HWBOT Community Forums

Best Mobo X299 for OC - Evga Dark or Asrock OCF?

I choose between both.

Evga - E-ATX, construction as overall - heavy-duty.

Asrock - many know how, highest performance.

Which of them allows you to achieve the best results?
What can I put less voltage for example?

Thanks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

X299 SOC Champion

15 minutes ago, Splave said:

Asrock ofcourse. Has nearly ever x299 wr and works just as well with 7740x with ide xp mode. 

But yeah get a gigabyte /s 

Thank you. 

Where i can get gigabyte soc champion?

• Like 1

Get a gigabyte? lul

Not sure why anyone would do that to them self, would have to be a proper masochist as every single gigabyte board I've ever worked with has been just absolutely terrible. Maybe if they knew how to make a bios that worked, or maybe if they could have said bios actually properly apply the settings it's given, or maybe if their qc existed at all. Or maybe if they just let someone who knows how to make motherboards make a motherboard then slap the gigabyte branding on it, then maybe I'd consider a gigabyte board. But otherwise I think that it's just not worth the pain for zero gain. 

Anyways from my experience the evga dark is very good for skyx, if not possibly the best. However it doesn't work very well for kabyx so if you want to use 7740x then you'll want an OCF. The rampage board from asus is also pretty good for kabyx but doesn't have the vrm to stabilize clocks on the bigger skyx chips.

Edited by yosarianilives
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Get a gigabyte? lul

Not sure why anyone would do that to them self, would have to be a proper masochist as every single gigabyte board I've ever worked with has been just absolutely terrible. Maybe if they knew how to make a bios that worked, or maybe if they could have said bios actually properly apply the settings it's given, or maybe if they're qc existed at all. Or maybe if they just let someone who knows how to make motherboards make a motherboard then slap the gigabyte branding on it, then maybe I'd consider a gigabyte board. But otherwise I think that it's just not worth the pain for zero gain. 

Anyways from my experience the evga dark is very good for skyx, if not possibly the best. However it doesn't work very well for kabyx so if you want to use 7740x then you'll want an OCF. The rampage board from asus is also pretty good for kabyx but doesn't have the vrm to stabilize clocks on the bigger skyx chips.

Thank you very much for widthest answer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2018 at 12:42 AM, Kashtan said:

I choose between both.

Evga - E-ATX, construction as overall - heavy-duty.

Asrock - many know how, highest performance.

Which of them allows you to achieve the best results?
What can I put less voltage for example?

Thanks.

Why are you not considering the APEX? Are you planning to bench Kaby-X or Sky-X? Different boards are best for both platforms.

Edited by unityofsaints

On 1/14/2019 at 4:57 AM, unityofsaints said:

Why are you not considering the APEX? Are you planning to bench Kaby-X or Sky-X? Different boards are best for both platforms.

APEX VI - not best for X299, memory, VRM - worse than OC Formula and Evga Dark. Initially my plans were only for KBX, so...

Are you sure about memory? I did 4300+ 12 11 11 on kb-x and 4000+ quad channel 12-11 easy on skl-x. Please be aware imc on skl-x is tricky,  in the beggining the mem freq had to be lower to improve cbb but latest bios-es fixed this. Regarding vrm board was good for lhe on kbl-x and 1.5V+ worked fine on skl-x 18 core.  I am sure you will get good results from either board be it x299 formula , Asus Apex or Evga dark, just don't make decisive conclusions before testing with your own hands.

• Like 5