HWBOT Community Forums

Devils Canyon and Pentium K Batch numbers!

Vivi

G3258

batch: 3420B753

bunnyextraction chip, needs 1.45V to run cinebench r11.5 @ 4.7ghz on air (prolimatech armageddon).

Still need to test under cold, will update with results asap.

:(

Edited by NoMS

• Crew

i will update OP soon guys!! just had a very busy week lol. and the results are so demotivating still nothing better than L418C221 / 223

also some vids are wrong, on MSI my vid is 1.078 in bios but on gigabyte it is 1.44 which is correct lol cause it was epic terrible cpu.

we should look at 4.4ghz vid. so boot windows and load the cpu and check what cpu-z says when its at 4.4ghz

3x L418C276 G3285

http://i.imgur.com/JrKsQt1.png

1.134 VID, if I'm not wrong

4.5GHz 1.27V 32M

5GHz 1.5V no boot, 1.55 can't load XP.

All 3 quite identical.

5.7GHz 1.8V Cinebench R15, CB -135.

5.8 boots to windows, but no stability with CB15 - 0x124 BSOD. Tried higher and lower vcore and vccin.

Now stuck at 78 post code, not sure what is it, board works with another cpu. IMC dead?

The other one I sold - 4.7GHz 1.42V Prime95 1hr stable on air, with max temp 83.

The one I benched under cold - I guess same Prime95 (all 3 identical), Cinebench R11.5 and R15 - same 4.7GHz with 1.42V. 4.8 - no go.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

i will update OP soon guys!! just had a very busy week lol. and the results are so demotivating still nothing better than L418C221 / 223

also some vids are wrong, on MSI my vid is 1.078 in bios but on gigabyte it is 1.44 which is correct lol cause it was epic terrible cpu.

we should look at 4.4ghz vid. so boot windows and load the cpu and check what cpu-z says when its at 4.4ghz

u need to disable turbo on gigabyte mobos to see true vid on z97.

We found that batch quite accurately determines coldbug too. The C001's we tested would all do about -130, and then the few B977's we tested did around -105

Also, if you find a good chip get one with a serial that's close and it should clock about the same.

• Crew
We found that batch quite accurately determines coldbug too. The C001's we tested would all do about -130, and then the few B977's we tested did around -105

Also, if you find a good chip get one with a serial that's close and it should clock about the same.

i back this statement, if you find a gem, try find its brother with close serial!

Decided to try one more time, smaller potato this time.

Same batch L418C276 (no other available here since the beginning :( )

Finally 5GHz 32M 1.44V

VID on auto according to MPOWER is 1.120.

If it has the same -135 CB should be better than the previous one.

PS: G3258

omg omg what a situation.

bought 4th 4790k L420B732 from hardwareversand.de and it was already binned.

the box was intact but the cpu in the plastick box was rotaded 90 degrees against clock,and had cooler signs.

well....what shoud i had to do....tested and it does 4.7@1.25 4.8@1.3 4.9@1.4 no go freezes

what a bunnyextractionty situation.

i'm building my phase change but can't get a good cpu......

i called them,and they sed to send it back,and next time i order they sed that will be brand new.yep,sure...hope so

Edited by superV