HWBOT Community Forums

The official Novice Nimble #2 thread.

Massman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arne_Saknussemm

Hello,

I have a perfectly valid XTU sore for this competition but cannot enter it....I am not given the option at the side on the link page nor am I able to enter it from the competition page.

Could someone do me the courtesy of sorting this out? Thanks

AS

http://hwbot.org/submission/2829641

Is it possible that the person who has submitted the DDR2 result already submitted another (higher) result?

The key point about the Novice Nimble is that you need 3 people contributing a result to the ranking. The engine will select your best result as the one that counts for the team. So if you have 15K DDR4 and 12K DDR2, the engine takes into account the 15K score (even if you don't have a DDR2 for the team yet).

Ok ! But what if the previous submitted score is been topped by an other teammember. Shouldn't you be able to submit another score ?

I submitted a ddr3 score which has been beaten. So if I understand correctly I would be able to submit another score. But I cannot submit a new sco

Most scores checked guys and gals.

Plz don't forget the Futuremark verification link as the score is a competition entry!! Plus we need to cross check the System info version and co...

Thank you

That should have been pointed out , earlier and should have been written on the Novice Nimble intro.

Plus , to the benchmark page rules.

Dont forget that we are talking about Novice members here.

This is a novice competition.

Now , i have a member complaining at me , for not having the ability to know the exact rule earlier and wants to leave the team and the competition as he feels accused for no real reason.

He is the 3rd member of the team and he only kept screenshots.

He sold his hardware to fund a purchase for an upcoming stage.

... and we dont have an other Novice member , to take his position.

Please find me a solution.

• Crew
That should have been pointed out , earlier and should have been written on the Novice Nimble intro.

Dont forget that we are talking about Novice members here.

This is a novice competition.

I see this as a competition entry, thus the rules mention it needs a verification link...

I previously warned Team captains about some missing links. Hence why I posted the above warning in this thread a few weeks back...

Unless Christian decides otherwise, I just follow the rules...

Edited by Leeghoofd

My Maxxmem DDR3 score simply dissapeared without any sort of warning.

I do not own a DRR4 compatible rig as Taloken pointed out so there's no way a memory type conflict could be to blame.

Just tried to submit the same score again but it still doesn't work... (except in the "latest submissions" tab)

S4ch4z's doesn't have DDR4 rig.

Nexus (current DDR4 score *sigh*) submitted a better DDR3, but it doesn't appear neither his DDR4 score isn't removed.

That's the problem.

The key point is that our engine will not give you the best combination of results. In your team, you need to figure out the best combination of all your results. In this case, Nexus needs to choose whether he wants to contribute to DDR4 or DDR3. Right now he is "blocking" S4ch4z from contributing because he has a better DDR3 score.

So, two things:

1) I will remove Nexus' submissions from the competition so S4ch4z is contributing again.

2) For future competitions, do you think this is too complicated? We can also change the system to the "top-3 scores" in general. That would make it easier to understand which scores are contributing, but it would also mean the Novice Nimble team competition can be won by one user who has all the hardware. What do you think?

That's the problem.

The key point is that our engine will not give you the best combination of results. In your team, you need to figure out the best combination of all your results. In this case, Nexus needs to choose whether he wants to contribute to DDR4 or DDR3. Right now he is "blocking" S4ch4z from contributing because he has a better DDR3 score.

So, two things:

1) I will remove Nexus' submissions from the competition so S4ch4z is contributing again.

2) For future competitions, do you think this is too complicated? We can also change the system to the "top-3 scores" in general. That would make it easier to understand which scores are contributing, but it would also mean the Novice Nimble team competition can be won by one user who has all the hardware. What do you think?

Well S4ch4z result was out before Nexus submitted his better DDR3 xD

I understand why Nexus' DDR3 didn't appear (he already have a better DDR4 score), but i don't see what crashed S4ch4z' DDR3 :/

About 2) :

Well Top-3 scores is too easy i think : For Stage 3 for example, 3 novices with Z97+CFR/MFR and it's done.

By adding the hardware-type, and one score per user per stage, it encourage teams to dig for members and hardware ^^

Hello all

A kind request please.

I am new member and i did not understood the rule for this competition correctly.

Because in my opinion is not clear written.

Let me explain.

1)On oc-sport page , there is not written about futuremark link

2)On submission screen , there is not written about futuremark link

3)On 3dmark11 rules , says "Mandatory for global top-20"

Please make the rules more clear at first read.

Make it easy for us new people.

We dont all know good English.

Please accept my score , cause i worked very hard for it.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2854459_

If i still had that 7970 , i would say anything here and make a new score.

But i cant.

I sold it , to by an Nvidia.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.

Leeghoofd is correct, as per general benchmark rules, the FM validation link is mandatory for all competition entries.

And it wasn't specified again in the stage limitations.

I will restore this score since the member cannot rebench.

Thank you for your understanding.

My score is on the link above.

Needs verify from you ?

I think it would be nice to keep the DDRx scores so people will have to find members with old hardware, but it can be hard to "hold back" on a score incase there is someone with a better score for a different DDR type later on (especially when talking about 60+ days competitions). It would be a lot easier to just have the best combination count (or some form of calculating were any of our 3 people posting DDR2 scores count :P).