HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Maximus IX Apex and Coffee Lake Cpu's !

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I'm new here, I've just read through this topic from the beginning and have some question. Can anybody help me?

First, I have an M9A mainboard with default BIOS version 0701, and as I read, I can flash the modded BIOS to make it work with QTJ2 without any hardware mod, right?

I also read that I can use the unlock modded BIOS 2301 so I dont have to mess with the hardware (I'm not good at this), so if I use the 2301 unlock to flash, I need to rename it to M9A.cap and use the BIOS Flashback right?

I cant find the description of the modded BIOS, so I want to ask if 2301 modded unlock BIOS can support the QTJ2?

Thank you for your time.

8 hours ago, mig0 said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here, I've just read through this topic from the beginning and have some question. Can anybody help me?

First, I have an M9A mainboard with default BIOS version 0701, and as I read, I can flash the modded BIOS to make it work with QTJ2 without any hardware mod, right?

I also read that I can use the unlock modded BIOS 2301 so I dont have to mess with the hardware (I'm not good at this), so if I use the 2301 unlock to flash, I need to rename it to M9A.cap and use the BIOS Flashback right?

I cant find the description of the modded BIOS, so I want to ask if 2301 modded unlock BIOS can support the QTJ2?

Thank you for your time.

As I know you cannot flash modded bios over stock one with asus flashback feature. You need to use bios hardware programmer to reflash it. I recommend to flash v. 2603, it supports all modded laptop cpu's.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Привет, ребята. Подскажите пожалуйста, есть ли на плате максимус 10 апекс такие же пины, как и на 9 апексе, для разблокировки прошиваемых файлов биоса. Мне нужно прошить пластину через флэш-память, чтобы на ней запустился ноутбучный процессор (9980hk srfd0)

изображение.png.560577cec1716cc7bbb863226d43d91b.png

Edited by Markankg
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Markankg said:

Привет, ребята. Подскажите пожалуйста, есть ли на плате максимус 10 апекс такие же пины, как и на 9 апексе, для разблокировки прошиваемых файлов биоса. Мне нужно прошить пластину через флэш-память, чтобы на ней запустился ноутбучный процессор (9980hk srfd0)

На фото не микросхема биоса. Две флешки обвел на фото. Шьются программатором через SPI-разъем под ними.

Доски 9го и 10го поколения идентичны.

06.png

Edited by dmytri2009
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dmytri2009 said:

Доски 9го и 10го поколения идентичны.

Посмотри самое первоее сообщ в теме в начале. Там замыкали два контакта для того что бы открыть запись регионов итд. на 10 апексе же там по другому все 

On 2/1/2023 at 11:11 AM, Markankg said:

Посмотри самое первоее сообщ в теме в начале. Там замыкали два контакта для того что бы открыть запись регионов итд. на 10 апексе же там по другому все 

Почитай внимательно тему. Зачем уродовать доску, если достаточно прошить модифицированный биос.

И я бы рекомендовал писать на английском, больше шансов, что тебе помогут.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I'd like to ask a question, I'm modified my Maximus IX Extreme motherboard to work with Coffelake cpus ( pinmod and the unlock for bios flash then dump and modified my bios successfully) Do i have to isolate the pads on the cpus I like to use? 

Edited by Victor91

7 hours ago, Victor91 said:

Hi everyone, I'd like to ask a question, I'm modified my Maximus IX Extreme motherboard to work with Coffelake cpus ( pinmod and the unlock for bios flash then dump and modified my bios successfully) Do i have to isolate the pads on the cpus I like to use? 

See the first post!

NOTE!

Do the bios flash after hardware mods are done  !!! Soldering cpu pads is not needed  . 

Known issue is that HT does not work currently on 6c cpu's hence it is disabled by default. After everything is set-up board will work with cofee lake based cpu's as well as with older cpu's without issue.

Have fun !

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Okey, so I've been reading this thread front to back a couple of times and decided to give it a shot myself. I can't seem to get past flashing the dsanke 2603 bios, using a 4gb gen.2 usb with bios renamed to creative.rom... When flashing using flashback and shorting the pins to unlock for modded bios, the bios light flashes 3-4 times as normal then stays on forever. It just doesn't want to flash the the bios it seems, could someone help me out?

Maximus IX Apex + 7700K (9900KS when I can manage to flash the bios)