HWBOT Community Forums

ULTIMATE ASUS MATRIX PLATINUM GTX 980 TI AC/LN2 TIPS

On 4/12/2016 at 11:39 AM, elmor said:

P2 state (CUDA/OpenCL) downclocking is solved with t4 BIOSes below:

* Matrix 980 Ti (Hynix memory) m980ti_ln2t4h.rom

* Matrix 980 Ti, Strix 980Ti V2 with Digi+ VRM (Samsung memory) m980ti_ln2t4s.rom

* Strix 980Ti V1 with SHE VRM (Hynix memory) s980ti1_ln2t4h.rom

I've only tested the Matrix 980 Ti (Hynix memory) BIOS but the others should work as well. Please test and let me know. * Strix 980 Ti V1 tested and works *

Memory overclocking is not working and doesn't seem fixable by BIOS. It also doesn't seem to affect the score a lot at least in GPUPI. However I found a workaround using Thermspy and its "Test CLK" feature. Any change to the P-states will remove your setting so I used GPUTweakII to force Always 3D Clock. Then you have to apply the memory clock in Thermspy while in boost state. In GPUPI you can achieve this by pressing Calculate, apply settings + OK. Before starting the benchmark while at the Start dialog box the card enters P2 boost state. During this time you can apply the memory clock using Thermspy and it will stick until the benchmark is finished. Values above 4096 gives an error but still applies.

http://forum.hwbot.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4143&stc=1&d=1460449257

Has anyone saved this bioses ?
I see only the link for T3 still working.

Edited by suzuki

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic