HWBOT Community Forums

GPUPI - SuperPI on the GPU

_mat_

havli, we will look into this. Thanks for your feedback.

Strunkenbold, this is a very old submission with GPUPI 1.3, that was done manually, not via the HWBOT integration. The user made the mistake to enter the wrong calculation time. Please report it to a moderator, it should get fixed or removed.

Thank you. 4 points and two gold cups are no big deal... still I'm curious what the problem is.

Yesterday I put the HDD to Nehalem Xeon PC (no reinstall) and suddenly GPUPI submit is working again. Really strange, must be some kind of obscure incompatibility.

• Crew

Strunkenbold, this is a very old submission with GPUPI 1.3, that was done manually, not via the HWBOT integration. The user made the mistake to enter the wrong calculation time. Please report it to a moderator, it should get fixed or removed.

Ahh that explains quite a bit. I thought it had been done via integration since I cant edit this score field. Someone has todo this manually then.

mat,

can you please take a look at this data file? Suddenly I'm unable to submit my results - Invalid data file: Unable to parse the datafile. Similar error shows up when uploading directly from GPUPI.

Testing system is:

2x Xeon 5050 (stock, not overclocked)

8GB RAM

Windows 7 x64, HPET on

GPUPI 2.1.2 or 2.2 (both 64bit)

http://hw-museum.cz/data/temp/2x_xeon_5050_GPUPI_for%20CPU_100M_02m-14.666s.result

Our parser can not handle the XML. I think it contains a BOM?

java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanContent(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanContent(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:392)

at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:195)

at org.hwbot.util.dataparser.GenericDataParser.parseFile(GenericDataParser.java:195)

Yes, Windows 7 Pro CZ

I never had problem benchmarking GPUPI on CZ windows.

The xeon system is now disassembled, but the very same install of win7 (just connected HDD to another PC) worked fine on socket 1366 Xeon next day. I guess the data file just got corrupted somehow. Maybe a solar flare or something. :D

win74zkti.png

/irony

Cool, Win10 keep guys from competing - more computers with Win10 are desperately need! :D:D:D

irony/

I'm very sorry for my bad joke. I cannot resist...!

As for solution - it probably goes to sleep, as it come to conclusion, that it is just running in 2D, so then it not need any power, hence powesaving. I would try disable all powersavng features and change the GPU clocks for 2D too... if the drivers allow that. In old good times I can overclock my 6800 GT for 2D and 3D separately (tought only GPU, the memory clocks are same for 2D/3D) ... maybe you can do the same? For sure it is about powersaving. The question is only how to disable it...

I did not have GTX 980, much lett Ti or even Ti KPE, so I can only give you general tips on what is wrong and I quess you probably know that already?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, the HWBOT submit online and save data file are greyed out - windows 10 please could someone help ? thanks in advance
You have to complete a run using a category that is represented in HWBOT. That is:

CPU: 100M or 1B

GPU: 1B or 32B

All other categories won't allow you to save or submit a validation file.

Is not need to be enabled the HPET setting on Win8/Win10 systems in order to get validated score?

Without HPET you can't complete a benchmark run on Windows 8 or 10. There will be a startup error.

You have to complete a run using a category that is represented in HWBOT. That is:

CPU: 100M or 1B

GPU: 1B or 32B

All other categories won't allow you to save or submit a validation file.

Without HPET you can't complete a benchmark run on Windows 8 or 10. There will be a startup error.

Hi thanks for the response - I think * im doing this correctly and attach some images - The HPET doesn't seem an issue as the card is identified. following the running suggests calculation is complete but going to HWBOT *(image 3) is greyed out... Any help appreciated - Trying to submit to rookie #23 :)

Hi thanks for the response - I think * im doing this correctly and attach some images - The HPET doesn't seem an issue as the card is identified. following the running suggests calculation is complete but going to HWBOT *(image 3) is greyed out... Any help appreciated - Trying to submit to rookie #23 :)
100M is only for CPU, you are running the benchmark with GPU. ;)

• 2 weeks later...