HWBOT Community Forums

The official Rookie Rumble AMD #14 thread.

RavenWings1369

Yep keep 1 or 2 cores for Max Freq, it's easier for cpu to scale ^^

Also for single-threaded benchmarks like SuperPi, PiFast, you can disable cores to stress less the CPU.

You can (allowed) also on multi-threaded, but it don't bring anything, just making the score lower x)

Hey Raven...

You need to go back to GPUPI web page and get the 2.1 edition. If you are running Windows x64 edition, it has a x64 bit version that will cut your score in half. I was thinking Roony was using a bugged version because at the top it has RTC 1ms. I looked at yours and my runs and they did not have that listed as part of the program. I asked and was informed that is because we had ran ours in 32bit mode.

Nice run on GPUPI Roony :)

I looked at what OC Freq I need to get 2nd place. I have one of the first 8320's and it needs 1.7 on a Gigabyte UD5 just to get to 5GHz:(

I had a newer one that I pickup a few months back. As you can see from my screen shot, I keep crashing at anything over 5400. I asked my self if I wanted to push it (had already killed one R2.0 and a 8350) and I did. The screen shot was taken @ 41c (by coretemp) and when I hit submit, the computer locked up. I got very lucky that it had been received.

Thank You For Your Time

In Reading My Post

Hey Raven...

You need to go back to GPUPI web page and get the 2.1 edition. If you are running Windows x64 edition, it has a x64 bit version that will cut your score in half. I was thinking Roony was using a bugged version because at the top it has RTC 1ms. I looked at yours and my runs and they did not have that listed as part of the program. I asked and was informed that is because we had ran ours in 32bit mode.

Nice run on GPUPI Roony :)

I looked at what OC Freq I need to get 2nd place. I have one of the first 8320's and it needs 1.7 on a Gigabyte UD5 just to get to 5GHz:(

I had a newer one that I pickup a few months back. As you can see from my screen shot, I keep crashing at anything over 5400. I asked my self if I wanted to push it (had already killed one R2.0 and a 8350) and I did. The screen shot was taken @ 41c (by coretemp) and when I hit submit, the computer locked up. I got very lucky that it had been received.

Thank You For Your Time

In Reading My Post

Thanks MaddMutt

That HELPED , didn't do much but it did save like 20 secs

Raven...

Not sure how you take someone giving advice (Your comment about how others feel about you being a women)?????

I looked at your GPUPI run and have a few pointer's:

1) Your NB is at 2000, if you can bump it up some, it will help in your score. It should be atleast 2400. Find a 80mm fan to blow air over the NB to help cool it when you increase the speed.

2) Your Mem is running at 800 (DDR3 1600) but your XMP say's that it can do 933 (DDR3 1866)

3) You should be able to manual set your memory to run @ 9-10-9-27 (Trc) <37 with 1.575v - 1.6v. That should cut another 7 - 9 sec off your run.

PS. WE are all here to compete BUT also to have fun and help others when needed :)

That is why we are called Rookies

Thank You For Your Time

In Reading My Post

Raven...

Not sure how you take someone giving advice (Your comment about how others feel about you being a women)?????

I looked at your GPUPI run and have a few pointer's:

1) Your NB is at 2000, if you can bump it up some, it will help in your score. It should be atleast 2400. Find a 80mm fan to blow air over the NB to help cool it when you increase the speed.

2) Your Mem is running at 800 (DDR3 1600) but your XMP say's that it can do 933 (DDR3 1866)

3) You should be able to manual set your memory to run @ 9-10-9-27 (Trc) <37 with 1.575v - 1.6v. That should cut another 7 - 9 sec off your run.

PS. WE are all here to compete BUT also to have fun and help others when needed :)

That is why we are called Rookies

Thank You For Your Time

In Reading My Post

I take all the Advice I can get good and bad to be honest with you

im not given up yet guys im still pushing this , to see what I can get out of it , having to much fun now , with a little more understanding of what to do now

I take all the Advice I can get good and bad to be honest with you

im not given up yet guys im still pushing this , to see what I can get out of it , having to much fun now , with a little more understanding of what to do now

I'll throw in a tip or two myself.

I noted you're running a fairly high multiplier (23x), sometimes with these chips using a little less multi and a little more FSB gets more from them. Of course this will affect things such as RAM speeds and your CPU/NB speed with what you finally get but it's something you can experiment with.

The deal is simple - Try any and everything (That's HWbot legal of course).

Haven't noted it being mentioned but don't forget to use the Bulldozer conditioner, that will help out alot if you're not using it already.

Dear Staff,

Me and Roony are neck and neck in the AMD Rookie Rumble with ONLY 1 POINT separating us. I Just beat his GPUPI CPU 100M submission AND NOW I FIND OUT I'm in the NOVICE LEAGUE WITH LESS THAN 20 HOURS LEFT!!!!!!! :(

Thank You For Your Patience.....

I had a run @ 26.856 to take the lead, Roony shot back with a run @ 26.426, which put us @ a 1 point difference in score. I just completed a run @ 26.390 to put some separation between us, just incase he takes the OC Freq. I submitted my score and was informed that I was now in the Novice League. The system will not let me submit my run as a Rookie because I have increased in position :(

I do not mind the bump up :) .....BUT with only 20 hours left to possible/actually win a Competition??????

How do you get on your knee's to Beg..Grovel (To humble oneself) and plead your case

Thank You For Your Time

In Reading And Replying

Edited by MaddMutt
wording

I had an idea to edit one of my GPUPI CPU submissions and put the new run in it's place. I would have to cut out today's date to try and make it work....

Then I realized that this would be no better than what other more experienced cheaters have done. If you have to cheat to WIN, then you are not having fun and enjoying being part of a larger community.

We are suppose to be here because we love trying to tweak and claw to get that last drop out of our computers. It doesn't matter if you have the newest stuff but how much you can get from what you have. That is where the fun and pride for what you have done comes in. Whether it is 1st place or last place, YOU sweated over building and tweaking each part in YOUR computer, you have learned the special tweaks/settings that work on YOUR computer.

Thank You For Your Time

In Reading My Post

Phillip M Cummins

SSGT USMC

Medically Retired

Diagnosed with Leukemia - Aug 2012

It certainly is a bit of a coincidence you're being bumped up to the Novice league only 20 hours before the closing of the Rookie Rumble. We've extended your Rookie status for 24 hours so we can see who takes the win in this contest. I hope it's in time, because the Rumble is closing soon.

I also appreciate your honesty. FYI, we have a mechanism in place that would prevent you from editing the submission however.

Have a nice day!

@ Roony........

Thank you for the congrats. It was a nail bitter, I believe, until 0200 Eastern Time. When I put the nail in the coffin with a run @ 25.758. Yes I had switched out

CPU's (8320 - 8370) but I dropped the 1866 memory (RipgawsZ) for the 1600 memory(Vengeance) because I have been tweaking them for over 3 yrs. The CPU speed never increased from the 8320 but I was able to increase the NB and lower the timings with the Corsair memory.

Thank You For Your Time.......In Reading My Post