- Fixed Memory ratio sometimes not changing bug

- Fixed XMP + OC Load profile bug

- Adds Memory Bandwidth Turbo for performance improvement

- Fixed Wrong Target CPU Speed shown after Clear CMOS

Can't download?

@Massman

Msi P67-A GD65 ALL Bios versions

Max 5100 mhz ,not 5200 + mhz, PXE-E01 error continues

PCE-E01 error is due to CPU instability. Other mainboards will just show blank screen. It's right before showing the HDD boot partitions.

Other mainboards will just show blank screen. It's right before showing the HDD boot partitions.

That's is how this P67 Extreme 6 acts with a multi of 56. It shows a cursor in the upper left. It will do 55 pretty well with reasonable voltages, but it really doesn't want to go past that. Heh, guess that's better than the 50 it topped out at before the internal PLL voltage fix. ;)

That's is how this P67 Extreme 6 acts with a multi of 56. It shows a cursor in the upper left. It will do 55 pretty well with reasonable voltages, but it really doesn't want to go past that. Heh, guess that's better than the 50 it topped out at before the internal PLL voltage fix. ;)

It's not the multiplier that is causing this, but the actual CPU frequency. It's quite possible you'll be able to boot at 98.2x56 (given your board can do it) and fail to boot at 101.8x55.

The debug leds on ASUS boards show 'AE', which is the part where the board checks what it should boot from. Interestingly, when you disable all boot options except for the HDD and unplug the HDD, the system will go straight to the BIOS. The PXE-E01 points towards a LAN BOOT problem (at least according to google), but I guess it's more wise to assume it's just a PCI ROM read error failing when trying to boot from something.

Before the launch of Sandy Bridge everyone was pointing to the DMI/SATA giving problems due to overclocking, but given these particular issues I'm not so sure it's either of those two as it's clearly not the BCLK OC causing this. Perhaps the CPU itself, although the behavior is a-typical to anything we've seen before: a given CPU could run full stable (Wprime and SuperPI) at 5000MHz and fail to boot at, eg, 5010MHz. There's no instability scaling whatsoever.

Perhaps it's a part of the System Agent integrated on the CPU die? Or the Intel Management Engine integrated on the P67 chipset? Or a combination? No idea really.

Perhaps the CPU itself, although the behavior is a-typical to anything we've seen before: a given CPU could run full stable (Wprime and SuperPI) at 5000MHz and fail to boot at, eg, 5010MHz. There's no instability scaling whatsoever.

This is what has struck me about SB overclocking. It's either relatively stable or just nothing. There is no middle ground (though I have managed to crash loading the OS a couple times). I have yet to need to reset CMOS with this board, because it will always boot so you can get back into UEFI, it just won't get past the evil, impassable blinking cursor.

Of course, I'm still feeling out the platform, as we all are. Maybe we'll find a way around it. :)

- P67A-UD4 (F7h): http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/p67aud4.f7h

1. Fix DVID

- Maximus IV Extreme (0951): http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-0951.ROM

- Maximus IV Extreme (0950): http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-0950.ROM

1. Enhance support for high performance DRAM

2. Improve XMP module compatibility

3. Adds new option Memory Bandwidth Booster for better DRAM performance

4. Fix BIOS may shwo incorrect Target CPU Speed shown after Clear CMOS"

Remember to enable the PLL Overide, not leaving it Auto. I believe from .174 onwards, all of the BIOS allows more that x50 multi with the PLL Overide ENABLED.

PLL is enable @ 1.95v

Cpu Core Voltage @ 1.535v (5.1ghz w/ 1.49v)

CPU I/O @ 1.45v

System Agent Voltage @ 1.445v

PCH @ 1.3v

@ 100x51 system start and it´s stable, but @ 100x52 all i got is a black screen after post...