HWBOT Community Forums

ULTIMATE ASUS 1080TI ROG STRIX AC/LN2 TIPS

I get identical performance here with XOC bios and Nvidia FE bios. Can someone send me the exact bioses and conditions where there's a performance difference?

XOC bios is significantly worse than the Asus FE bios for me. After spending some time tuning the XOC, I got 10615 in Suposition 4K at 2138 / 6180, no limiting seen at all which was good. (2152/6180, but you get the idea)

883ce699_supo21526180xoc106324psmooth.jpeg

Not bad, but using what I learnt and tuning the Asus FE bios I have been able to get 10795 at the same 2138 / 6180, but fully power limiting and clocking down as far as 2062.

2eaeb8f1_supo213861804point207610795CU381.89drivertune.jpeg

If the XOC had been performing the same, I would have expected to see 10900 or better given the scaling, so the XOC is loosing at least 2.5% to the Asus FE bios, and apparently the Nvidia FE bios is fractional better again, even though it scored the same for me.

The XOC bios I download from here, and the Asus FE bios is very similar to https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191160/asus-gtx1080ti-11264-170301 or the standard Nvidia FE bios.

It would be nice if we could get the Asus FE bios unlimited so we could do a true comparison :) I only need 350w for my purposes, but would be happy with either.

XOC bios is significantly worse than the Asus FE bios for me. After spending some time tuning the XOC, I got 10615 in Suposition 4K at 2138 / 6180, no limiting seen at all which was good. (2152/6180, but you get the idea)

883ce699_supo21526180xoc106324psmooth.jpeg

Not bad, but using what I learnt and tuning the Asus FE bios I have been able to get 10795 at the same 2138 / 6180, but fully power limiting and clocking down as far as 2062.

2eaeb8f1_supo213861804point207610795CU381.89drivertune.jpeg

If the XOC had been performing the same, I would have expected to see 10900 or better given the scaling, so the XOC is loosing at least 2.5% to the Asus FE bios, and apparently the Nvidia FE bios is fractional better again, even though it scored the same for me.

The XOC bios I download from here, and the Asus FE bios is very similar to https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191160/asus-gtx1080ti-11264-170301 or the standard Nvidia FE bios.

It would be nice if we could get the Asus FE bios unlimited so we could do a true comparison :) I only need 350w for my purposes, but would be happy with either.

Can you upload the exact BIOS rom?

CornerJack..

Does the Hotwire work with the OC-Panel? I can read the Voltage, but i cant change the Voltage...

DJ, did you happen to get a response from CJ in regards to this question? Obviously no response on the thread but was thinking maybe you got a private reply. Hoping, anyways.

I have the same issue. With hotwire mod/OC-Panel I can read the voltage but when I try and make any changes it seems they are simply ignored. Maybe I did something wrong? My understanding is you solder the two wires to GPU and connect them to the relevant OC-Panel VGA hotwire connector and you're done. That's correct, right?

Someone else in this thread mentioned that using the s1080_Tool that extreme addict posted with the XOC bios doesn't reflect the voltage changes in software monitoring apps like MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z so at first I didn't think the utility worked. When I hooked up the hardwire mod I could then see plainly what the voltage was at. I still can't change it using the OC Panel but the s1080tool let's me do it so all good I suppose.

NOw, my question is, one of my cards can boost to +139 with just water cooling and the XOC bios. I don't have to change anything other than add +139 to the base close. What I can't figure out is why it is impossible to even get a few seconds of an overclock if I turn it +140. I thought maybe more voltage - but gave it tons of juice and same behavior Any ideas? +139 stable but +140 will freeze every time no matter how much juice I give it? Please educate me.

Edited by marco.is.not.80
holy shit whatever I wrote previously was incoherent.

I know I'm lost all the lotteries (7700k stable at only 4.9, MB VRM whines, GPU overclocks poorly and produce much heat), but I still cannot understand why my GPU overclocks worse as I rise the voltage.

With air cooler I was able to get +60 MHz GPU and boost clock was around ~1975 at ~70*C. Idle was 50-53*C (1070 had ~43*C idling, also Strix version). According to reviews Strix 1080Ti should have almost equal temps to Strix 1070, so this already indicates that my chip is not lucky.

With waterblock I could not set GPU frequency any higher, but boost clock stays around 2050 MHz. Temp under full load is ~40-43*C.

But if I try to increase the voltage using voltage tool even +60 becomes unstable. At 1.15V only +30 is stable. It's first time I see higher voltage results in lower OC.

BTW at Kombustor (Furry Donut) GPU power consumption is around 450W@1.1V and 500W@1.15V, seems to be way too high.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all !

Does this Asus XOC bios fits EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING 11G-P4-6696-KR ?

According to review of evga card it uses NCP81274 controller with NCP81162 and NCP81158 doublers

I want to use cards with fullcover waterblock and overclock them by MSI curve

I already have 1080 Palit Jetstreame with 1080XOC and everything is ok - 2225mhz @ 1.15v

Shall it be ok with 1080Ti XOC and EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 too ?

no way to tell unless you try. I know strix and matrix bios' both used to work on eVGA KPE cards on 980

Just bought 2 of these bad boys and cant wait to take them cold. Stock cooler is fantastic about 15c better than the zotac amp.

i want to use XOS bios and watercooling for cards but one thing i am worring about Asus Strix is that its EK fullcover does not contact power chokes. it contacts vrm, memory, but chokes between them are out of deal

does anyone measure their temps, mb they dont need cooling at all? i wonder

Bitspower waterblock which contacts chokes gives higher boost clock compared to EK.

Results from an independent review (overclockers.ru).

Core clock under full load:

Bitspower: 2072-2088-2114.

EK: 2006-2025-2056

Asus Strix stock air cooler: 2025-2063 (it also contacts chokes).

Temps for Bitspower and EK were almost same: Bitspower 47*C core, 47*C VRM; EK 48*C core, 45*C VRM. Strix stock cooler (2200 RPM): 61*C core, 58*C VRM

Edited by C00LM4N

• 4 weeks later...
XOC Bios seems to now doing what it suppose to do on my 1080 Ti ROG STRIX.

I have flashed XOC Bios and I still get Perf Limits: Power and Voltage in GPU-Z and OSD when I run Heaven. Card does not downclock anymore on 40 and 50 temps, it also draw more voltage on stock. However I still get Power Limit perfs and it downclocks my card after I get past 60C.

Max my card did draw according HWInfo was 320W so far.

I tried flashing stock again, reflashed XOC, and then tried 3 more times but nothing change, still getting Power Limit perfs and downclock because of it after certain temp treshhold.

Excuse me sir, this XOC bios will work on a normal stock air gtx 1080 TI strix (not OC oversion) without moda? because I would like to improve my Power limit too.

normal strix is 300W the Oc version is 330W.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The links in the OP are not working see quoted text below. Can someone fix them please.

"XOC

Firstly - a very good news - we have fully working real XOC BIOS which removes all powerlimit/powertarget protections in NVIDIA drivers. Second great information for many XOC guys who don't like soldering and so on - we can push the card without a single mod all thanks to special tools.

A) XOC tools:

STOCK BIOS

XOC BIOS + NVFLASH FOR WINDOWS

XOC VOLTAGE TOOL"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...