HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE X99 Champion Challenge thread.

Tran_Bao_

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
For stage one CPU-z can not read over 4001.0 Mhz correct ?

I read the post's above but not sure i understand. Rules state 4001Mhz or less

Staff decided that only the frequency shown in XTU result matters, it has be 4ghz or lower, cpuz is not relevant

• Administrators

Go with the general rules, there is no specific SI version mentioned at competition rules, same for Catzilla, to be 100% sure I will ask head of moderation and confirm this

Edit - confirmed, go with the comp rules and general rules for each benchmark

Edited by websmile

cmon guy's please tell me your secrets for getting these high xtu scores. lolz ive been running xtu for days on end and cant get over 1859.

My cpu wont even run default settings anymore ive punished it so much. lol foreal c3, c6 and c7 need to be disabled for it to run defaults

• Crew

one word: I consider the 1870+ runs as "bugged" runs :P

Too bad this nice compo turns out like this... Still can't understand why the frequencies don't need to be adhered too.

Also I tried all the other OSses and seriously they aren't giving a 15-20 points boost versus a clean Win7/8 installation... unless most of us are missing something vital :P

ok i think i have to take position since i have been running "buggy" xtu :P

here is a 1864 run with cpu-z mem tab and gtl open (at that moment i thought that only the 3000c10 mem would be considered suspicious of me...)if you see anything buggy please let me know to change it in my next runs...

attached also a 1869 (<1870 not bugged right?) that the olny difference with the video one is that i have closed cpu-z and gtl (duh) and that i have run xtu at 640x480 (xtu folder\binnaries\right click properties at p95.exe\compatibility (also compatibility for xp sp2 is nice)

also please take notice that you can get a nice boost if you have your prefetch-superfetch parameters right and know how to use them and also take some time to test wich ramdisk gives you better score.Core parking settings and power options can give you a couple of points too.

Please no offence and nothing personal here but i just wanted to make my case clear since some people think the comp is unjust or anything

• Crew

Don't forget why I added the :) smiley mate.

Thanks for highlighting some stuff out, Never messed in OS with superfetch and co...

Again my only thing with this compo is that we see some peeps running over the frequency. But it is okay as XTU detects the approved frequency...

now good luck all, I had zero luck with the memory on the GT730, so time to move on :)

ok i think i have to take position since i have been running "buggy" xtu :P

here is a 1864 run with cpu-z mem tab and gtl open (at that moment i thought that only the 3000c10 mem would be considered suspicious of me...)if you see anything buggy please let me know to change it in my next runs...

attached also a 1869 (<1870 not bugged right?) that the olny difference with the video one is that i have closed cpu-z and gtl (duh) and that i have run xtu at 640x480 (xtu folder\binnaries\right click properties at p95.exe\compatibility (also compatibility for xp sp2 is nice)

also please take notice that you can get a nice boost if you have your prefetch-superfetch parameters right and know how to use them and also take some time to test wich ramdisk gives you better score.Core parking settings and power options can give you a couple of points too.

Please no offence and nothing personal here but i just wanted to make my case clear since some people think the comp is unjust or anything

Thanks for the tips man.

• Administrators

No need for XTU at GPU stages, and you have to submit for all stages to be eligible for lucky draw, afaik you do not have to submit for all to win prizes by becoming top 3 overall , but it sure would help :)

P.S. This contest has quite complicated rules, please read the overall rules and then rules for each stage where the needs for verification of stages is stated - these are usually more specific and show you what is needed for this stage´s submission

Edited by websmile

Excuse me, Stage 3 5GHZ XTU is ended at 29 May or 31 May ?

Because 2 weeks ago, I remember that I saw stage 3 5 GHz XTU end at 31 May and Now Stage 5GHz already ended at 29 May ?

Is it some error from oc-esport website or just me the one who saw it wrong or I'm drunk when i checked it. lol :P

Competition ended on May 29.

Stage 3 ended on May 29 as well but was showing May 31 for a while (bug that was fixed).

OK :D, so it fixed the competition and Stage 3 "XTU 5 GHz" ended at may 29.

Hopefully something like this did not happen again in the next competition, If i know like this. I just stop bench when the stage 6 3d01 already ended and dry the board. Not keep continue to Bench XTU for stage 3 scoring.

My X99-SOC Champion board got damage when I benched XTU after bench 3dmark 01 ,,,(T_T),,,

Gigabyte%20x99%20champ%20chall%20.jpg

Wallpaper link : http://hwbotnews.s3.amazonaws.com/Competitions/1228_GigabyteX99ChampionChallenge/champion_challenge_1920x1080.jpg

BTW Congratz for the winner, Demac and the runner-up FireKiller GR :D, Nice fight, GG and Well played :3

finally i can take a rest. Start prep my luggage and etc before going to Taipei peacefully :D

Edited by Coldest