought my mobo at 4 pm and at 9pm my mobo already flying to italy,this thing is priceless.

Edited by superV

Batches matters.

Which is why batch number matters. Certain batches will be smaller based on demand, and because of that, overall quality will be better. That's why launch chips are usually so good.. the numbers are low, because few people buy chips right on launch day. AS time goes on, chips tend to sell in higher numbers, and overall quality is less, since they have greater demand.

… So generally people that are people *no matter from where* are buying "LQ" batches because of the greater demand.

4790k batch L419B531

Super Pi 32M

5ghz 2c 1.25v

5150 Mhz 2c 1.4v

5300 Mhz 2c 1.53v (30ºidle - 60º peak full)

4600/4700 Mhz uncore 1.3v

vid 1.1v

vccin 1.6v

very strong IMC, 1378 Mhz 8-12-9 1T with GSkill Pi PSC 1.88v

all on air

Edited by Predator
  • Like 1

Jap...max on mine is 4900...1.33v

5000 even with 1.45v no chance...booting is fine with 5/5 at 1.24/1.375...but no 32m

i have too msi z97 xpower.where did u get bios 1.4b2?on the site there is only 1.3

those are beta bios.i'll wait till official

Edited by superV