HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE X99 Champion Challenge thread.

Tran_Bao_

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Stage one ends tomorrow, I made fast check on results and found a couple that will be removed - check your results, please, especially for frequency cap at screenshots and on XTU result - 4,09ghz is above limit and 4001,1 at cpuz as well for example... and I personally do not accept speedstep enabled if you make a screen for a low clock, you are on very thin ice if you do this^^

Edited by websmile

mm I bought a Gigabyte GT 730 rev 1.0 card, I can't seem to adjust the memory clock. It always jumps back to default in Win7 and 8, no matter the Nvidia driver or OC tool I use... anyone else having this?

man I can't believe I completely maxed out my score and I'm out of top 10 already. The 5960x has a big disadvantage. It's nice to see a cheaper cpu competitive though. There isn't much more I could do at 4001mhz core, 3300mhz mem and 4.5 cache, my cache wont go any higher. It would be funny to use ln2 for this round just to get cache higher.

I believe I have the same card. Which oc program are you using?

The newest precision x is working great with my card, memory oc's nice and got core to 1371mhz on stock cooler. K-Boost even works.

I would try px if you haven't already. Mine is working fine in both win7/8.1

Do you plan on trying to mod your card. I would love to try but dont know where to start. Trying to at least mod the bios now for 1187mv, 1162mv is max in precision right now.

I tried Precision, Afterburner, Nvinspector and Gigabyte OC Guru II, none can set my mem any higher than 5010 lol... this sux bananas

man that's so weird. I got mine to 6100mhz and then it starts to bug out. I am using the newest precision x with win 7 and 8, are you going to try any mods.

I tried Precision, Afterburner, Nvinspector and Gigabyte OC Guru II, none can set my mem any higher than 5010 lol... this sux bananas... Maybe I could try flashing your VGA bios ?

Ya I can upload mine here. Is yours this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125775

I'm so sorry man, after I went to get the product link for you I realized it's rev. 2. I remembered seeing rev. and thought it was the same. maybe my bios can still help you though.

Here is my bios just in case it can help you.

Also I guess enabling k-boost is worth a shot. I couldn't oc my 980 kpe mem unless k-boost was enabled.

If you could oc the mem would you try a mod. Is it hard with these cards. There obviously is no info anywhere on these cards and there are so many rev.

• Administrators

Due to the problem with readout that occurs sometimes and sometimes not we decided to stay with xtu freq that is shown for now - this is no general decision that will last forever, but for this comp it is OK

XTU reported max frequency must be 4.00 GHz or lower. Anything higher will be removed from the contest. Results without a valid reported frequency (0 or -- for example) will also be removed from the competition.

We recommend using the latest XTU version :)

CPU-Z frequency can be above and below 4'000 MHz.

Also, when showing GPU-Z sensor tab, dont forget to make sure "max" is on for "GPU Core Clock".

attachment.php?attachmentid=2928&stc=1&d=1431079679

Edited by Christian Ney